Razor Question-Restock Agents

Topics related to Second Age
Edie Brickell

Razor Question-Restock Agents

Post by Edie Brickell »

I'm trying to raise magery using restock to grab regs from bank and then cast, repeat....you know the drill. OSmethign I struggle with is the restock agent. I've got it set to cast lightning and I have ash.root on the agent, but when it cycles through it only takes one reg, cycles through, miscasts (missing reg) then cycles back again, grabs the missing reg, and casts...so essentially I'm going through full accasting cycles for one cast. Any idea how to get the agent to grab both regs in one swing or do I have to put one reg each in two different agents ot get this to perform properly?

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Question-Restock Agents

Post by wgensel »

I had a similar problem for some reason. I just made two agents, problem solved.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Is your object delay set to 1000+, and also how long of a pause do you have after the restocking began. another thing you might try is having it restock more than 1 reg (ie have it restock up to 3 or 4)
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

What I have always done is just have it hit use the restock agent twice when macroing magery. It'll work like this:

Restock Agent-1 (Root)
Pause for .5 sec (Make this whatever suits you best, I find .5 works best for me)
Restock Agent-1 (Ash)

The first time it uses the restock agent it will grab Root, the second time it'll grab Ash. Might be more efficient ways to do it but this way takes only 1s.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

fox_phyre wrote:Is your object delay set to 1000+, and also how long of a pause do you have after the restocking began. another thing you might try is having it restock more than 1 reg (ie have it restock up to 3 or 4)

Probably this, my delay is 900 and sometimes gives me issues, but I'm too lazy to normally change it.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I had that same problem... the restock agent would take one reagent or the other, but usually never both. I tried having 1 for each reagent, that also wasn't foolproof for me. So I ended making the quantity 5 to grab for each and that worked out great for me. That way I never ran out even if the agent skipped it, it never skipped the same one 5x in a row, and nothing major that it would be any loss if I got killed at the bank (which of course happens sooner or later).

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

fox_phyre wrote:Is your object delay set to 1000+
I bet a small house deed this is the issue.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Arkon wrote:What I have always done is just have it hit use the restock agent twice when macroing magery. It'll work like this:

Restock Agent-1 (Root)
Pause for .5 sec (Make this whatever suits you best, I find .5 works best for me)
Restock Agent-1 (Ash)

The first time it uses the restock agent it will grab Root, the second time it'll grab Ash. Might be more efficient ways to do it but this way takes only 1s.
It actually still takes longer than 1s because there is a 1s action delay on the server. so you grab the root and the next action might be queued up, but it still takes a 1s delay..

foolproof way for restock agents, pause 1s for each item you are restocking.. if you have 5 regs being restocked, pause 5s before your next action.. very rarely will there be a problem.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Dagon wrote:
Arkon wrote:What I have always done is just have it hit use the restock agent twice when macroing magery. It'll work like this:

Restock Agent-1 (Root)
Restock Agent-1 (Ash)

It actually still takes longer than 1s because there is a 1s action delay on the server. so you grab the root and the next action might be queued up, but it still takes a 1s delay..

foolproof way for restock agents, pause 1s for each item you are restocking.. if you have 5 regs being restocked, pause 5s before your next action.. very rarely will there be a problem.

Hmm you sure about that? 'Cause I'm currently doing this on a new toon and it's not taking more than 1s to add 1 of each silk and ash for FS using the same restock agent, just running it twice with a .5s delay between each.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

it's really your imagination. server has the action delay. no way for razor to get around that. it can do things faster than you can by hand, and can queue the actions, but there is still the -server- action delay. but either way, it works for you and you're happy with it, so........

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I was having the same problem, looked it up on the forums.

I set my object delay to 1000 and problems are gone.
Catskills 97-99

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Eastwood wrote:I was having the same problem, looked it up on the forums.

I set my object delay to 1000 and problems are gone.
Yes remember to change your object delay to 1000 as i believe it is by default 600. Nice!