Greetings!

Topics related to Second Age
Tactical

Greetings!

Post by Tactical »

Howdy! Just joined the shard a few days ago after finding a link to UOSA on Reddit. I played the official UO from beta in 97 until around 2004, mainly on the Napa Valley shard. Played SWG from 03-04, and still have an active WOW account (since beta, 04') and am a co-founder of a large multi-game guild called Dara Mactire.

Love the shard so far..i played a few free shards way back when but they were always either silly, or had very few people on them... it's great to see a populated and active T2A server!! There just isn't anything out there since UO that can scratch that itch!

Currently have a Bard/Mage, and a PvM (resist/parry) warrior that I am macroing up. I mainly played dexxers and warriors back on official shards. I love how seamlessly UO lets you mix PvE, PvP, and RPing.

Anyway just wanted to share a little about me and say hello. Look forward to getting to know more people on the shard.

Are there any recommended guilds I should look at?

Fare thee well!
-Tactical / Shadicar

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'd like to promote the shard on Dara Mactire's youtube channel (~55,000 subscribers, 6.5 million vid views) which caters primarily to MMO PvPers (mainly WOW). I think this could be a good avenue to at the very minimum get a handful of new players, and at best a whole bunch! If you have any suggestions for how to best promote the shard on the Dara Mactire channel let me know!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Greetings!

Post by Chaos »

Welcome. Glad you found us. As a fellow redditor I'm a little interested in which post you saw, as last I checked there were only a few post about UOSA one of which was mine.

Again welcome, If you need any help with getting the game and/or program (razor) up and running let me know glad to help if I can.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Tactical

Post by Tactical »

Thanks Chaos.... It was actually linked in a comment... the OP was relating to UO though, don't remember the exact topic however.

So far so good with Razor and everything else.... I spent quite a few hours while at work and doing other junk reading the UOSA forums and wiki on my tablet. My first two characters are already about half way done after just a few days... Razor is pretty great!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Funny... I was searching Ultima Online yesterday on Reddit and UOSA came up most of the time.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

I typed "Ultima Online" into Googles. UO Second Age was 6th on the list.

Well played.

-Bicchus Dicchus, putting off going to the gym

Tactical

Post by Tactical »

Are they many good Order / Chaos guilds on UOSA? Any good guilds geared towards helping newer players?

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

check the guilds area on the forums.

TC

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Tactical wrote:Are they many good Order / Chaos guilds on UOSA? Any good guilds geared towards helping newer players?
There are several Order / Chaos guilds, but I would argue that most PvP guilds just war most other guilds, and don't really focus on Order / Chaos distinction (for better or worse)--i.e. it's not uncommon to see Order and Chaos fighting side by side against a common enemy.

As for a guild that helps new players--there is a "NEW" guild, but I don't believe the guildmaster is that active atm... I usually recommend C^V (the Company of the Vigilant) as a great guild for players to get involved with. Many players / guilds offer to co-own new players to their houses so they can train and what-not. There are lots of other guilds, of course, but that's one that really sticks out to me as a good choice.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Clx
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clx »

We put a UOSA link into the sidebar on the Ultima Online subreddit - should imagine it's sending a few people this way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ultimaonline/

Tactical

Post by Tactical »

Man I really want to play UO... but I literally can't go ANYWHERE without getting run down and killed. I've met a whole two people so far who would even talk to me. Everyone else just chases me down and kills me. Blues and reds alike.

I want to do it but if I am confined to shearing sheep for the next 2 months, then forget it. Every god damn person on the server is just a mindless pk asshat minus a few cool people who actually want the shard to grow.

Anyway, peace out.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Tactical wrote:Man I really want to play UO... but I literally can't go ANYWHERE without getting run down and killed. I've met a whole two people so far who would even talk to me. Everyone else just chases me down and kills me. Blues and reds alike.

I want to do it but if I am confined to shearing sheep for the next 2 months, then forget it. Every god damn person on the server is just a mindless pk asshat minus a few cool people who actually want the shard to grow.

Anyway, peace out.
Tonight while rolling around....stopped by Brit GY.....there were a few people there, one was asking about where
he might find some GM weps. He asked 2x with no response. So I asked what he was looking for, hooked him up. Then
he said "we'll see how long I have this new wep at the GY". To which I responded, "here let me gate you to a place
that is less traveled and safer". When we arrived, he was like "damn, never even thought of this place, no one is here".

Point is UO is what [you] make of it. If what you are doing isnt working, change it, seek out advice.
You happed to be hanging out where those " mindless pk asshat" hangout.

Good luck to you!
Last edited by Orion GM B^D on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Tactical

Post by Tactical »

Although I came here for good fights and pvp... the barrier of entry is just too high. What I've gathered talking to people is that I need to spend a couple of months, at least, working on shearing sheep and making a crafter and building up etc before I can really get into pvp. I've been here about 5 days, and have hit up around 3 dozen hunting spots, and been attacked at every single one, as well as just running around. Averaged around 10-11 pk/blue deaths per day, many of them were 3+ man gank squads that killed me in under 1 second. I just don't have the time, patience, nor do I want to spend months getting to the point that I can pvp reasonably.

My account info is up for grabs on reddit in the UltimaOnline subreddit.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Need to learn how to mash that recall key faster. lawl...

Seriously though man, you need to have a bit of a thick skin to play t2a. If you are expecting to just jump straight into the field then you picked the wrong era man.

I hunt all the time, and have yet to get killed by a pk.

Mongoose almost got my ass going to delucia one day but that's about as close as I've came to getting killed by a pk.

Sublime could have killed my miner. But he just chain casted para on me for a min then gated me to brit. lawl?

All the other pks couldn't even hit me before I got a recall off. And I haven't played this game in at least a year. Haven't played true t2a for 13 years.

So if getting killed bothers you that bad. Maybe you need to stick to wow man, where you don't lose stuff.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Bummer to hear you had such a hard go at it... Honestly it sounds like you just had an unlucky streak. It happens. As Xandorf said, I've hunted peacefully on many occasions.

If you know what you are doing, you should be able to get up and running in a couple weeks. Then again, UO always had a pretty steep learning curve.

If you decide to come back, PM me. I'll hunt with you and help you get started.

Don't forget: lots of PK's = era accurate. ;)... T2A era UO isn't a game for sissys. But honestly, like I said, it really just sounds like you hit an unlucky streak.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Aanallein

Post by Aanallein »

Sounds like you were simply unlucky or don't know the right thing to do to get going..

How to build a dexer:
Start with 60/10/10, 50 magery, 50 healing
Macro: herding to 100 str, music to 100 dex, anatomy to 100, hiding as high as you feel you want
Train from npcs: Parry, Resist, Fencing, Tactics

Go to T2A and fight corpsers and unarmed orcs to 80ish skill then bone knights to 100 skill

I'm sure there are faster ways but this can all be accomplished on your own with very little help. I got my dexxer to 5x GM and then dropped parry for archery and am working on magery and resist now.

Meanwhile I built up my bard and tankmage - both are also 5x GM and currently macroing magery/resist.

This has been amazingly easy to be honest. I've been pk'd 3x successfully - once was my own fault too. I've escaped pks probably 10 or so times.