Temp Three : Melee-Mage (Crusader)

Melee Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Wrestling

Bandage timers stink, insta hit can be disrupted, offensive casting can be slow.
Although healing has its advantages sometimes its better to have mastered magery with meditation and be a 3X grandmaster at your weapon style.

With 100/75/50 stats, faster weapons, and magic for support having a high mana regeneration rate, this temp is ideal against mages or other light armored opponents but with a little skill can take on dexxers. It's drawback - minimal or no armor for it to be effective, it's benefit - dexxer class melee with faster heal recovery.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

XaN

Re: Variations continued

Post by XaN »

The Order/Chaos Townie with out of town abilities...

Magery
Med
Resist
Anat
Healing
Swords
Tact
Parry

Magery/Med at 50.

I just use mini heals.. lowered my str and dex to 95 for added mana. Soloing out in the field is tough but you can still succeed if you got a fast weapon and can deal with casters you should be alright.

Not sure why you posted your template other than to give people ideas... here's mine.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Variations continued

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Ahem...both my thieves...

Stealth/Utility Thief

GM Steal
GM Wrestle
90 Hiding
90 Stealth
80 Snooping
80 Magery
80 Tracking
80 Detect

Comments: Just recently changed my 7x Stealth Mage into this hybrid for a little more utility, works pretty well. Good for finding hidden afkers that think they are safe, revealing them without revealing yourself. Also Detect is effective for house looting. Main function is to steal recall out quickly after getting what you want.

Defense Thief

GM Steal
GM Wrestle
90 Magery
90 Meditation
80 Healing
80 Anatomy
80 Resist
80 Snooping

Comments: Almost finish with this one, and am currently field testing it. My intention was to make a thief that was hard to kill, and also one that would just irritate and wear down an opponent. There is no offense here. Basically just steal and stay alive. So far, its working well, not having any problems with anyone 1v1. The only problem is that for some reason people have been gang banging me. With that said I am still able to defend for a long time, and have yet to be killed, just forced into recalling. Granted, I carry under 30 of each reg and no potions, just bandaids and a few pouches. Over all I am pleased with this template.

p.s. Bandage timers do stink as OP stated.