Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Topics related to Second Age

Do you find the uosa pvp mechanics fun?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 166

Psilo

Re: Do you enjoy the pvp mechanics of uosecondage?

Post by Psilo »

I heard Faust was gay in a faction message!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sandro wrote:faust you don't even play

you joined this shard in 2008 (lol) and have accumulated a total of probably 48 hours of gameplay..
Wow, the staff here(specifically Kaivan) has pvped/played here a total of 0 hours as a player and researched mechanics including pvp.

Does that mean his/their opinion and research mean absolutely nothing since they don't do either of the two?

That sure was a good point son!

Btw, least I didn't get perma banned and beg my way back into the shard, eh. :wink:

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I didn't beg, I started over on new accounts, idiot.

You, are neither staff, nor a player, that is the bad part. You wish you we're staff, but again, you're not. It wouldn't be so bad if you we're getting paid to do nothing but post on the forums and research endless UOHC chat logs & blogs, but again, you're not.

Where's the catch? :(
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust is certainly not always right (then again, no one is) and he certainly isn't half the pvper he claims to be, but I fail to understand where any of you get off knocking him (or myself, or anyone) for putting in his own time to research these things.

Oh, and Faust, I don't "hate your guts"... Or anyone's here for that matter, that would be a waste of energy!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I don't care how Faust wastes his time, that's his own business. I'm not knocking him for it either. I just laugh at it because it's obvious he desires to be part of the "Official T2A Staff Team".

It's not as funny if you weren't here when he made his introduction, and all the nonsense that came along with him from him doing the same stuff on previous shards. He just can't seem to find a home!
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I've seen Faust in-game once at a tournament, but seriously what's to hate about this guy I don't get it lol.

Who cares how good Faust is at pvp, I sure as hell don't. What I do care about what though is his research, talk about "decoding of mechanics" and other stuff we need to hear about.

So far I think pvp is pretty good, how can I complain in such a manner that many are in these threads. It's MUCH better than IPY, UO Redemption, and Divinity(and any other player-run UO shard) put together. The PVP in it's current state, AND after the patch will still be the best. Don't forget, UO pvp isn't the same with the other gazillion mechanics and things in this era that are replicated well and no other server has come close to.

So....pvp is going to be different next patch eh?

Work with it baby! 8)
Last edited by Psilo on Tue May 18, 2010 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

Faust wrote:
Sandro wrote:faust you don't even play

you joined this shard in 2008 (lol) and have accumulated a total of probably 48 hours of gameplay..
Wow, the staff here(specifically Kaivan) has pvped/played here a total of 0 hours as a player and researched mechanics including pvp.

Does that mean his/their opinion and research mean absolutely nothing since they don't do either of the two?

That sure was a good point son!

Btw, least I didn't get perma banned and beg my way back into the shard, eh. :wink:

maybe because the staff members arent allowed to have characters?

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I bet Faust is Derrick.

Finally it makes sense. Derrick was too shy to discuss mechanics with all you hardcore pvpers so his persona Faust was born at the Sweet Dreams Inn. For the first time Derrick would be living a Brittanian experience and after time he learned to cycle the hally so well that many accused him of using a perfected razor script! But Faust shakes off the insults well because his true persona is secret. And Derrick remains the lovable character he has always seemingly been!

There we have it folks.
Last edited by Psilo on Tue May 18, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

axel your sig is boss

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

I've always had my doubts as to the altruistic intents of Faust and Batlin but who am I to argue against them (and Derrick since he's overseeing the entire process) since I don't speak code? I think of it this way...He's opening up the ability for both a tank mage and a dexxer to hit you twice successfully with a halberd with an accurate exploit of the wrestling timer, which gives me a reason to carry around a halberd. Wouldn't this also imply that two successive katana hits are possible? Should be interesting to practice. By the way Faust, I was never explicitly or impliedly accusing you of trying to BS the shard. Please don't interpret my counter-points, however wrong they might be, as so.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

That means I will be able to insta-kill people with weaken + double hally hit (25/vanq)

no spells or potions necessary..

great mechanics there boss

Faust

Post by Faust »

Psilo wrote:I bet Faust is Derrick.
Strange coincidence that him and I both do have the same name. :wink:

Sandro wrote:I didn't beg, I started over on new accounts, idiot.

You, are neither staff, nor a player, that is the bad part. You wish you we're staff, but again, you're not. It wouldn't be so bad if you we're getting paid to do nothing but post on the forums and research endless UOHC chat logs & blogs, but again, you're not.

Where's the catch? :(
I had the chance to be a staff member in the very beginning back in '08. Derrick made it clear that staff members were not allowed to play so I obviously told him to forget about it, and that I would simply work on the side submitting research and or code for the shard.

Actually, I am getting paid to do research for the shard and post on the forums. Sitting right here at my job doing it at this very moment.

I have made my intentions very clear. The only thing that I care about is to play on an accurate t2a shard replica and that this is it.

Your boxed in opinions simply make me laugh though. By your thinking you're suggesting that Batlin is in fact wanting to be a staff member here too. Does this mean everyone like us want to be a staff member or would it actually be the fact that people want to play on a shard that closely resembles the t2a era? Batlin has no intentions to become a staff member here, because he enjoys playing the shard just like everyone else.

Btw, you act as if there is no way to counter a double hit. You won't be able to pull one off but in rare instances in all honesty. :lol:

PS
Blackbeard, Batlin doesn't pvp... It's easy for the pvpers here to make accusations that my intentions are to 'make me better at pvp' since I suck so bad according to them. I can really care less what people think in all honesty. I have the ability to use a script to perfect the current swing timer, and this script will be useless with the new swing timer... :?

However, this does make a lot of sense for why Sandro is fretting so much about all the new information since we all are fully aware of it... :wink:
Last edited by Faust on Tue May 18, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:I have made my intentions very clear. The only thing that I care about is to play on an accurate t2a shard replica and that this is it.
You joined in 2008. How often have you played? How well does your 4000+ forum posts reflect on your in-game time?

You've been using excuses "I want to play a 100% accurate T2A shard" for nearly 2 years now..

:shock:

Faust

Post by Faust »

I logged on Sunday night to tame a couple white wyrms. Played a little bit last night helping out a friend that just started. Are you tracking my play activity by refreshing my MyUOSA paperdoll to see if I'm online non-stop?

To be honest...

Why is my play time any of your concern to begin with?

What do you think it's an insult to tell someone that they don't spend more time on an internet game? :lol:

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

Sandro wrote:axel your sig is boss
ill make you one if you recruit me into your guild :)

or give me a bunch of gold

If its necessary ill have to supply my UO resume ?