I've got the Nightmare blues :(

Topics related to Second Age
Sistro Mondain

I've got the Nightmare blues :(

Post by Sistro Mondain »

I've been on this shard for a few months now. I've GMed Taming, Lore and 4 other skills (damn you, Resist!). I have tamed several dozen Dragons, Wyrms and Frenzieds and miracle of miracles, I have even acquired a couple of dozen Stable slots!

But, I have not even SEEN a wild mare and believe you me, I am hitting up the Oasis, East Del and Cyclops valley over and over again.

I guess, when I finally snag one, I will be that much more excited, because of the challenge. :)

Also, now that I am mostly developed, It's probably a good time to find a guild. My play style tends to be as an Anti. And I am well versed in the fine art of PvP taming.

Working on a couple of alts with different builds as well.

Peace all!
The Glorious Lord Sistro Mondain
Draco Paladin, BiH

Pirul

Re: I've got the Nightmare blues :(

Post by Pirul »

Hello there.

About nightmares, the spawn is really random, and I've seen A LOT of people out there looking for them. I am not sure if someone is actually "ghosting" or scouting semi-(or fully)-afk for them, but I would not be terribly surprised.

I personally have never tried afk'ing mare scouting, and I have still managed to randomly find a couple of wild ones out of sheer luck. Keep making your rounds, and I'm sure you'll eventually find yours.

Regarding the guild you'd like to join: I suggest reading through the guilds subforums to see what each guild stands for or at least aims to be. You mention liking the Anti- playstyle, and well, there are basically only 2 real "anti" guilds out there at the moment, and we are DG and C^V. You might find one is a better fit for you over the other mostly depending on play times. Just join #dg and #C^V on IRC and start talking, we like to think we're decent people. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

remember that post where ghost recon and guild chat were implemented?
if you use a hidden scout with very low tracking to track monsters plopped right on the spot in E. Del you can have him either pop a gate after macroing a barrier around the gate area with footstools or send a message if you are guilded in your own private little guild when he tracked a monster...hopefully the mare. If not kill the creature or lure it farther then your tracking range.

I dont know how things spawn either but you might need to wipe out some creatures in the area for the mare to spawn as well...

That's a shot in the dark... not an authority on that.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Clx
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clx »

That's an old name! What happened to BiH?

Sistro Mondain

Post by Sistro Mondain »

Sometime after we got bored with Factions most of them started leaving UO to play DAoC. RL got busy for me, so I dropped out of online gaming for a while until WOW came out. Have not kept in contact over the years, but there is still a website up: http://www.bihguild.com/

I read about this shard on Reddit one day, got nostalgic and decided to recreate my favorite character here.

So far so good!
The Glorious Lord Sistro Mondain
Draco Paladin, BiH

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

when i used to go out and tame nightmares, i found them by leaving a char with tracking afk in del. every time i had a spare moment i'd tab over to that client, recall around 4 different spots
-Oasis (only things that will show up on "animals" are nightmares & ostards)
-Cyclops (dont even need to track)
-2 spots in east del.. if you know the spawn radius, this is all you need.

i found quite a few mares in the month or so i was taming them. quite often someone would show up almost immediately after i began taming. it helps to have friends who PK.

the tracker got killed afk once, rightfully, because i left him afk on a mare.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I feel your pain, Sistro. GM taming, never once seen a wild mare. I've had the privilege of taming 7 pre-tamed mares now, all donated by wary or afk players.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

I did not know finding a nightmare was that difficult, I will definitely make a character with tracking now though. I have not even started taming on my tamer yet, his Eval & Hiding is GM & stats are at max but nothing more. I am having to focus on my bard right now, which is two days away from being ready to hunt finally.

Taming is going to take months I already know
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Hail Sistro,

I'm Fireball of BiH. I am here with Fallen Angel also, one of the four founders of BiH. We are trying to persuade Mahja, Thrandarian and some of the others to return to Britannia on this free shard.

I saw you at Delucia bank a couple of days ago but you recalled away before I could get to you.

Would be great to hook up.

FB

http://www.bihguild.com/uo/Siege/bihspabout.html
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Fireball wrote:Hail Sistro,

I'm Fireball of BiH. I am here with Fallen Angel also, one of the four founders of BiH. We are trying to persuade Mahja, Thrandarian and some of the others to return to Britannia on this free shard.

I saw you at Delucia bank a couple of days ago but you recalled away before I could get to you.

