Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

Faust

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by Faust »

Again, just because I said something would happen doesn't mean crap during a simple chit chat about it when someone brought it up... The topic was brought up by someone in here and it was under my impression when first glancing at the code without ever actually testing it that it would in fact be possible. My understanding of the routine was that it was a procedure not a function. This was cleared up by Batlin after I asked him a few days ago about it(would have been easier if I was at home and able to review the actual code itself). The routine was coded at my work place based on Batlin's demo modification project that involves a .dll to make core changes to it. I thought the routine was a procedure instead of a function and the actual hit/miss portion of the code went by the actual mobile's swing state. However, this wasn't the case and the code actually goes by the returned temp value for NewState that is produced by the routine. I noticed the inconsistency after realizing the temp variable was being altered to 0 and never actually calling a state of 3 to take place which means a swing would never take place... This is more complicated than what it's worth to try describing in all honesty. The simple story is that my original interpreation was slightly off and a possible double hit exploit would have been more likely possible in the other version(if a state 3 would have been able to be called).

Btw.. Who said anything about being able to read code makes you god? Do you make these things up in your head when something progresses forward or something?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

lol, man your still writin books..

im just typin up bullshit responses and your breaking down every detail about it.. it's not that serious faust..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Populus

Post by Populus »

Sandro wrote:lol, man your still writin books..

im just typin up bullshit responses and your breaking down every detail about it.. it's not that serious faust..
Just ignore the wall of text, read the last 2 sentences. :|
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

So are people with 25 or 35 dexterity still going to be able to hit you with a halberd every 3 seconds even though the formula states there to be about 5 seconds between each hit, not including the arm delay, when these new PvP changes are implemented?
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Blackbeard wrote:So are people with 25 or 35 dexterity still going to be able to hit you with a halberd every 3 seconds even though the formula states there to be about 5 seconds between each hit, not including the arm delay, when these new PvP changes are implemented?
Keep in mind with 25 dex and cycling the hally correctly you hit every 1.8 CLOCK seconds.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Psilo wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:So are people with 25 or 35 dexterity still going to be able to hit you with a halberd every 3 seconds even though the formula states there to be about 5 seconds between each hit, not including the arm delay, when these new PvP changes are implemented?
Keep in mind with 25 dex and cycling the hally correctly you hit every 1.8 CLOCK seconds.
I guess this is an accurate exploit? I might have to get rid of Parrying and just cycle my halberd.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, the difference is very simple... The equip delay currently only triggers when you have a weapon delay right now. This will be forced anytime you drag/equip a weapon unless you manage to pull off the bug that bypasses it. The entire regular hally delay or whatever weapon you're using will still have to elapse until you can swing. The benefit to utilizing this bug is simply to save a couple seconds on a regular weapon delay that would otherwise restart completely over. The current system holds a swing immediately when those couple seconds elapse that you wait while unarmed.

Current System
Disarm Hally
Wait 2 Seconds
Swing Holds
Arm Hally
Swing

Original System
Disarm Hally
Wait 2 Seconds
Arm Hally(bypasses equip delay)
Wait Rest of Delay for Weapon
Swing <-- Happens no matter what even if not in range.

Pretty simple process.

Just remember that the range check comes after the swing is made though. If you're not in range when the swing is processed it will be wasted and restart the timer process from zero again.

The code allows a swing to take place based on the weapon's delay in ticks that is currently equipped being checked every tick(0.25s) during the timer.

The way the system works right now is based on a date stamp that is attached to the player after swinging until you can swing again.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Original System
Disarm Hally
Wait 2 Seconds
Arm Hally(bypasses equip delay)
Wait Rest of Delay for Weapon
Swing <-- Happens no matter what even if not in range.
By "original system" do you mean the one we're using NOW or the one we're about to be using.

I am confused by "Swing <-- Happens no matter what even if not in range."

