Event gate interferences.

Topics related to Second Age
goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event gate interferences.

Post by goldendog »

I made the mistake of leaving Trammel in the first place, from now on I will just log out there.

Fede

Post by Fede »

goldendog wrote:I made the mistake of leaving Trammel in the first place, from now on I will just log out there.
That's exactly what I did. I have 1 character in each event room.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Pacifico wrote:Its pretty messed up that people are actually making it difficult for people to go to automated events in green acres to get silver

Come on... I thought it was bad enough that I have to run a screen from Brit Bank but now there's some risk to events? Screw that if I wanted that I'd play an era accurate T2A shard
Shocking isn't it! Actually taking a risk to get their trammel! How dare they!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Technically speaking they are not 'blocking' the gate...they are actually providing another gate for you. Just precast recall before you go into any gate and you will be fine.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Fede wrote:
goldendog wrote:I made the mistake of leaving Trammel in the first place, from now on I will just log out there.
That's exactly what I did. I have 1 character in each event room.
lol, why not just stay on test? you shouldn't be allowed to log out in the event area or idle.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

In trammel a person may organize their bank in complete safety.

He can sit down at that table, have dinner and then go purchase some reagents from the mage vendor without fear! He has 0 worry and even his emotions are suppressed while in that phoney place.

It's Trammelicious indeed.

Fede

Post by Fede »

iamreallysquall wrote:lol, why not just stay on test? you shouldn't be allowed to log out in the event area or idle.
Cry more newbie.

All I do on this shard is participate in the events.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Fede wrote:Fortunately it was Ledouche's gate and I was able to recall out with no problem. However, if Mens Rea performed the same action I would have died.
1) Lol

2) I would not carry out such a cowardly moongate

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

iamreallysquall wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:event gates aka trammel gates should not exist anyway its rather lame that people engaged in combat in town can flea right into a event and be totally safe. Event gates for tourneys 2 out of 3 of the locations already have sign up npcs for the event and i vote another be added at the brit location and the option to "spectate" be added and the gates them selfs be removed. Ctf / survival /monster bash gates i vote that all town bank gates for these type events be removed and the town crier or another npc that spawns in the location of the gate be used to sign up. Bag ball event is in the real world and are fine.
on and btw they are quite a few ways to stop this with out staff intervention none of you have even tried.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Fede

Post by Fede »

Just so you losers know, after I won the most recent event, I logged out in the tourny room.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Telamon wrote:Kain attempted to run several events that were griefed so extensively by Mens Rea
This is absolute trip Telamon - get your facts straight before you start spouting out nonsense.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Events in trammel green acres are not era accurate and I am for anything that goes against them. Events being griefed was era accurate, much more so than the trammel events.

If it walks like trammel, quacks like trammel.......it's trammel.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I think too much credit is being given to griefer anyway. I'm not sure specifically what Telamon is talking about but I know, in regards to my auction event, a lot of people happily stepped forward and claimed they 'griefed it out of existence', but it was far from true.

It ended because most of the items sold and because the few bidders I was getting were just people whose sole purpose in bidding was to support the auction. Not to mention it was waaaay more work (for me) than it was worth. Too much difficulty in tracking and handling other peoples items. Hell, I still have some items/gold that people haven't picked up O_o

My point is, its easy to claim griefers are the reason there aren't more events but often times its just that the host didn't realize how much work it was and/or doesn't have the time to keep going.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

player killers interfere with my gameplay/dungeon farming, should they be ridden?
no....

there shouldn't be ANY safe zones in uo.
it seems pretty carebear there's a safe zone where people can make silver.
the playerbase is limited enough, we don't need lazy mode farming.
most of the people complaining are rich in game, and could afford to die
every day. oh but boo hoo, we need to be greedy and hoard items! :(

use your mega pk brains to come up with a fix, it would be more fun
if you didn't have to whine to staff. a personal triumph even!

GODSPEED CITIZENS
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers