Interrupt casting!

Topics related to Second Age

Should you be able to interupt casting by equipping?

Yes.
48%
No.
41%
I'm bad.
11%

Total votes: 27

youre bad

Interrupt casting!

Post by youre bad »

I think pvp on this server is really slow and clumsy due to the fact that you can't equip a weapon to interrupt a spell. I played t2a but I don't even remember if this is the way it was. From what I've seen this server isn't strictly t2a but allows some minor changes to increase playability, and I think this needs to be changed to encourage better competition in pvp.

Thanks!

Jack

Re: Interrupt casting!

Post by Jack »

yes

Axel231

Post by Axel231 »

i totally agree with thos poll and voted yes

i also think that we should decrease the delay between casting spells or get rid of it..

i dueled yesterday on my mage and i thought pvp was slow

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

So for those of you voting no please leave a reason or I will assume you meant to choose "I'm bad".

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Please make this change.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

I definetely vote yes. But

I have brought this up before and got shot down hard. I Brought up the thought of restricting certain "gameplay" options that razor has. To put back some integrity and give a true t2a feel back to the game. I feel that these options just dumb down the gameplay especially in pvp.

options - Auto unequip hands both for when you start casting and release a spell and when you drink a potion you can auto unequip hands.

IMPORTANT to know, people confuse this part.
If you got rid of these options it doesnt mean you'd have to phsysically drag your wep on and off but. You would have to press your wep toggle macro button before you started casting, and when you wanted to release the spell. Technically there wasnt even a toggle macro back then you had to have seperate unequip and requip macros but I think toggle is a good compromise?

people will vote no just for the reason that it makes it easier for them to play. Integrity to era gameplay won't even come into play. Most of the no people would also like razor to do everything for them with the push of a single button including wipe their ass :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I appreciate the poll, but this is an accuracy issue. I'm not saying I'm certain that what we have is 100% accurate, but changing system to make PvP more challenging for that sole reason is not something we'll consider, unless it can be shown that this was the way it worked in era.

Luminarie

Post by Luminarie »

I remember it being this way and when it was not. So long ago idk when it changed.
Anyways, documentation would be nice :D
Luminarie

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Do you have stairs in your house? :!:

platy

Post by platy »

ima go for no on this..
yes it would speed pvp up, but no i dont feel its accurate: too much like the Div system, i like having subtle differences between PVP systems..
We don't have fizzing with equips, in compromise we have no disruptions.. whcih is how it was in t2a: if you tried to equip or change clothes to disrupt a spell in t2a, the game wouldn't allow it: if you tried to take on and off a sash real quick while casting it would just drop into your backpack.
sry for not supporting this, however, I DO like self-disrupts.. just feel there's not enough give and take here to keep it accurate..

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i voted no, this is more accurate. AND it makes this shard different from div and all those other shards, if i wanted to play div style pvp id log into div.
so for me, accuracy and being unique and "different" gets my vote.
UOSA ftw.

haha^^platy beating me to my post u lil fucker

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

self disrupt = trapped pouch
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

youre horrible
Banned

Post by youre horrible »

so making pvp clunky to recreate lag we all had back on osi is the way to go, thx staff

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

I actually misunderstood the poll question and should have voted no. I dont want to hijack this thread but this tells how it was.
I will explain how it was during T2A era as listed ...

If you try and cast a spell with a weapon equiped you will not cast and get a message your hands must be free to do this or to cast this spell. So in turn you have to press your weapon toggle macro to unequip yourself then you could start casting. You could then press your toggle weapon macro to requip your weapon after the spell had finished casting (cursor is up)

Now as for the 2nd part. You have precasted your spell, your target cursor is up and now have your weapon equiped. Before you release the spell (target the person meant to be hit by the spell) you must press your toggle weapon macro to unequip your weapon. Then target or hit your last target macro etc. If you did not press your toggle weapon macro to unequip yourself before targeting or pressing your last target macro to release the spell, the spell would fizzle.

This is how it was on osi until it was taken out by the powers to be 3 months before UOR came out and to be era specific it makes perfect sense to have it the way it was during t2a. It adds more to gameplay and what it really took to pvp during t2a. There is a lot more room for error in a fight and catching people slipping up happens alot more.

What some people will remember about "precast" was when it was reinstated to the osi shards long after UOR came out it was brought back to how it is now here (auto unequiping hands when casting, releasing spells)

I do not have any documentation on how precasting was during t2a but anyone who played back then knows how it really was :P
But I did find the uo update for when it was reinstated.

http://update.uo.com/design_346.html

Aug 20 2001 2:34AM CST
"Pre-casting" has been re-enabled as follows:
You cannot equip anything while you are casting.
After you cast a spell, it will "time out" after 30 seconds and can no longer target anything. During those 30 seconds, you can now equip a weapon, attack with it without ruining your stored spell. When you release the spell, you will automatically unwield your weapon.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

I think you're getting two things confused.

A. You shouldn't automatically unequip your weapon when dropping a spell on a target. Instead if you target the spell while equipped, it should fizzle (needs to be changed)
B. You should be able to interrupt yourself mid-cast by equipping (also should be changed but it seems there is evidence that this is inaccurate, which I have yet to see)