Animal Taming 101

Topics related to Second Age
moradin

Animal Taming 101

Post by moradin »

I am new to this shard and wanted to give a little information to you fledgling tamers out there. I am a Veteran Tamer from the Atlantic Shard and just started here at SECONDAGE. I have noticed a couple of things that will make it easier for the community in general. First off I did a search here and found that most of the information about taming is currently outdated. I have seen others post how they gained and wont cover that subject and think the link below is the most thorough on when and what to tame. Ill add to this post as I raise my taming on anything of importance that isn't included in any current posts. Please add your own information and any other topics of relevance you feel should be covered.

when and what to tame:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=976

Common Templates:
Mage Tamer 100 Str 100 Int 25 Dex
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Resist Spells
100 Taming
100 Animal Lore
100 Vet
100 Eval Int

Bard Tamer 100 Str 100 Int 25 Dex

100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Music
100 Taming
100 Animal Lore
100 Vet
100 Peacemaking
** This is a very flexible template as you can drop Vet and use magery or instead of peacemaking use Provocation.

Dex Tamer 100 Str 25 Int 100 Dex

100 Swords/Bows/Fencing/Mace
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Vet
100 Animal Taming
100 Animal Lore
** It will be tough to get around without recall or gate travel in this type of template

A few important notes:
  • 1. Do not bother with trying to tame pre-tamed creatures. It doesnt work how OSI shards did. You will not get any gains.
    2. Change the name of your tames before you release them so the next tamer knows not to try taming.
    3. If possible kill your fresh tame or send it to attack Monster Spawn so that the tame will die and new Tameables will spawn for your next round or other tamers.
    4. Don't forget that now you can use crates to block pathways and keep dragons and other nasty tames away from you while taming(wont stop magic or projectiles). (Could use some more info here as I know not all items work for blocking.)
    5. You need animal lore as well. Its easiest to just macro away at the bank with your own tame beside you. (Can somone verify if you can gm this way?)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Animal Taming 101

Post by Mikel123 »

Not two days ago, I posted a new Taming guide in the Guides forum :-)

I would also strongly advise swapping Wrestling in for Eval Int in the mage template below.

moradin

Post by moradin »

Mikel123 wrote:Not two days ago, I posted a new Taming guide in the Guides forum :-)

I would also strongly advise swapping Wrestling in for Eval Int in the mage template below.

I just read it ... nice.... Ill copy this into your post...

Ebywok

Post by Ebywok »