New player: This is way more brutal than OSI T2A

Topics related to Second Age
Oswald

Re: New player: This is way more brutal than OSI T2A

Post by Oswald »

Yeah unfortunately multi clienting is a bit of a pandora's box isn't it. I enjoy having my multiple characters that I can macro up at the same time but in reality I'd rather play on a server without it from the getgo.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I've said it in other threads: If you need money Lumberjack and make bows. That plus another in-guard area resource method easily funded my 2 story and my mage development.

Just like in UO 10 years ago... If I'm going to a dungeon, i'm going to make money fast and be prepared to recall out as soon as I see a red. And hiding is mandatory.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Noob question:Can we have characters from the same account on at the same time? I keep hearing mutli client here a lot and dont know if its just different accounts.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Dorn

Post by Dorn »

tenduil wrote:I've said it in other threads: If you need money Lumberjack and make bows. That plus another in-guard area resource method easily funded my 2 story and my mage development.

Just like in UO 10 years ago... If I'm going to a dungeon, i'm going to make money fast and be prepared to recall out as soon as I see a red. And hiding is mandatory.
I guess this is what I'm getting at...

Is it worth investing long term into this shard if that's the existence we have to look forward to? Hanging out with blues in town, but the second we step out, those same blues switch to their reds and murder you.

I'm just hoping we'll get some sort of resistance or counter PK movement going to make it worthwhile.

I'm curious what shard veterans have to say about their time investment here.... I'm either gonna get serious with it or go try Fallen Earth.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Oswald wrote:Yeah unfortunately multi clienting is a bit of a pandora's box isn't it. I enjoy having my multiple characters that I can macro up at the same time but in reality I'd rather play on a server without it from the getgo.
+1. I would like it if it cut down on PKers but now I have to condense alot of skills/characters.

Smelly Ira
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Smelly Ira »

Karik Verlee wrote:Noob question:Can we have characters from the same account on at the same time? I keep hearing mutli client here a lot and dont know if its just different accounts.
You can have three different accounts (I believe) logged in to UOSA simultaneously.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Yeah but don't be a jackass with 3 accounts and 10 houses. It's not like you can't create a real variety of characters with 5 slots.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Dorn wrote:
tenduil wrote:I've said it in other threads: If you need money Lumberjack and make bows. That plus another in-guard area resource method easily funded my 2 story and my mage development.

I guess this is what I'm getting at...

Is it worth investing long term into this shard if that's the existence we have to look forward to? Hanging out with blues in town, but the second we step out, those same blues switch to their reds and murder you.

I'm just hoping we'll get some sort of resistance or counter PK movement going to make it worthwhile.

I'm curious what shard veterans have to say about their time investment here.... I'm either gonna get serious with it or go try Fallen Earth.

Stick with it. I don't think its that bad or any worse than UO when I played on catskills. I'm still working on my characters which is why I'll recall out if I see a red. I'm willing to work with you and create a anti-pk movement or something if your interested in that.
UO was and is what you make of it. It can be a solo game but it can also can 'pay out' if you socialize, be part of a guild, and participate.

Personally I've come and gone from uo about 4 times... gone to shadowbane, then WoW, then to just FPS's .... and everytime I realize UO just fits what I like. Can you get PKed anywhere outside of town regardless of their 'color', faction, guild, your status? Yes. Can you turn around and do that to other players, just PK's or ignore it all and RP? Yes.

You can not expect to goto Wrong, farm earth elementals and not expect somebody to come along and say 'gee I bet that guy has been here long enough to have a nice chunk of gold on him. I could farm like him or just kill him, take the one murder count and save myself the time of farming...'
Thats UO. Its on YOUR part to play 'safe', farm smarter, or work as a team with other players.

Again if you want to work on making a anti-pk group I would be interested to discuss it.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Just scanned through this thread.

First, even though this IS the most accurate,greatest etc etc T2A shard, we have to stop comparing it to OSI. That was way too many years ago and way to many things have changed in-game as well as real life to expect that UOSA will ever be exactly like it felt on OSI over a decade ago.

With that being said, this shard is in no way harder for a new player to get established. With all the knowledge and guides available right here, you have everything you need to be up and running in a few days. Also, take it upon yourself to get into IRC, there are alot of good people that will lend a helping hand as long as it's not just a lazy request for a handout.

The PK situation here really isn't that bad. You just have to accept that with the most popular spawns comes the most competition, and the most risk. I recently started playing again after few month break. The servers population has grown by +150 online avg clients since I left. Spawns that I used to be able to farm frequently are now constantly camped, and there are more PKs, which is nothing but a good thing for the shard.

As for the anti-PK movement. It may not be huge, but it's better than when I left. Just the other night I was farming, when all a sudden I see this PK run through a dungeon teleporter, so I get ready to bolt when all a sudden 3 blues from the PKK (assuming that means Player Killer Killers?)guild come rushing through right on his tail. It was great to see the tables turned like that for a change.

Anyways enough of my yakkin. Just keep your head up. Find a group of guys you enjoy playing with. It makes UO soooo much better when you have a tight knit group to run with.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Lazarus wrote:+1. I would like it if it cut down on PKers but now I have to condense alot of skills/characters.
you are thinking of it incorrectly... you could still have your 3 accounts, you just cannot have them logged in at the same time.. its something like 1 connection per IP or mac address.

Horvik

Post by Horvik »

I am a bit confused, cause in Nujelm graveyard 2 PKK members tried to help out 2 pks that they scouted for last night. They all failed quite badly.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

There isn't an anti guild because pks don't stay anywhere. They hide in their houses until their ghost tells them there's a target fighting a monster. They then gate in and gank and then recall out asap.

You would have to be insanely patient to be a anti pk on this server. It's easy to be a pk. Get a group, find a target, leap. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be an anti and sit there waiting for hours for the next pk rotation of a dungeon. Boring.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I disagree. Here is my thought(pure thought, I dont know anyone good enough to trust and good enough to fight a good pk) have one person at a farm point farming. Have others waiting hidden. Sometimes it takes literally 45 seconds until a red shows up.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I actually got some good hunting in last few nights

Had to recall from PK pairs but it was no where as bad as Sunday.

I'm thinking it comes down to, Sunday was Easter - my first real dungeon day, all the PKs had the day off and were just hunting all over the place together.

Recalling a lot is essential - anytime I get near 2,000 gold I bank it. I find if I wait beyond that, I'll be pushing my luck.

Still, it's a shame there's more reds than blues in dungeons.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Dorn wrote: Still, it's a shame there's more reds than blues in dungeons.
Blues farm monsters, Reds farm blues.

Monsters<Blues<Reds.

So shall it forever be.