TB's town add ons. Why are they even around?

Topics related to Second Age
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: TB's town add ons. Why are they even around?

Post by Roser »

Karik Verlee wrote:It kinda makes sense for "pirates" to inherit an old village that is abandoned, maybe instead of paying start up costs they SHOULD have to pay maintenance to keep it up and running. I think that little dock area works pretty well for pirates too.
this ^^

Harr!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Turtle bay is done for, I have a character in the guild, the stone is not in a house anymore and nobody plays. I don't think anyone should be magically inhereting addons from guilds that paid for them (supposedly).

Eulogy

Re: TOWN ADD-ONS. WHY ARE THEY EVEN AROUND..?

Post by Eulogy »

I've asked for the TB add-ons to be deleted a long time ago.
I've always thought that it was lame for one guild to "inherit" someone elses pixel crack. Sup mYm?

Attaching house add-ons to houses is a ridiculous idea. You think it would be better to refresh the freakin add-ons with a double click? Give me a break..

I really expected TB to become a good example of what should happen in this situation.. .. ..

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Can someone put up a screen shot of what everyone is talking about. I'm sorry, I just don't know where this is.

I am familiar with what town addons are, but people talking about the addons decaying? and someone else using them?

I've heard "Turtle Bay" somewhere before, but idk what or where it is.

Again, i apologize for my ignorance, but i just kinda keep to myself in my little secluded corner of the world.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Arcott Ramathorn

Re: TOWN ADD-ONS. WHY ARE THEY EVEN AROUND..?

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Eulogy wrote:Attaching house add-ons to houses is a ridiculous idea. You think it would be better to refresh the freakin add-ons with a double click? Give me a break..
No-one said anything about house addons being up kept simply by double clicking anything. The idea would be, simply, to attach it to a house so if the guild goes away and the house falls, Derrick would not have to go and sweep up the ruins and listen to the endless rants on the forums about how people have been telling him what to do and for how long.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

So I guess get rid of the museum add-ons? Since everyone is against add-ons. Get rid of the URK fort, they are not active right now. Is all this controversy because MyM and cA want add-ons?

I think add-ons are bullshit to begin with but I don't think they are going to be removed.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Boondock_Saint wrote:So I guess get rid of the museum add-ons? Since everyone is against add-ons. Get rid of the URK fort, they are not active right now. Is all this controversy because MyM and cA want add-ons?

I think add-ons are bullshit to begin with but I don't think they are going to be removed.
There were add-ons in era. Most of the controversy about them isn't their mere existence, but rather:

1. The number of them.
2. The specific nature of some of them.
3. The continued existence of some of them beyond the retirement of their owners (e.g., TB, El Cartel, and so on)

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

From my perspective, it's really just like going on any other shard. Seeing the "vets" with this really nice rares and other things of that nature. Only to find out you can't get them because the admin stopped doing things like that. But it's something we have to live with on this shard, which I don't mind because it is such a great shard.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you can get them
500 points per
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Boondock_Saint wrote:From my perspective, it's really just like going on any other shard. Seeing the "vets" with this really nice rares and other things of that nature. Only to find out you can't get them because the admin stopped doing things like that. But it's something we have to live with on this shard, which I don't mind because it is such a great shard.
Translation: "OMG CORRUPT STAFF WTF but this is a great shard."

I think we need a second campaign to end INTERNET INJUSTICE!

But, seriously, unsubstantiated charges of staff corruption are ridiculous. No one can seriously think these things are being given out only to staff "favorites," nor can anyone maintain that these things are not being given out to this day.

I'm always amazed out how quickly people throw out charges of staff corruption on this shard and on any shard without any evidence at all and when staff does all this for free. I think you, Boondock Saint, owe staff an apology.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I'm not sure how you came up with that translation. Maybe you used the "OMG THIS GUY WANTS TO DESTROY THE SHARD" translation feature on google.

When did I say staff corruption? I'm just saying the add-ons were there before newer players got there. I never claimed this shard has corrupt staff. Hey Chumbucket, I got you a gift.
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
I understand where you are coming from, being that cA is asking for add-ons. I'm not asking for anything, I never have. This whole thread is just about people bitching that they don't have what others do. Even if it's an inactive guild such as TB (whoever that is). All the people in here are doing is complaining about how they wish they had the better house spot so that they could use the add-ons left by a decaying guild site.

I always wondered how $$$ or other guilds got their cool little areas. I don't think any guild here has really added to the gameplay. Even the elitist guilds, or they so claim to be.

Once again.. I never staff corruption or anything like that, no matter how the words get twisted.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I'm not sure how you came up with that translation. Maybe you used the "OMG THIS GUY WANTS TO DESTROY THE SHARD" translation feature on google.

When did I say staff corruption? I'm just saying the add-ons were there before newer players got there. I never claimed this shard has corrupt staff. Hey Chumbucket, I got you a gift.
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
I understand where you are coming from, being that cA is asking for add-ons. I'm not asking for anything, I never have. This whole thread is just about people bitching that they don't have what others do. Even if it's an inactive guild such as TB (whoever that is). All the people in here are doing is complaining about how they wish they had the better house spot so that they could use the add-ons left by a decaying guild site.

I always wondered how $$$ or other guilds got their cool little areas. I don't think any guild here has really added to the gameplay. Even the elitist guilds, or they so claim to be.

Once again.. I never staff corruption or anything like that, no matter how the words get twisted.
You're right. I misread what you said. Sorry. I heard it as they give vets things, and then no one else can have them, whereas what you're saying is that there used to be systems for giving things that no longer exist. Sorry again. Though I should say that at least the town add on thing is still active and open to anyone provided they can justify it.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I dont really care if this gets deleted or not... one thing is for sure.

PoD IS GONNA HOLD PVP TOURNYS ON THE OLD TB ARENA DOCKS STARTING NEXT WEEK AFTER THE QUEST FOR BOOTY EVENT

So ya... enjoy, its for you.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

This is the second time I have brought up a discussion on town add ons, and I dont think we have heard from big D.

I made a poll about KA's town add ons several months back with a similar discussion?

So Derrick, what do you think man?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

And that be the truth! We shall stain the docks with blood once more! har har har

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service