List of things wrong with CTF

Topics related to Second Age
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

List of things wrong with CTF

Post by Ronk »

1. Trammel (No risk, good chance of reward)
2. Earthquake only hurts enemies.
3. Summons are not allowed.
4. Invisibility is not allowed.
5. Teleport is not allowed.
6. Too long of game time even after its clear who wins.
7. Too easy for unbalanced teams.
8. Too many people go afk because of unbalanced teams. Which further unbalances teams, which leads to further people going afk. Until the entire CTF devolves into earthquake trammel spam and a couple of people being res killed.
9. Friends on the opposite team sabotage things, or don't play, so their friends can win silver.

In my opinion, get rid of CTF events (all events really but ill start small). Replace automated CTF events with a player sponsered(and run) CTF league. The player can have GM support for a field if necessary. There should be risk for all players involved whether it is loot on death or an entry fee to support the winning purse.

Regs and such can be free use if necessary...though im kind of against free use I can understand in a CTF field its quicker than having to keep reequiping. But potions should not be free use. Limit potions to a given number and any after that must be made by an alchemist on the field. Poisoned weapons should be allowed, if poisoned on the field. The field itself should be set up to provide equal benefit to dexxers and mages. All spells should be allowed (except recall/mark/gate, obviously). And all spells should function normally (i.e. earthquake hurts everyone, etc).
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: List of things wrong with CTF

Post by Robbbb »

Will never happen

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

how so rose has ran quite a few CTC events and they are similar........
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Best thing I can see to help solve the situation is dont allow 'team' signups. If you just sign up for the tournament it should assign you a team based on your chars int. If both teams have roughly the same average int per player that should balance out the teams as far as warriors vs mages and will restrict players from teaming up and dominating the event.

Implement it!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

iamreallysquall wrote:how so rose has ran quite a few CTC events and they are similar........
Not saying that a player run version wont happen, obviously since there already is one...I meant they arent going to remove CTF or change it the way Ronk suggested.

iamreallysquall

+1 for removal of events

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

iamreallysquall wrote:+1 for removal of events

If you dont like the way the events function...dont play them

if you dont play them...you wont have any reason for wanting them removed

if you dont have a reason for wanting them removed...you can stop posting in this thread...thanks

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Actually, id love to hear from people who want events removed ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Robbbb wrote:

if you dont have a reason for wanting them removed...you can stop posting in this thread...thanks
how about go read all the other event related threads in regards to changes and removal i have posted in all of them.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27786
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31100
etc etc.

Ronk wrote:Actually, id love to hear from people who want events removed ^_^
exactly they take people out of the world and the field etc. When this happens you are forced to hope someone else is out and about because they aren't at the event or join the event or spectate out of being bored. Your example of urk being active and the field being active then a event and then its dead is a perfect example of what i have seen. Then after trammel time is over everyone logs for the most part or just sits in there house or at a bank and it's definitely harder post event to find action. we have many faux players who just play events. Even worst we have people that would rather just pvp on test when it had nothing to be tested on it not have to consume actual regs while dueling etc. I can also go on rants about the silver system and how events should have more era accurate ruleset and or they be non free use. Total removal of eq from events or have it hurt everyone as it should function while yes i realize how eq would then turn into grief in events and feel it should disabled. Can go on about how there should be sign up fee if the event gives rewards to take gold out of the economy. We can go on about how the event schedule if they do continue to exist should be totally random and not publicly listed on myuosa or on irc in the#secondagevents channel. so that you have to you know play the game and be online to know a event is happening and if player run events are posted then said event that was randomly scheduled could be delayed. We can also go on about how many events people place proxy accounts and or just general afking in events as previously mentioned.
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Ronk wrote:Actually, id love to hear from people who want events removed ^_^
Me.

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

iamreallysquall wrote:how so rose has ran quite a few CTC events and they are similar........
Rose's CTC is infinity more fun than the automated CTF games, too.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

End thread here
/wrists
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Robbbb wrote:

Sorry but this forum is here for threads like this, where people can share their opinion on these matters. Just because you don't like Lelouche's opinion doesn't mean you get to stifle it and pass it off as nonsense because he disagrees with you.

Keep automated events, but host them in Fel where I can throw crap at you from outside the arena. How about that, folks?
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

chainsoar wrote:
Robbbb wrote:

Sorry but this forum is here for threads like this, where people can share their opinion on these matters. Just because you don't like Lelouche's opinion doesn't mean you get to stifle it and pass it off as nonsense because he disagrees with you.

Keep automated events, but host them in Fel where I can throw crap at you from outside the arena. How about that, folks?
He has the right to his opinion...he also has the right, which is what his 'opinion' was doing, to beat a dead horse.

Brules

Post by Brules »

+2