Something to consider about this game

Topics related to Second Age
Psilo

Re: Something to consider about this game

Post by Psilo »

Faust Wrote:
6. If your timing was right, and often it was, you would get two swings in very quick succession.
A second swing would be possible if you're in range with a minimum of 1 second in between swings.
I see. So basically after this fix we should be able to kill runners and do double hits. Next to that since we won't have the silly hally cycle resetting like we do have now people will be forced to use their mana more wisely because they won't be getting free damage by just spamming. In order to do significant damage in REAL t2a, you had to cast a combo, and if they didn't die you had to follow up with interupts or whatever you had up your sleeve. The spells in t2a have delays and it works to your advantage if you know how to time it.

Lots of people are complaining because they are so used to Divinity and IPY's watered down pvp system where every spell was insta damage and you didn't have to do much to get a good hally hit, then spam harm/katana like a dexer. It's cheesy.

I'd rather chase GM resist people around who are spamming era-accurate mini/gheals and deal with runners than ever play IPY/Divinity style pvp again.

It can be difficult to kill some runners, but it's not impossible.
Just have some patience, Divinity's crappy pvp has babied you too much.

I find it hilarious how the people who complain about not being able to kill runners or beat certain strats/suprises are the same people who only log on during(Or Mostly play) CTF/ tournaments. :x

Blah....

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Faust wrote:If you were to use paralyze and use a hally it would be a little different.

1. Paralyze
2. Equip hally and tab out of combat.
3. Wait 5 seconds(or whatever your hally delay is).
4. Run up or stand next to your target it doesn't matter. Standing back just saves you from getting beat on during the process.
5. First swing, tab out immediately(0.25s window of opportunity), re-attack.
6. Second swing.

This can be countered if your opponent gets out of range though.
Just so I am clear... this is how it could potentially work on this shard with the proposed changes?

This is different from the days when you could actually "prime/pre-load" the insta hit before you re-attacked.

1. Paralyze (from a distance, for ease of this analogy)
2. Equip hally
3. Tab
4. Unequip hally
5. Wait 5 seconds(or whatever your hally delay is).
6. Attacklast (easiest way to explain this, could also say double click on enemy in war mode)
7. Move into range of the target
8. 2 swings in quick succession are carried out

P.S - I'm not saying it should be implemented, you should nerf it. BUT what I am saying is that if the system is made to reflect the original then this process should be able to be followed if it wasn't nerfed.

P.P.S - I agree with you in regard to people running alongside you hitting you with katanas on other shards is shit. There must be a damn .avi of some old UO duels somewhere!!! There's that one stupid one on YouTube named 1999, but there was no snow-hair during those days so it is a fake...

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

This second swing can be countered if your opponent gets out of range though.
Haha, all ghouls touch hallies including ruin/might just became worth more in the arms market!

chadt3a

Post by chadt3a »

Psilo wrote:Faust Wrote:
6. If your timing was right, and often it was, you would get two swings in very quick succession.
A second swing would be possible if you're in range with a minimum of 1 second in between swings.
I see. So basically after this fix we should be able to kill runners and do double hits. Next to that since we won't have the silly hally cycle resetting like we do have now people will be forced to use their mana more wisely because they won't be getting free damage by just spamming. In order to do significant damage in REAL t2a, you had to cast a combo, and if they didn't die you had to follow up with interupts or whatever you had up your sleeve. The spells in t2a have delays and it works to your advantage if you know how to time it.

Lots of people are complaining because they are so used to Divinity and IPY's watered down pvp system where every spell was insta damage and you didn't have to do much to get a good hally hit, then spam harm/katana like a dexer. It's cheesy.

I'd rather chase GM resist people around who are spamming era-accurate mini/gheals and deal with runners than ever play IPY/Divinity style pvp again.

It can be difficult to kill some runners, but it's not impossible.
Just have some patience, Divinity's crappy pvp has babied you too much.

I find it hilarious how the people who complain about not being able to kill runners or beat certain strats/suprises are the same people who only log on during(Or Mostly play) CTF/ tournaments. :x

Blah....

If you seriously died to harm/kat spam on divinity you just aren't any good. Divinity's pvp blows UOSA out of the water, its just too bad Ryan is a homo.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mens Rosa,

Well it definitely looks possible when analyzing the code.
1. Paralyze (from a distance, for ease of this analogy)
2. Equip hally
3. Tab
4. Unequip hally
5. Wait 5 seconds(or whatever your hally delay is).
6. Attacklast (easiest way to explain this, could also say double click on enemy in war mode)
7. Move into range of the target
8. 2 swings in quick succession are carried out
#8 would require you to tab out after the first swing to prevent the timer from resetting on the next tick and re-attack to allow the routine that alters the swing counter and states to do its work for the next swing.

