New and wants to know why here?

Topics related to Second Age
Willis

New and wants to know why here?

Post by Willis »

Hello to everybody who reads this. Iam totally new and I tend to blab and make long ass txt that hurts your eyes to try to read. But Iam totally new here. I am currently looking for new shard (looks like this 1 is at the top of my list) I just started back in UO after some years. So I forgot a lot of crap about uo. I like to craft and have fun pvp. Now my question is why does this shard do so good/look so good on the internet top voting sites? What is it that has people here/staying? I know many shards build and start up good but then all eventually go down after some time. People get tired of ganks and what not/traps. And some just get tired of it. So why does this client stay so high? Whats so good about this place? Also I was wondering when I make an account in game do I have to use razor or anything else to log in with? I hate razor.

Maahes

Re: New and wants to know why here?

Post by Maahes »

The simple answer to your post is log in and come find out for yourself :)
I'm sure you'll find your fun in no time and enjoy it here.

You don't need razor to play. If you download our client installer there is an unencrypted launcher that you can use. The launcher (client_noenc.exe in the main Ultima Online folder) is pre-set with our IP and port so just double click and log in.

Welcome to UOSA!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Best shard ever regardless of play style.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Because I play here.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

The mechanics are great.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

UOSA is the best player-run server because our mechanics are accurate and fun, economy is good, no giveaways, great staff, diverse player-base that isn't seen in other shards.

Kelthius

Post by Kelthius »

I like it because it actually feels like an accomplishment when you do something... All the other shards just give everything to you. Here, you have to work.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Stable rules
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Zong

Post by Zong »

Although you better learn to like razor... better learn to love it

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

I don't get all the hate for Razor anyway. A lot of it's worse than UOAssist, but a lot of it's not as bad as UOExtreme or the other one I used on OSI. It's a handy tool that takes most of the grind out of the game, and setting up 'behavior patterns' for your characters isn't too boring. I have one for almost all my routine actions in the game and use it heavily while mining, and I don't really miss manually dragging regs out of my green bag or setting lasttarget on a mountain tile for the umpteenth time.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Old and asking why not?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

hi syntax <3
Smoke weed everyday!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

This shard's greatness is twofold:

According to the opinions of our player base (I concede I am inferring this), T2A was the best era of UO, before OSI/EA/OompaLoompas ruined the game;

The dedication and vision of the staff to faithfully replicate that era, particularly the ethicality associated with this devotion to era-accuracy.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as I do.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Sadistica

Post by Sadistica »

I like how there is no freebies, everything you get, you have to work for............. AND NO stupid neon purple/fusia/fire orange weird items all over the place :D

I really like the era accuracy, but on the other hand I do miss the variety in pvp scribe mages, nox mages, healer mages, lumberjacks, etc...

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Haart-Napa wrote:hi syntax <3
HAIL FRIEND.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'