57%

Total votes: 86

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Uncle Felix 2012

Post by son »

I have been away for over a year. I will never play UOSA again.

I love this shard, its amazing. I miss everyone. I come to IRC just to talk to the people I spent many years with. See who's moved on and who has come back.

I cannot play as I made a promise to myself to move on. So I figured a way I could contribute to this shard in a different manner and remain in touch with the folks involved.

I want to become the next GM of UOSA.

Many people will scoff at this idea, given my variable play style. Many will simply focus on the scams I pulled off or the murder counts I accumulated. Focusing on certain characters I played and projecting that on to me is a mistake.

I always played within the rules of the shard. I was never banned in game. I was never even jailed. My biggest scam I ever pulled (multiple times) I ran by Derrick before doing it. I hated wasting the shard's maintainers any time and grief.

Much of my time in #secondage was spent helping new players. "Make a bard" was my favorite line.

When I quit UOSA, I gave everything I had accumulated away, pretty evenly. To the people I griefed I left millions.

A major concern I had while playing and still have now are EUO users. I believe users like Chopper, once caught, should have all their accounts banned instantly. Everything deleted. Perhaps they should be allowed to remake their characters on different accounts, but once caught, everything would be deleted.

This is similar to steroid users in MLB and sports. I really have no stance on EUO or steroids on its own, but I have a stance on following the rules. If some players use these devices to get a non-allowed advantage on the game, it taints the game, and it taints the competition and sandbox of the shard.

If Derrick allowed EUO on the shard, I would have a totally different stance. I would have used it and mastered its potential.

As a GM, I would come down on cheaters swiftly.

Vote for Felix as Rob Schneider to Nevermore's Dredd in 2012.
Attachments
20573642.jpg
20573642.jpg (97.44 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Uncle Felix 2012

Post by tekai »

During the period that felix and myself played, He was the number one source of information to newer players in IRC.

It would help the shard to have someone like Felix taking care of player tickets.

Always good to have additional EUO police around too.
[broken image]

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

Well Felix, I'm sure you can see where many may be hesitant. But I always considered the style you played all in good fun. It was part of the era after all, and it added to the challenge. However, I've always found your forum advice to be sound (Outside of TT).

A few questions before I cast my vote. Why is it you promised yourself to never return? It can't possibly be a time management thing... being a GM would consume quite a bit I'd imagine. Is this a real possibility that's already been discussed with Derrick? Do you have any prior GM experience? (sorry for treating this like a job application, but I'm genuinely curious)

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Felix is number 1!
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

you have my vote uncle felix

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Felix all day, erry day.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Pretty sure this isn't the way to become a GM. I would imagine the whole process is secret and you are not allowed to even let people know you are a GM.

So let's say you get all the yes votes you need. We now have the problem of Gee I wonder who that new GM is that now sits in irc and pops up in game sometimes.

Is that GM talking to former friends or guild mates?

Did this GM just ban someone he hated in the game at some point?

Felix's friend looted my house. There's no possible way he got in there. CORRUPTION!

Just the whole idea seems like it would bring constant irritation to the staff.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I had no friends.

But really, you think I would give preferential treatment? Not my style at all.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It isn't about what I think. It's about how people will use it.

Remember my lil venture into moderating trade forums? Just accusations can be the problem.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Why would you bring your tangential potential corruption into my election?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Because your reputation as " the bad guy" is only going to put a black mark in any political venture you have. Shadow elections are your best bet.

Da Jesus

Post by Da Jesus »

YOU MAY FOOL THE ***** WITH NO TIME TO SPEND POLICING THE SHARD, BUT YOU DON' FOOL FELIX!!!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Will none of you nay sayers come forth and explain yourself?

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

son wrote:I had no friends.

But really, you think I would give preferential treatment? Not my style at all.
Well darn i voted yes :P