Still cranking!

Topics related to Second Age
LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Still cranking!

Post by LargePiece »

Haven't visited T2a in a while. Good to see things are still moving along. If old NZ broadband ever gets faster (it's meant to this year) I might see if my account still exists. Keep up the good work Derrick! You're awesome.
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Still cranking!

Post by nightshark »

LargePiece wrote:Haven't visited T2a in a while. Good to see things are still moving along. If old NZ broadband ever gets faster (it's meant to this year) I might see if my account still exists. Keep up the good work Derrick! You're awesome.
hey i'm a kiwi too. i'm pinging about 270 avg on Xtra (living in north auckland), xnet pings an average 230. i will be switching to xnet for sure when I move, their global gateway is a lot better.

I'm not entirely the pings are going to get faster with the revamp coming up.. i think we're just going to have less problems with bandwidth traffic. I can't imagine they will improve much, if at all. it's just a distance thing (to server).

but seriously, 270 is pretty playable and 230 is definitely playable
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Hey! Nice to see another kiwi on. There was another kiwi around when I played a few years back too. I definitley found T2A playable on the whole, it's just when it comes down to PVP, where you need to time things down to the second (with heals and timed lightening bolts and so forth) I found it difficult.

Xnet's pings were around 230 for me too. Sometimes a bit worse during peak times. :) Anyways, I'll reinstall UO again this weekend and see how it goes. Might start with something relaxing... like fishing.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

LargePiece wrote:Hey! Nice to see another kiwi on. There was another kiwi around when I played a few years back too. I definitley found T2A playable on the whole, it's just when it comes down to PVP, where you need to time things down to the second (with heals and timed lightening bolts and so forth) I found it difficult.

Xnet's pings were around 230 for me too. Sometimes a bit worse during peak times. :) Anyways, I'll reinstall UO again this weekend and see how it goes. Might start with something relaxing... like fishing.
hit me up, though i don't usually get online until about 10pm. nightshark in irc. pings have been quite bad the past few days in peak times. have talked to a few kiwis and aussies about getting an oceania guild going, just never actually got around to doing anything :)

i usually just farm or t-hunt but i enjoy most aspects of the game. have considered starting up PKing but it kinda sucks solo when your ping isnt terrific and everyone can just run/recall (and there's barely anyone to fight in our timezone)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Nice. I'll keep an eye out. Will most likely be on tomorrow night.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great to hear from you old friend :D

Seems like it's been at least a year or more.

Welcome Back!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Delerium

Post by Delerium »

I'm in Aus and its completely playable... I keep up fine.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Hi Derrick. It's great to be back. It was actually listening to the old UO music at work that got me thinking about it again, lol! I've got some of the old midis, versions of the old midis recorded on a nice soundcard and some of the newer versions too. There's some great tracks I haven't heard in-game too, guess I didn't even hit the right triggers. The Ultima VII tracks are priceless! :)

I see there's a single installer now for T2A too. I'd just gone to dig up my old ones and remembered the crazy patching process and hey, hey, it's just gotten easier. Nice. :)

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Oh dear. Looks like my mage has disappeared from my account. I'm fairly sure I didn't delete him. :(

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Crikey! Turns out I have three accounts. What a greedy bastard! Lol. Now, if only I can remember what I was doing with them all...

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i remember you good sir! i hope you come back and stick around, if i remember correctly you were the first one to kill deacon while he was on a PK rampage. welcome back man

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Thanks Drizitz.

Ah yes. That was exciting stuff. Even guys with high pings get lucky sometimes! I think he might have been up around 40 something kills at that stage. :)

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Christchurch represental...

I just made a comeback as well lol.

I ping 250-285.

I wish it were just a little bit better, but it's not too bad.

Sui Juris is out owning newbs.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Sweeeeeeet. We'll have to look at getting a build together. We can advertise our high pings for all to see! Come fight us! We can't react in particularly good time. Lol.

Edgeucated

Post by Edgeucated »

I'm in the Whitsundays, Australia and I don't know about my ping but I play through a little wireless USB modem and it's completely playable for me, gets a little jumpy if I'm running on a horse but I tend to stick to the legs anyway so no biggy.