there a Catskills shard thread?

Topics related to Second Age
vintirex

Re: there a Catskills shard thread?

Post by vintirex »

used to have so much fun @ moonglow cats :)

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

madmardagan wrote:Man.... we all have to be too old for video games by now, but we all still around playing!

Madmardagan from Catskills here. I played Jan 98 to Sept 01 when DAOC came out. Was mainly in TB after that Trammel disaster was put in.

See some familiar names around here. Some not here but mentioned in posts.

Whats going on here?
I remember you!

UOSA is a pretty fun server, recreates old school UO fairly well.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

madmardagan

Post by madmardagan »

yea.. i remember you and D. Been getting back in touch with alot of the old crew.. UDL.. talked with Ser Brightblade the other day. Some XH guys.

Was great times back then...

Freight Elevator

Not sure if you ever visited the XH forums but it is up and running again. Not a lot of activity but you might find some old names there as well. There was actually a lot of people milling around on some free servers I've tried over the last 2 or so years.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

blister

Post by blister »

Any XH are playing UOSA right now?

I have the XH guild stone in my tower so if Demonic, Dant, Bob(whore) gets on I'd be interested to talk with them :)

Freight Elevator

Dantrag and Bob were around about 2 years ago on Revelation but they didn't follow any other servers as far as I know. Same with Demonic, but he still checks the XH website occasionally. I really don't think any of the original guys are active on UO anymore.

madmardagan

Post by madmardagan »

XH boards seem dead..

Seems like alot of the guys from cats are here, Darkfall, or GW2.. or not playing anything

Birdman

Post by Birdman »

so many familiar names.. one that ive yet to see mentioned was Pasha Pook, anybody remember that guy? i remember people/him claiming he was the first 7x ever. I ran around with childish names such as Doink, Yoinks, amongst many others... owned a glow house that was not the closest but one of those 10 seconds from the bank

madmardagan

Post by madmardagan »

I remember Pasha Pook. I had forgotten the name, but he was one of those thieves who could actually hold his own in pvp if he was attacked.

I remember you too.. Doink/Yoink..thought they were seperate people though lol. Didnt you usually wear a yellow robe?

Here is a name for you.. wonder what happened to Bengay

Micajah

Post by Micajah »

Hello all. I started out on Cats about 6 months in and joined a guild called HDA-Holy Disciples of Ammeron. Some awesome players in that guild Porthos is the main one I remember. Our guild home was at the end of the big peninsula between Britain and Cove. We had a white wyrm trapped in the bottom floor of the tower and I can remember walking down towards the tower and hearing the roar.
The guild fell apart and Porthos left the game leaving the tower to me. My mains were Micajah(Swordsman), Mozz Hexor(My favorite, Bard), Rill Swiftarrow(Tamer) and Hojo Ironfist(Smith). I also had five houses including a small on the outskirts of Occlo basically in town and a prime small on the east side of ice isle at the mouth of the big mining cave. Hojo made me rich working the Brit smithy.
Found one of the VvV guys leaving the game and bought his account that had Jofa(PVP Mage), MinerVvV(Smith), Sandman(Assassin), Spetnaz(Poisoner).
After HDA folded I formed HOS-Scarlet Order of Hospitallers. Played well into trammel days, left and came back a few times. I was angry about Trammel from the beginning but kept playing anyway.
I have been playing here for about 2.5 months now and it is fun doing it all over again. Thank God we have DSL now and not dial up. My mother in law would call us about 5 times a night disconnecting me in the middle of Destard. Good times!

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Micajah wrote:Hello all. I started out on Cats about 6 months in and joined a guild called HDA-Holy Disciples of Ammeron. Some awesome players in that guild Porthos is the main one I remember. Our guild home was at the end of the big peninsula between Britain and Cove. We had a white wyrm trapped in the bottom floor of the tower and I can remember walking down towards the tower and hearing the roar.
The guild fell apart and Porthos left the game leaving the tower to me. My mains were Micajah(Swordsman), Mozz Hexor(My favorite, Bard), Rill Swiftarrow(Tamer) and Hojo Ironfist(Smith). I also had five houses including a small on the outskirts of Occlo basically in town and a prime small on the east side of ice isle at the mouth of the big mining cave. Hojo made me rich working the Brit smithy.
Found one of the VvV guys leaving the game and bought his account that had Jofa(PVP Mage), MinerVvV(Smith), Sandman(Assassin), Spetnaz(Poisoner).
After HDA folded I formed HOS-Scarlet Order of Hospitallers. Played well into trammel days, left and came back a few times. I was angry about Trammel from the beginning but kept playing anyway.
I have been playing here for about 2.5 months now and it is fun doing it all over again. Thank God we have DSL now and not dial up. My mother in law would call us about 5 times a night disconnecting me in the middle of Destard. Good times!
welcome to server dudes

its a great uo time machine

madmardagan

Post by madmardagan »

hey malice.. I emailed you but I do not think my emails are going through.. yea im the original madmardagan..

Whats up? been awhile. I been talking with alot of old UDL lately. What have you been up to?

If my email did not go through, toss me a way to contact you and I can email you that way

T r a g e d y CATS

Post by T r a g e d y CATS »

Was looking around at UO stuff and wanted to live the old days

I was on cats like 97 up till AOS started then i quit
I was Malik ( in minoc in the K!L guild ), GrAnDmAsTa TaMeR and then Shawn, then finished up with T r a g e d y, that was my good char i was in that Senate guild with Hurricane Rona and those guys, i remember Underwater Ape, and Fuddrucker, and Enema, CoW guys were awesome, funny to hear names like Cutter, and RAMON, Cyrus the virus was another, Madmardigan i remember too, i had a dexer named Havoc too, cant really rmemeber my other ones...

T r a g e d y CATS

Post by T r a g e d y CATS »

Wow the draxarum, i was in that too...jesus, i forget if thats before <S> or whatever, then there was Eazy E's guild, I'd fight with Doc Holiday a lot too and Shurik

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

ROMEO/Ezekial/The Dragon here. From birth of the shard until sometime in the early 2000's (If anyone knows Alexis, Berg'yion (Sp), Kemo Khan, or Slade would love to talk to them.)
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger