Swing on the run

Topics related to Second Age
iamreallysquall

Swing on the run

Post by iamreallysquall »

so apparently swing on the run was patched in yesterday for both dexers and tank mages was this a accidentally thing like when we had 0 object delay for like two years? or is this going to stay ? not complaining just currious
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Swing on the run

Post by tekai »

Well i dont see a patch note.
[broken image]

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Best change in a while, many people have already come back to play and I'm sure many more will as word gets around.

I hope it's not reverted back to the old way, if it is all the people who came back are going to quit again.
Last edited by Psilo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Is this for real? I haven't tested it yet cuz I am powergaining all my lil men that need it but....you can hit while actually moving now? No more having to trap someone in a corner or constantly trying to "cut them off" and get in front of their path of movement?

If so...cool. I think it is a good change even though I usually play a mage guy.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

It's good for warriors AND mages.

Now warrior aren't useless and now mages are less painful to play as well. People with low ping will do better with this change too. It has something to do with run/stopping a lot causing desync.

iamreallysquall

"It has something to do with run/stopping a lot causing desync." i have like 20 30 ms ping or so sometimes higher and well i desynced alot yesterday this is also a huge annoyance for people with higher ping and i am not sure how i feel about this connection advantage now definitely can swing on the run and move before someone else does

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

iamreallysquall wrote:"It has something to do with run/stopping a lot causing desync." i have like 20 30 ms ping or so sometimes higher and well i desynced alot yesterday this is also a huge annoyance for people with higher ping and i am not sure how i feel about this connection advantage now definitely can swing on the run and move before someone else does
Someone please translate this to English, I cant tell what the hell he is trying to say.

Swing on the run is an excellent feature. I am very happy to see it implemented.

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

How is this any different for people with poor connections?? They already had trouble catching up to hit someone, which was made worse by the fact that they had to stop to restart their swing timer. Tank mages can still do the horse-trot around dexers to avoid getting hit (due to teleporting), so nothing has changed there. I'm also not desyncing anymore than normal...
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

iamreallysquall

i am saying i noticed how i was desyncing a lot more and heard of a lot more people having desync issues yesterday.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I talked with Derrick about this briefly today and there have been no intentional changes to combat. If anything has changed, we should expect that it will return to normal soon.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Kaivan wrote:I talked with Derrick about this briefly today and there have been no intentional changes to combat. If anything has changed, we should expect that it will return to normal soon.
This affected the server's pvp community in a positive manner, please don't revert it back or people are going to quit again and we're back to square one.

There was quite a bit of action last night and early in the day, we shouldn't take that all away by bringing this back in.
Last edited by Psilo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Psilo wrote:
Kaivan wrote:I talked with Derrick about this briefly today and there have been no intentional changes to combat. If anything has changed, we should expect that it will return to normal soon.
This happened to save the server, please don't revert it back or people are going to quit again and we're back to square one.

No pvp population, no one playing dexers, everyone just playing tournies.

There was quite a bit of action last night and early in the day, do you want to take all that away?
Unfortunately, the issue, as always, is the accuracy of the system.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Kaivan wrote:
Psilo wrote:
This happened to save the server, please don't revert it back or people are going to quit again and we're back to square one.

No pvp population, no one playing dexers, everyone just playing tournies.

There was quite a bit of action last night and early in the day, do you want to take all that away?
Unfortunately, the issue, as always, is the accuracy of the system.
there are some things that may not 100% proven era accurate but a huge misstake by staff back on osi.
why on mother earth should derrick change it back when there is clearly 10x more action on the server since SOTR happend?

i used my dexer the first time after 1 1/2 years and had fun playing him, its also way more fun to play a mage now and a good balance between ppl with laag and ppl with good con.

if you rechange this, ull do nothing but hurt the community with a hardcore asskick.

also gj lelouche your mom would be proud of you
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Sick change! Dexxing actually feels right now.

iamreallysquall

? why is everyone so mad i asked a simple question if a change that had gone in place was intended or not, are you suggesting that i should say nothing and let said change happen with 0 patch notes ? sounds like bunch of people that don't report mistakes / exploits and bugs if i didn't post this someone else would of and consider the majority of you dislike me i figured oh i don't really care either way but i am not going to waste my time adjusting to changes and adjusting my templates for said changes with 0 patch notes and no guarantee they are staying in.
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.