Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
Lonebob

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by Lonebob »

Voltron wrote:
Lonebob wrote:
Voltron wrote:Lonewolf, was it you or some one else in QK that was banned for dropping the "N" bomb and had the house inside of the Jhelom farms?
That would be the retard Greywolf, not Lonewolf.
Oh, haha.
Well my brothers and I are the ones who got him banned.

My brother was TAZ and the other one was Jocko, we used to have battles against QK every day at Jhelom Farms.

haha nice! So Cloud and Remo are your brothers, or you are Cloud or Remo? And Remo later became MaSaCrE or something like that. AssWhopper(later changed to Whopper by GMs) was/is my best friend in real life, he hung with Cloud and Remo way more than I did. I was never really "in" QK. I was buddies with lots of them but normally was in one of the big warring guilds. lol I remember when you and your brothers got in a big fight with QK at the farms. It was Taz and Shroom Boy having a verbal battle if memory serves. I tried to mediate that altercation but gave up and watched yall fight. From that point on you all warred like crazy. I fought yall here and there(mostly Taz) but I was not on one side or the other. I killed Greywolf of QK quite a bit, I hate that guy.
Last edited by Lonebob on Fri May 07, 2010 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

HI IM MIKE wrote:i played gl from launch to 2000 or so. jenova in vj and fs! - there's a nice size gl population here. see you around.
Wow I forgot I was in VJ when Bane was running it.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Voltron wrote:My brother Jocko and TAZ are now playing again :D
I think I have TAZ's old house spot near the second farm on Jhelom north island. We have like 5 small houses there. Was Jocko Cloud's second toon?

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonebob wrote:
Voltron wrote:
Lonebob wrote:
Voltron wrote:Lonewolf, was it you or some one else in QK that was banned for dropping the "N" bomb and had the house inside of the Jhelom farms?
That would be the retard Greywolf, not Lonewolf.
Oh, haha.
Well my brothers and I are the ones who got him banned.

My brother was TAZ and the other one was Jocko, we used to have battles against QK every day at Jhelom Farms.

haha nice! So Cloud and Remo are your brothers, or you are Cloud or Remo? And Remo later became MaSaCrE or something like that. AssWhopper(later changed to Whopper by GMs) was/is my best friend in real life, he hung with Cloud and Remo way more than I did. I was never really "in" QK. I was buddies with lots of them but normally was in one of the big warring guilds. lol I remember when you and your brothers got in a big fight with QK at the farms. It was Taz and Shroom Boy having a verbal battle if memory serves. I tried to mediate that altercation but gave up and watched yall fight. From that point on you all warred like crazy. I fought yall here and there(mostly Taz) but I was not on one side or the other. I killed Greywolf of QK quite a bit, I hate that guy.

Cloud is Jocko who is my oldest brother.
TAZ is the middle brother who also had Lemke, Holata, Zebo & Tanco.
I was the youngest, I acutally started TAZ but my brother took over. Later moved onto Sakuraba(my mage) Gimp Melee (my meddie) and Kahana (my tamer)

Remo/Massacre is my cousin, haven't talked to him about getting him playing but maybe I could.

Talk to Whopper and get his ass back here!
Also if you can get a hold of any QK you should do that.... I want to bring back the old days of Jhelom wars :D

Anywho, if you need any help let me know..

P.S. Decided to respond here instead of here and the PM
Also, do you remember Vik? That dude was by far the best pvper ever.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

That's funny, I remember Cloud telling me that there were two different brothers who played TAZ. I also remember Vik but have no clue where he went or might be. The only QK I talk to now is Kain. I really didn't know most of QK, I knew 6 or so core members.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonebob wrote:That's funny, I remember Cloud telling me that there were two different brothers who played TAZ. I also remember Vik but have no clue where he went or might be. The only QK I talk to now is Kain. I really didn't know most of QK, I knew 6 or so core members.
Vik I think just up and quit way back when but I wish there was a way to find him, he was a beast.

I remember Kain! You should talk to him and get him back here.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

I tried to get people to come back months ago and the only people I got were my brother and my buddy Jimmy(Candy Angel/shadowolf). Everyone else is waiting for the new WoW expansion and Old Republic. But honestly after PvPing in WoW I see why they aren't interested in returning. I feel that UO PvP is kinda PvP lite. I know UO at this period is balanced(because everyone basically the same) but its just not as exciting for me as it used to be. I still get on here and there but when I duel it just ends up being a waiting game, waiting for one of use to run out of regs or pots. PvP Arena in WoW was the most difficult gaming challenge I have faced to date. I wish UO still felt that way.

