Something to consider about this game

Topics related to Second Age
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Something to consider about this game

Post by Mens Rea »

I want to be able to trap my treasure chests with positive potions.

I want people to be surpised by opening a box and being healed, cured, agilitied, strengthened, nightsighted or refreshed.

This idea is about as authentic as the current swing timer setup, so it's not too much of a stretch to fit in- is it?

Faust

Re: Something to consider about this game

Post by Faust »

The swing timer will be fixed soon.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Mens Rea wrote:I want to be able to trap my treasure chests with positive potions.

I want people to be surpised by opening a box and being healed, cured, agilitied, strengthened, nightsighted or refreshed.

This idea is about as authentic as the current swing timer setup, so it's not too much of a stretch to fit in- is it?
Answer your pm
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Delerium

Post by Delerium »

Faust wrote:The swing timer will be fixed soon.
I'm new here could someone please explain the problem with the swing timer and what's happening to fix it? Cheers.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I think it resets on an arm/disarm. Meaning a tank mage with only 25 would be swinging the hally immediately after disarm/rearm. I think its going to be going to the archery timer. Is this correct?

Delerium

Post by Delerium »

Does this mean at the moment heavy x bows don't reset like hallies do when you take them off? And when hally timers get changed to archer timers, archer mages would be as effective as hally mages cos they would be on the sAme timer with probably the same damage?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Delerium wrote:Does this mean at the moment heavy x bows don't reset like hallies do when you take them off? And when hally timers get changed to archer timers, archer mages would be as effective as hally mages cos they would be on the sAme timer with probably the same damage?
From what I understand this is correct. Actually I think a heavy does more damage than the hally. I think I saw this in some test Matron did.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Delerium wrote:Does this mean at the moment heavy x bows don't reset like hallies do when you take them off? And when hally timers get changed to archer timers, archer mages would be as effective as hally mages cos they would be on the sAme timer with probably the same damage?
no, archery will still be a rubbish tank mage skill because of the arm delay. hally will not have that arm delay, the way the swing timer works will just be changed

currently the moment you disarm your hally, your wrestle timer starts counting from 0. once your wrestle timer has elapsed (and you can punch), you can arm your halberd and swing. this means any weapon that takes longer to cycle than the wrestle timer can be abused (and why hally is the be-all-end-all weapon to use).

the timer is going to be changed somehow, they won't refresh exactly in this way. archery however is cycled differently, i don't believe you can use the wrestle timer to reset it... PLUS has an arm delay
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Currently, you can arm and insta-hit with an archery weapon.

You just have to wait the entire duration of the weapon's swing timer to fire again.

Delerium

Post by Delerium »

Dam so one vote for arm delay, one for insta... :/ have to test it out When I make an archer in game I guess.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

See me for bulk arrows.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The original swing timer has many differences compared to the current timer. There is no simple answer to describe the entire scope of the timer unless you understand how to code. Here are some known features for both the current and original OSI timer.
  • Current Timer
  • Moving pauses the timer for melee weapons.
  • Weapon will hold in a held state once a delay elapses for a swing to take place.
  • Ranged weapons apply the damage delay at the end of the weapon's delay.
  • The equip delay(resets your current weapon delay when equipping a weapon) only triggers when a swing isn't available.
  • The unequip delay(resets your current weapon delay when disarming a weapon) always triggers even when a swing is available.
  • Original Timer
  • Moving does not pause the timer.
  • Weapon will not hold in a held state once a delay elapses for a swing to take place.
  • Ranged weapons apply the damage delay during the weapon's delay(the last 1 second of the delay). These type of weapons in other words will add an extra second in between firing shots compared to the current timer.
  • The equip delay(resets your current weapon delay when equipping a weapon) triggers when a weapon is equipped.
  • The unequip delay(resets your current weapon delay when disarming a weapon) does not exist. However, please see the next item on the list.
  • Dragging a weapon resets your weapon delay.
These are the known common features between the two different timers. There is a lot of 'coding' stuff that is completely different but this is something that the majority of most players would not understand.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Positive potions traps == NEA

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Mens Rea wrote:I want to be able to trap my treasure chests with positive potions.

Isn't Agiliating someone else illegal in some states?

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Faust wrote:The swing timer will be fixed soon.
I keep hearing this but I'm starting to think that it's not going to happen :( The fixes look fairly sound though. Only downside is it'll make archery practically worthless with the extended timer.