Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

Cataclyst

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by Cataclyst »

Psilo wrote:
punk wrote:75% or more of the damage in a duel comes from hally. It would literally be NOT possible to kill someone at all with 5x and a random hally hit if your lucky. I don't see how duels back then were basically 5x with hally as a finisher, because healing through poison makes 5x not possible at all.
Here's the reason why in 1998 the hally was used less than it is on UOSA:
1. UOSA's pvp isn't completely accurate.
2. Everyone has GM resist now. In 1998 no one had GM resist. People had like 60-70 average.
3. People have gotten better at pvp since playing it so many years. The mechanics of UOSa are understood well compared to how people understood mechanics in 1998(as different or similar as they were to UOSA's).

Those 3 things together is why people spam hally hits so much, especially GM hallies.

That's why I'll say it again and again. Try fighting more on the field on mount, with no restrictions and rules and you'll see who the real pvpers are. Use everything you have to your advantage. Agility potions, magic hallies.

Tournaments are where the luck thrives, not the field.

Look what happens when tournament all-stars try to use their 3,2,1 dump tactics on me in a field fight. 2v1.

I just had to quote this awesome screenshot because this guy really thinks he killed anyone 2v1. We were fighting like 2v7, we had just killed Jimi Hendrix while everyone else had ran off screen, mike was sitting at like 60% hp you run on screen drop then run off, I continue to fight you until you eventually end up running, the end.

But on a side note, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the impact of the upcoming PvP changes, and how the rest of the shard will react, and how bad it will really be.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I just had to quote this awesome screenshot because this guy really thinks he killed anyone 2v1. We were fighting like 2v7, we had just killed Jimi Hendrix while everyone else had ran off screen, mike was sitting at like 60% hp you run on screen drop then run off, I continue to fight you until you eventually end up running, the end.

But on a side note, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the impact of the upcoming PvP changes, and how the rest of the shard will react, and how bad it will really be.

Haha I am not talking , sorry sometimes even anti-pks such as myself post screenshots of our glory 8)
Last edited by Derrick on Fri May 14, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Claiming you're "2v1ing" us is talking , you couldn't even handle either of us 1v1, yawn. Quit trying to ride coat tails, and just accept the cold hard facts and move on, and stop running.
Last edited by Derrick on Fri May 14, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Lol!

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

Cataclyst wrote:
Psilo wrote:
punk wrote:75% or more of the damage in a duel comes from hally. It would literally be NOT possible to kill someone at all with 5x and a random hally hit if your lucky. I don't see how duels back then were basically 5x with hally as a finisher, because healing through poison makes 5x not possible at all.
Here's the reason why in 1998 the hally was used less than it is on UOSA:
1. UOSA's pvp isn't completely accurate.
2. Everyone has GM resist now. In 1998 no one had GM resist. People had like 60-70 average.
3. People have gotten better at pvp since playing it so many years. The mechanics of UOSa are understood well compared to how people understood mechanics in 1998(as different or similar as they were to UOSA's).

Those 3 things together is why people spam hally hits so much, especially GM hallies.

That's why I'll say it again and again. Try fighting more on the field on mount, with no restrictions and rules and you'll see who the real pvpers are. Use everything you have to your advantage. Agility potions, magic hallies.

Tournaments are where the luck thrives, not the field.

Look what happens when tournament all-stars try to use their 3,2,1 dump tactics on me in a field fight. 2v1.

what changes are you talking about specifically and could you explain each point to extreme detail

yours sincerely,
Axel.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Lonebob wrote:The people who use "cheap" tactics have taken the time to research those tactics and are more prepared than the other person.
Stretching quite a bit to make your point. Not sure where you're getting the idea that cheating (hacking your opponent's accounts and stealing their characters, DDOsing them and causing them to disconnect, etc) is noble because you "took the time to research how to do it". A real life example of this is like spiking somebody's Coke at a D&D session so they make terrible decisions and die.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

off screening even numbers is for pussies unless its 4+ v 4+ end of story.

especially with the way pvp is on this server.

i remember when i first came to the server about 2 years ago and me and two others pvped 4 cr3w and all that happened was we ran around destard mountain about 10 times for 30 minutes and then they recalled and that was the end of the fight.

Pro

Post by Pro »

if you cant kill people who offscreen you're bad at the game

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

lol you cant kill someone who WANTS to get away and everyone knows that, you must be pretty dumb or you roll with a gank squad.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pro wrote:if you cant kill people who offscreen you're bad at the game
You're bad at the game if you lost a duel to Fador, just saying is all. :oops:

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

Faust wrote:
Pro wrote:if you cant kill people who offscreen you're bad at the game
You're bad at the game if you lost a duel to Fador, just saying is all. :oops:
hey faust, could you teach me how to 1v1 pvp on this shard plez ? like a proper montage training sesh

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is no point in learning the pvp right now until the new changes with the swing timer go into effect.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

That, and faust is quite terrible @ pvp ;( maybe thats why he wants the new changes so badly

Faust

Post by Faust »

Where was it ever mentioned that I want these changes so badlY? The only comment that has been made on my behalf is that there is no joy in it for me to play something that is inaccurate to this era. Second, you are well beyond terrible since you have refused on several occassions to duel someone that is apparently terrible.

Quick question.. What is worse here?

Someone that rarely has the time to play that is still better than you and talks smack.
or
Someone that plays non-stop that is still worse than you that talks smack.

Don't try to think too hard about this one Cata. :wink:

Pro

Post by Pro »

Axel231 wrote:lol you cant kill someone who WANTS to get away and everyone knows that, you must be pretty dumb or you roll with a gank squad.
you said offscreening that doens't mean running away you stupid cunt :D

also faust you're the one always complaining about random damage and as I've said anyone can win one duel ;/