Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
Sezneg

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by Sezneg »

GragDash of URK, with a few minor throw away alts in BC.
Also, my good friend is looking over my shoulder was Venom (after he was given the Lady Venom Account), and PKd as Archmage, Ishido and who knows how many other characters.

We both played on GL from 1998-2003

Silk

Post by Silk »

Was it Venom from Dread days in GoD or the guy who played Venom after?

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Venom/Archmage taught me how to PvP. Was in GoD. Chris I think? From Florida? He was good at fighting until I got cable, then he never wanted to duel again. :)

Named one of my chars Archmage after him on another shard.....

Pasty white guy his friend would say. Also made a stone PKU, PK university....
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Halygon

Post by Halygon »

Jeezus it's been a while..

I played on GL from 98-02. My chars were:

Halygon
Vanon
Sir Rufus
Spidrax
Claudia (hey had to use up the female armor somehow)

I typically hung out with Walmart Employer, Elric, and Catelyn at east Brit bank. I don't even remember what guild ( if anyone knows hook me up) I was in but it was chaos( gotta love the old order/chaos action).

I didn't play for a good 10 years or do but then I played hybrid for a year (KBR for the win) and now I'm playing uo forever with Slappy mchappy.

Reading this thread I definitely recognize a ton of old school names and remover all of that dial-up pvp action!

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Halygon wrote:
I typically hung out with Walmart Employer, Elric, and Catelyn at east Brit bank. I don't even remember what guild ( if anyone knows hook me up) I was in but it was chaos( gotta love the old order/chaos action).
Deadly Intentions (D-I)? or M-N?

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

I was on GL during those times as Sarake, Xynosis, and Styrin. I shared an account with my brothers, they had one character each.

I was only in a self made guild which only me and two real life buddies were in.

I am not worth remembering as I was a perma newb who got pked often... lol

I didn't know how to pvp at all.

I had a reagent vendor selling reg packs of 50 that I bought off of another vendor. I sold them well despite my vendor house being in a shotty location.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

farnk

Post by farnk »

Onslaught- wrote:
Halygon wrote:
Mystic Nomadz!

My brother (Icon) was in both of those guilds back in the day.

Halygon

Post by Halygon »

Onslaught- wrote:
Halygon wrote:
Did either of those guilds wear orange as the guild color? I know we always rolled pretty deep with at least 8-15 guys at a time and we were chaos.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Halygon wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:
Halygon wrote:
Did either of those guilds wear orange as the guild color? I know we always rolled pretty deep with at least 8-15 guys at a time and we were chaos.
Not that I remember.

Sezneg

Post by Sezneg »

Silk wrote:Was it Venom from Dread days in GoD or the guy who played Venom after?
He was given the account by the original, though I do believe he was in GoD which is how he met the original venom. His first account was banned.

Quite a few names I remember on this thread.

Silk

Post by Silk »

I'd like to chat with him about his early days on UO and the Lady Venom account if he wants to, "Silkbert" on steam if he has an account.

Andry

Post by Andry »

Bumping this thread, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I played Ash (one of many on the server I know) mainly, but had a dexxer named Miyon, and a crafter named Bob. I usually just hung out with guildies.

I was in GoE back in 98, took a year off and joined SRK when I came back. Was around for the QK split and then joined CAD toward the end of my playing days.

Hung out mainly with ICESTORM, Mojo, Tuffguy, Lancelot, Norn, Ozzo, Cherry, Denorah, Sharpe, Diaz.

Garillo

Post by Garillo »

Necro thread!

I played on GL from server birth until 2000. Was in LcN and early BC, characters were Teepo(thief), Renegade(dexer), Coal(Smith/Mule), Ny'Stul(mage), and some other randoms. Ran around mostly with Miner or Peon Pvping, spent a lot of time in Bucs. Rp'd sometimes with Ahntarra and Stefan. Was 14 at the time, and how it has flown.

Tried returning to OSI about 3 years ago, game was whack but found a handful of old players like Xavier Kane, Homer, and Bodi. Stuck around for about 8 months then bounced. Just started playing here 39 days ago and am liking it so far. Have a family and full time career now, so I'm pretty casual. Hoping to get back into PvP and find a guild eventually.
The dice are always loaded and the cards are always stacked. Let's not play the game any other way.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Welcome back.
I was Catskills but still welcome back!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

jewelstorm

Post by jewelstorm »

To the board OP, I remember you Lonewolf, we were good friends.

I moved to UO with Sunrunner Kin from Never winter Nights on aol when UO first came out. We bought our Castle with the old gold/boat dupe bug when crossing server lines. You had 3 houses on Jelome farm and we used to all duel in that farm, along with Tax and my RL friend lancelot. You had some good skills, but nobody beat Lord Vic.

Anyhow, I personally played for maybe a decade? I remember recalling some places and my computer being to slow to catch up and waking up to a death screen, I was in multiple guiilds, hunted pks with QK, and was top of the boards with my own secret pk PASSIONN , we were in factions, and I even ran ABK (Army of Bloodkin) who had its hight for a little bit. As a duo warring, lancelot and I could not be stopped, I remember when we had the Sin wars while we were in SRK and they took over our castle. I remember banning a gm from my house.

I was in SRK, ABK, B*C, FS, and CPT before they disbanded. We were mostly in Jelome, but man the wars was were it was at, and the double life of a goodie character as well as a secret pk.

Anyhow, I was :

SRK Jewel Storm
Passion
PASSIONN (PK)

I mostly ran with srk/bc, and lancelot and I are still good freinds.

I can barely remember names but I remember you Andry, Lonewolf , Taz, Shakazulu, Sir Bart, ho chi

Edit... I got to add in the fun of musician/provacation and teamspeak/warring. I could not carry all the gold from hunting balrons, and warring on teamspeak we would have scouts and run into 2-5 enemy guildies, and would have 10 + allies ganging them in seconds. It was such a rush.