I don't exactly get what you mean by that, I mean the hally isn't a bow lol. *confused*

Faust

Post by Faust »

The original swing timer that we'll be using.

The swing in the original code is processed every single time no matter what if you're not with in range of your opponent. Try to think of it this way... Say you have a weapon that takes 10 ticks aka 2.5 seconds for its delay. The timer builds to a counter that starts from 0 until it reaches that count and swings. Well the swing is process no matter what here even you're a 100 screens from anyone or anything... once a swing is processed the timer restarts. Okay, the range check that allows a hit/miss to take place comes after the processed swing. The actual animation of the swing doesn't appear unless you're in range though... This literally means if you're not in range of your opponent when a swing is ready, it will simply restart the timer all over losing out on that swing. Perhaps, the UOR patch that fixed this might clear this up a little too.

"Players using melee weapons in combat will now hold their swing until their target is in range."

This is one of the reasons why archery will be getting a boost after this patch. The 'plant and shoot' feature that is called everytime your character moves keeps the character in state 1 essentially allowing a swing to hold in a held state until you stop and shoot. A player will be able to dodge an arrow(1 second timespan to do it) visually by running out of range though. The funny part is that I remember bringing this up to Zippy back on Divinity in the early days. He said that I was a luney nutjob and that there was no possible way that anyone could ever dodge an arrow by running off screen since it's just an animation... I never did understand how that could be possible myself until now though.

Hope that is more clear!

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Faust wrote:The original swing timer that we'll be using.

The swing in the original code is processed every single time no matter what if you're not with in range of your opponent. Try to think of it this way... Say you have a weapon that takes 10 ticks aka 2.5 seconds for its delay. The timer builds to a counter that starts from 0 until it reaches that count and swings. Well the swing is process no matter what here even you're a 100 screens from anyone or anything... once a swing is processed the timer restarts. Okay, the range check that allows a hit/miss to take place comes after the processed swing. The actual animation of the swing doesn't appear unless you're in range though... This literally means if you're not in range of your opponent when a swing is ready, it will simply restart the timer all over losing out on that swing. Perhaps, the UOR patch that fixed this might clear this up a little too.

"Players using melee weapons in combat will now hold their swing until their target is in range."
What do you mean by Wait Rest of Delay for Weapon?

Would that be waiting for the remaining 3 seconds (assuming a 5 second timer refresh with a hally at 25 dex?).

If you are not in range when your swing is processed, the swing timer is restarted and you must wait another 5 seconds for its delay?

Sounds terrible but we will have to see once the patch is implemented.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, wait the rest of the hally delay if it's a hally.. weapon is just politically correct since it covers all situations besides a hally too.

Why does that sound terrible?

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Faust wrote:Yes, wait the rest of the hally delay if it's a hally.. weapon is just politically correct since it covers all situations besides a hally too.

Why does that sound terrible?
Sorry if I was unclear - I like weapons having the correct swing delay. The part that I think sounds terrible (I may be misunderstanding the mechanics) involves when the timer counts down to zero. It sounds like that if you are not in range of your target you will forfeit your swing (as you are out of range) and will have to wait for the swing timer delay again and *hope* you are in range once it is up again.

With lag/people running around it will be quite difficult to be in range when the swing is processed.

Of course talking about mechanics is different from actually experiencing them so we should reserve judgement until it has been implemented.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Swings holding in a held state is a UOR mechanic.. may sound like crap to some people but it's worth trading the movement restriction in my opinion. This will just add one more element into fights by virtually 'dodging' a swing if you can follow your opponents timer too.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Definitely not worth trading the movement restriction..

By your posts alone there is now like a 33% chance or less to actually hit you opponent. 50% chance 100 vs 100 and now the ability to dodge a swing if you aren't in range the exact moment that it becomes ready.

EVERY match is going to sudden death in tournaments now, I might as well just arm my katana and loop attack last like the rest of the server.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Jack

Post by Jack »

faust backpedals for literally the 80th time: the thread