Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

Mazer

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by Mazer »

Mazer wrote:
Faust wrote:The only problem right now is the heal "in mani" spell, nothing else.
Keep telling yourself that pops.
:lol: :lol:

Domnu

Post by Domnu »

So I guess even after all these years Faust still has no credibility? Some things never change.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Axel231 wrote:ill make you one if you recruit me into your guild :)

or give me a bunch of gold

If its necessary ill have to supply my UO resume ?
but we are just petty newbs, did you not read the honorable Faust's posts?!!?!

:roll:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Sandro wrote:I didn't beg, I started over on new accounts, idiot.

You, are neither staff, nor a player, that is the bad part. You wish you we're staff, but again, you're not. It wouldn't be so bad if you we're getting paid to do nothing but post on the forums and research endless UOHC chat logs & blogs, but again, you're not.

Where's the catch? :(
Angry much? I remember getting angry at words on the internet...when I was 17. Not worth it bro.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Sandro wrote:That means I will be able to insta-kill people with weaken + double hally hit (25/vanq)

no spells or potions necessary..

great mechanics there boss
If it works like it did in '98-'99 the double hit doesn't always take place. It was a randomized occurrence or "glitch" that OSI attributed to the re-arm delay timer "looping" and reloading itself so it actually seemed like two instantaneous hits at once. Or at least that's how they tried to explain it on stratics way back when.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

right, but i know how it works, and you can repeat the process just like you can repeat the hally swing..

it would be easier to just demonstrate this once this awful patch comes into play
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

The most logical theory by Kaivan for the double hit exploit involves the global timer that handles the ticks when a weapon is ready to swing utilizing the equip delay/prep time to reset it back to state one.

The double hit may not be possible when the new swing timer goes live.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

oh what, now no double hit?

so many changes! :lol:

why won't you let me double-hit exploit everyone? realized this might be a bad idea?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Umm, no one said it wouldn't go in.. read the words "might not" son. I know Kaivan isn't concerned about getting it to work with the new swing timer and Derrick probably isn't either if he isn't. I'm really familiar with the way the code works for the swing timer but not that familiar with the way it corresponds with the global timer. I have been further analyzing the code(specifically for a double hit exploit) and it doesn't seem possible to pull one off with just the code alone as previously thought. I confirmed a few things with Batlin a few days ago that wasn't fully understood(mainly the way the combat timer calls a swing with the AdvanceSwingState() function). The timer doesn't actually care about the character's swing state at all but the returned state from the function itself. This means a swing can only be called once no matter what in the swing timer code itself meaning the bug probably resides with in the global timer itself(something that isn't completely understood by me) as of now. So the swing timer will still be fixed but the double hit bug may come later depending on what happens. I don't really know for sure. I just know the swing timer has been on the list for awhile now since it was decompiled and expected to go in anytime now. Just because someone brought up the double hit exploit here and small chatter went on about it doesn't incline it was going to happen to begin with. You are only making the usual assumptions based on chit chat like you always do son.
Last edited by Faust on Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

If the double-hit doesn't take place then I'm just going to assume you guys have already fixed the global timer, weapon timer sync issues. So I guess as long as the melee changes go into effect I'm happy :D
Last edited by KydVicious on Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Faust wrote:The most logical theory by Kaivan for the double hit exploit involves the global timer that handles the ticks when a weapon is ready to swing utilizing the equip delay/prep time to reset it back to state one.

The double hit may not be possible when the new swing timer goes live.
Then I take it that you guys would have allowed weapon timer delays to be in-sync with the global timer? OSI did fix this problem, however, I don't know what they did to prevent the weapon re-arm delay from looping, syncing the timer with the global timer might be a fix. Another reason it may not work here is because you have made changes to the weapon timers as it is currently I believe you work off of .25s "ticks"? I'm not sure how OSI's unit of timing was set but maybe they had to adjust that to fix the "double-hit" glitch. Not sure but then again I'm not a code jockey lol

Faust

Post by Faust »

All OSI timers were based on ticks. Take a look at this known fact that Batlin posted over at JoinUO.com

http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=570

This is kind of funny because OSI still lists ticks in their weapon delays to this very day. Some people don't realize how much of the core mechanics are still being used that was implemented at the game's inception.

Kaivan's theory is based on the global timer that handles all the ticks. For example, if a swing is queued in the global timer a person could possibly tab out or disarm/arm to reset the state back to one and the swing counter back to the initial duration of state one. This is just a theory after all and doesn't necessarily mean it's the way the exploit worked. We don't know how the exploit worked for sure and may never know. I'm hoping it will someday pop up in the demo but only time will tell.
Last edited by Faust on Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Umm, no one said it wouldn't go in.. read the words "might not" son. I know Kaivan isn't concerned about getting it to work with the new swing timer and Derrick probably isn't either if he isn't. I'm really familiar with the way the code works for the swing timer but not that familiar with the way it corresponds with the global timer. I have been further analyzing the code(specifically for a double hit exploit) and it doesn't seem possible to pull one off with just the code alone as previously thought. I confirmed a few things with Batlin a few days ago that wasn't fully understood(mainly the way the combat timer calls a swing with the AdvanceSwingState() function). The timer doesn't actually care about the character's swing state at all but the returned state from the function itself. This means a swing can only be called once no matter what in the swing timer code itself meaning the bug probably resides with in the global timer itself(something that isn't completely understood by me) as of now. So the swing timer will still be fixed but the double hit bug may come later depending on what happens. I don't really know for sure. I just know the swing timer has been on the list for awhile now since it was decompiled and expected to go in anytime now. Just because someone brought up the double hit exploit here and small chatter went on about it doesn't incline it was going to happen to begin with. You are only making the usual assumptions based on chit chat like you always do son.
lol another book..

tl;dr

where's my double hit exploit?

Faust

Post by Faust »

LOLOLLOLLOL, don't ask about something if you can't take the time to understand the situation involving it... :roll:

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:LOLOLLOLLOL, don't ask about something if you can't take the time to understand the situation involving it... :roll:
I understand it just fine.

You said in your original post that the new "changes" coming would allow this bug to be re-introduced. I mention using it and insta-killing ppl with it and now it "probably won't be added".

You honestly think being able to read code makes you a god, don't you?