Double hits have Killed this shard

Topics related to Second Age
D.V

Double hits have Killed this shard

Post by D.V »

I have played uo for about 7 years, I have never heard of a double hit and if it is era accurate then theres a massive problum here, As this happens far to often

1v1 fights are no longer fun as every time u die its from a double hit, somethimes thats all it takes no spells needed, just run up tunk tunk dead, if thats the way people like pvp i will eat my hat

D.V has just recently started playing this server againg as we all had a wee brake of uo

Im actually wishing i never started playing againg as i get so pissed of wirth lame Double Hit kills and Blue dexxers that kill u in 2 hits Well 3 hits including the double hit they get EVERY TIME

I JUST HOPE THIS GETS FIXED AS ITS A JOKE

JimmyTheDriver

Re: Double hits have Killed this shard

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

Are you sure it's this bad?

I am not great by any means, but am pretty active and enjoy some daily PVP.

Anyway.... having been around PVPing every day since the patch, as well as having watched the recent pvp tourneys, 1v1/2v2, the double hit is not that common. First off, you can pretty much tell when someone is trying to get it. Second, they have to time it properly, AND both of their swings need to hit. I have seen it a few times in actual battle, and died to it once.... but it's not as common as you are making it out to be.

And... "blue dexxers" are not that strong. If anything, dex is harder now.

Practice a bit on test and you two DV dudes will be just fine.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Double-hits left UO productions shards before you began, DV.

People like to rant when they die, Jimmy. If he died to purple potions a couple times in a row, he'd be complaining about the overpowered purple potions.

That said, they definitely do appear to be landing far more often than I remember as well. Unfortunately, I don't know why this might be or have any suggestions on how to fix it, so I've kept my mouth shut about it thus far.

Jester

Post by Jester »

I agree with Jimmy. I don't think it as bad as you describe. Sure it's freakin' deadly if both hits land, but that's part of the game and just a new reason to adapt.

And I for one sure remember double hits, I remember vividly how a Leeter guy than me taught me how it worked back in the day :)

Not that I remember exactly how to do it now tho :P

JimmyTheDriver

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

Someone around here posted a video of some oldschool PVPer in a 3v1 who landed a double hit on two of his opponents. I am sure this guy was pretty nasty with his timing, but it does show that it is accurate.

Off topic - I don't understand why people are so scared to die around here. Especially on a tank mage. It takes like 2-2.5k and 10 mins to fully restock hally, regs, runes, pouches, some pots, food, etc. Folks don't want to duel at the risk of losing items, or blame game mechanics when they aren't leet. So is the goal to walk around fully stocked, only to not use it?

People literally freak out when they die. Spurting out profanity and threatening to quit.... just nuts. Then... they fester for a day or two and justify their actions, and do it all over again the next time they die.

Back to DV - just practice a bit man, you will find the PVP on this shard isn't that bad.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

You might find more sympathetic ears without the chicken little stuff about killing the shard. Instead I find myself hoping that you remain frustrated and enraged.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

If you died from double hally hit by a mage then you need to work on your pvp skills.

It's not easy to double hit on a mage unless you STAND THERE and let your opponent do it.

D.V

Post by D.V »

I might be a bit harsh on saying it has killed the shard.

I still think pvp should be skill based instead its based on luck.

And we have been practicing our pvp, But we dont try to use the double hit as we all think it is a pretty poor add on to the game, We still have not and will not learn this.

Im not "bitching" as i do not mind being killed.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You don't actually have to stand still to execute a double hit..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

1v1 takes long enough as it is with the double hally hit. How many times do we see 1v1's go into sudden death? Far too often I think. 1v1 is just a stalemate these days. I mostly blame being able to heal through poison.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I don't think pvp is stalemate at all. Nearly everytime I fight someone on the field they are running screens away or they face death. It's very possible to kill people instantly but it's going to take time for people to leanr this.

The pvp mechanics are still new to most people, I don't see people using the current tank mage to their full power. I see far too much hally spamming and harms and not enough t2a spells. That's the problem with pvpers right now. Learn to use strategy, timing and "fakers" to kill someone.

I don't think the people who quit put much of a dent in the population at all, so it's their loss only. I still find so many fights and it's nice to see new faces. The mechanics are great, instant hit is too easy for dexers but that's another issue.

Field pvp is fine, fights always end. Tourneys are another story...*snore*

Our pvp population could always be bigger and that's why we advertise at other forums of sandbox/pvp-centric MMORPGS coming out.

Example:
http://www.dawntide.net/community/topic/1004720

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Psilo wrote:If you died from double hally hit by a mage then you need to work on your pvp skills.

It's not easy to double hit on a mage unless you STAND THERE and let your opponent do it.
i actually sparked this post from him after i double hit/ebolted him on my stat last night. i guess he doesnt get how double hit works on a mage, yea it's easily avoidable. i'd suggest the op learn how to do it, it will make avoiding it easier.

unfortunately though, i've heard of people making uncounterable double hit macros ;/
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Jeez, thanks for killing the shard nightshark!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Do double-hits work on the demo...

D.V

Post by D.V »

There are actually 4 Double Visions playing on this shard at the moment and there will be more soon

IT WASNT ME THAT U KILLED