Would be great to hook up.

FB

http://www.bihguild.com/uo/Siege/bihspabout.html
Fireball! I remember you, Maja, Fallen Angel and Thrandarian from Atlantic. I played as Raistlin in MHK, my friend played as Biohazard -- you may (or may not!) remember us from having PK'd Ibn Shaun for his FoA platemail armor :D

Does Mahja still have that ridiculously awesome named war mace?
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Hi Elk!

Yes I remember you. I will keep en eye out for you in game. Funnily enough, I was just reading an old guild meeting log file where we discussed taking you and Biohazrd off our KoS list because we figured you weren't "all bad" :)

Mahja is pretty heavily into Eve Online at the moment but we are trying to twist his arm :) As BiH Finance Director, it befell me to sell all of BiH assets including the amazing Daemon Fist, which I had the pleasure of holding many times. Sadly I wasn't a macer so I never got to kill with it! When Mahja got it in that quest there were several messages about its qualities but one of the most important was that it may be lost if used for evil. So whenever Mahja went red, it was given to me for safe-keeping. We were also always very careful about not putting it in bags and who repaired it. That was usually the eminent John Henry's honour until my Purdey toon achieved Grand Master! I forget who I sold it to now, but it was someone we knew who I am certain you knew also. If I remember I will let you know. I think we got $450 or $500 for it! Possibly Rhea's son?

Here's a screenshot of the day he got it.

<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Fireball wrote:Hi Elk!

Yes I remember you. I will keep en eye out for you in game. Funnily enough, I was just reading an old guild meeting log file where we discussed taking you and Biohazrd off our KoS list because we figured you weren't "all bad" :)

Mahja is pretty heavily into Eve Online at the moment but we are trying to twist his arm :) As BiH Finance Director, it befell me to sell all of BiH assets including the amazing Daemon Fist, which I had the pleasure of holding many times. Sadly I wasn't a macer so I never got to kill with it! When Mahja got it in that quest there were several messages about its qualities but one of the most important was that it may be lost if used for evil. So whenever Mahja went red, it was given to me for safe-keeping. We were also always very careful about not putting it in bags and who repaired it. That was usually the eminent John Henry's honour until my Purdey toon achieved Grand Master! I forget who I sold it to now, but it was someone we knew who I am certain you knew also. If I remember I will let you know. I think we got $450 or $500 for it! Possibly Rhea's son?

Here's a screenshot of the day he got it.

That's awesome! You guy's should definitely get going here -- this shard is the best replica of T2A there ever was, I'm sure you guys will feel at home. If you need help getting started let me know! I can help out with housing/pvp basics/general tips and tricks if you or your friends haven't played here ever or in a while -- just shoot me a pm.

There are a lot of ne'er-do-wells on this server, and while there are some "anti" guilds, there isn't any active guild around that's like BiH was. Hope to see you in game!
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I hope you guys come to UOSA. If you do indeed come, I will also try to help the best I can with some start up gold and/or a startup house. We welcome groups and guilds.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Thank you for your kind offers guys. A great gesture, which is much appreciated.

Fortunately, Fallen Angel has been here a few months and has set me and my daughter up in one of his houses. I'm working hard to earn cash for a Patio house which I'm probably about half way towards unless someone has one in a decent spot going cheap! :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that after being killed today in Covetous, I wasn't dry-looted. Not by a long way. I was left most of my stuff, including gold, and my home rune and a recall scroll! So thanks for that, Nazgul, if you are reading :)

I was also surprised by two things though: The spawn seems incredibly low in many places (both monsters and chest spawn, and there are a large number of ghost-cams -far more than even Siege Perilous!

FB

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Fireball wrote:Thank you for your kind offers guys. A great gesture, which is much appreciated.

Fortunately, Fallen Angel has been here a few months and has set me and my daughter up in one of his houses. I'm working hard to earn cash for a Patio house which I'm probably about half way towards unless someone has one in a decent spot going cheap! :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that after being killed today in Covetous, I wasn't dry-looted. Not by a long way. I was left most of my stuff, including gold, and my home rune and a recall scroll! So thanks for that, Nazgul, if you are reading :)

I was also surprised by two things though: The spawn seems incredibly low in many places (both monsters and chest spawn, and there are a large number of ghost-cams -far more than even Siege Perilous!

FB
Who is Fallen Angel playing as, I haven't seen a character by that name (yet!)