PS
Divinity discussion... The pvp sucked and the shard is dead. Let it rest in peace. It died long before Ryan was in chage and he will just put the final nail in the coffin just like with Rebirth.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

If you seriously died to harm/kat spam on divinity you just aren't any good. Divinity's pvp blows UOSA out of the water, its just too bad Ryan is a homo.
Not true at all, it was decent for a finisher especially in a boxed-in tournament area.

And I was probably the best solo field pvper/solo pk on Divinity....lol. So no I didn't suck at all. I fought people 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 all day long. Teleport was really overpowered on Divinity, but that's because Divinity has crappy spell mechanics that never existed in ANY OSI period.

I can't believe I didn't join UOSA way sooner.....

chadt3a

Post by chadt3a »

Lol. Char name on divinity plz?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Faust wrote: 8. 2 swings in quick succession are carried out
#8 would require you to tab out after the first swing to prevent the timer from resetting on the next tick and re-attack to allow the routine that alters the swing counter and states to do its work for the next swing.
[/quote]

Steps 1-8 are how it was in 1999-2000.

PS - Faust, I'm Mens Rea, not Mens Rosa... Or is that some high-browed stab at me that I don't understand? ;P

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oops, my bad... Did my quote manually and didn't realize the name, sorry.

I could be wrong about the entire analysis of the code for double hitting. It's just small talk from glancing at it without any real debugging to verify any of it. I just don't see how you could get two consecutive hits without tabbing and reverting the timer since the code is pretty straight forward.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

I don't see how this should be allowed at all? This is a huge exploit (one everyone can utilize but still retarded) like the Z Axis nonsense. How is that just because the bug existed in era that it's OK not to remove it? Maybe they hadn't figured out how to do so or took note of it during the time frame?
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Bugs that existed in era that don't harm the economy or the security of the playerbase are justified here. These bugs help create a more accurate replication and would create a huge inconsistency if they did not exist. The goal is accuracy, not further development into something that never existed. There are many other bugs implemented on this server that existed back in the day. The 'all follow me' mount stamina is just one of the many out there. The double hit exploit can be countered in every possible way rather it's simply moving out of range or popping pouches when you're frozen.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Faust wrote:These bugs help create a more accurate replication and would create a huge inconsistency if they did not exist.
Fair enough I guess.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

chadt3a wrote:Sad how they do absolutely nothing to make the pvp better, this server could easily have 1000+ clients online if they would make decent changes and not this crap.

So basically if you don't hit someone at the perfect time you have to wait another 5 seconds to hit them again? You are taking an already crappy pvp system and making it crappier. Good job.
Welcome to era accurate hally fightin......good job fellas you're headin in the right direction with your era accurate melee mechanics regardless of what other people are saying. The reason they're saying it is because they don't want to lose the "edge" that the era inaccurate hally recycling gave them.Tank fights were about who was best with spell combos/interrupt/mana management and a well timed hally finisher, not who can machinegun hally hits the best.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm still quite shocked that more people didn't jump the wagon on this one to my amazement. The current system was griped about so much(especially weapon cycling) when the arm/disarm delay and correct speed adjustment to wrestling was implemented, one would have to assume the new changes would have people jumping for joy. This is even the Divinity type of people that don't care about accuracy. The original swing timer elapses while on the move similar to the RunUO distro package shards such as Div.

The only difference between the two are the swings not holding in a held state due to the range check that wasn't implemented until UOR. A good key reason why insta hit during the UOR never resembled the real deal even when you discard some of those bad UOR mechanics that didn't exist in t2a. There are other differences obviously such as a much better developed timer process instead of that generic date based system built into the distro packages of RunUO.

People will now have the ability to chase after someone and hit them on the run. The current system requires you to stop and wait for the timer to finish until a weapon holds in a held state. A hally won't be able to machine gun every 2 seconds. Players will eventually start playing less defensive(era accurate) due to lesser dps taking place with the hallys. Trying to pull of 'weapon cycling' with the new timer will take a huge amount of skill compared to the current process. Also, the double hit exploit appears to be possible.

The server is just making one huge inconsistent inaccuracy, accurate. People will hate it at first but they will get used to it when they realize it's not as bad as they are thinking it will be. Don't judge a book by its cover.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Right On, let's get back to era accuracy shall we. It's a good start if it gets implemented.