That being said I still like to login and play here and there but as far as logging in daily, it just probably won't happen.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonebob wrote:I tried to get people to come back months ago and the only people I got were my brother and my buddy Jimmy(Candy Angel/shadowolf). Everyone else is waiting for the new WoW expansion and Old Republic. But honestly after PvPing in WoW I see why they aren't interested in returning. I feel that UO PvP is kinda PvP lite. I know UO at this period is balanced(because everyone basically the same) but its just not as exciting for me as it used to be. I still get on here and there but when I duel it just ends up being a waiting game, waiting for one of use to run out of regs or pots. PvP Arena in WoW was the most difficult gaming challenge I have faced to date. I wish UO still felt that way.

That being said I still like to login and play here and there but as far as logging in daily, it just probably won't happen.

Wow, really?
I can't stand the WoW PVP... It is all the same and the builds are the exact same. All it comes down to is who has put in the most time for the best gear.
The pvp on WoW was too easy and boring for myself :/

I find the UO PvP more rewarding as you actually get loot out of it and it doesn't take time equal to a full time job.
To each their own though.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Voltron wrote:
Lonebob wrote:I tried to get people to come back months ago and the only people I got were my brother and my buddy Jimmy(Candy Angel/shadowolf). Everyone else is waiting for the new WoW expansion and Old Republic. But honestly after PvPing in WoW I see why they aren't interested in returning. I feel that UO PvP is kinda PvP lite. I know UO at this period is balanced(because everyone basically the same) but its just not as exciting for me as it used to be. I still get on here and there but when I duel it just ends up being a waiting game, waiting for one of use to run out of regs or pots. PvP Arena in WoW was the most difficult gaming challenge I have faced to date. I wish UO still felt that way.

Wow, really?
I can't stand the WoW PVP... It is all the same and the builds are the exact same. All it comes down to is who has put in the most time for the best gear.
The pvp on WoW was too easy and boring for myself :/

I find the UO PvP more rewarding as you actually get loot out of it and it doesn't take time equal to a full time job.
To each their own though.
The loot part is one of the aspects of UO pvp I loved. But on this server everyone is rich so half the time I don't even bother to loot. I miss playing UO when stuff mattered.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

DemonArkanis wrote:I played GL since day 1.

I was:

Demon Arkanis
Asmodeus
Acid Rain
Sheeba the 7x alchy/poisoner(One of the few people with blessed vanq)

HAY!!! I WAS ASMODEUS ON GL TOO!!! lol that's funny

Characters were Ausmodeus (different spelling, named after that n64 end boss in "Mace the dark age") I was in the noobie guild SOS (Seekers of Sosoria) run by the legend noobie master "Sedrick"

Also I was Rose, my furst PK :P.

I remember the PK BigGunz and BigGunzII. and I remember bone walling.. that's about it lol.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i remember Vik, guy wore a leather cap even though it killed med. Fashion was important :o

ony of the only guys who could ride a horse without bein all froze all the time
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

BlackFoot wrote:i remember Vik, guy wore a leather cap even though it killed med. Fashion was important :o

ony of the only guys who could ride a horse without bein all froze all the time
Hahaha, and he was from Europe... England I believe.
Dude was an animal.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Voltron wrote: The pvp on WoW was too easy and boring for myself :/
Then you are better than me. After passing the 2k arena rating everything got extremely difficult for me. Battle grounds were always easy.

Whopper told me to tell Cloud he said hi.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonebob wrote:
Voltron wrote: The pvp on WoW was too easy and boring for myself :/
Then you are better than me. After passing the 2k arena rating everything got extremely difficult for me. Battle grounds were always easy.

Whopper told me to tell Cloud he said hi.

Haha will do!
Seriously though, convince him to come back :D

Atomik

Post by Atomik »

Hey everyone. I played AleXi and STARdance on Gl. It's great to see so many familiar names in this post and for my all old friends, guildmates, and anyone who would like to reconnect please msg me. Look forward to playing with you all.