PVP Related Arguement Pertaining to MODS

Topics related to Second Age
Scienter

PVP Related Arguement Pertaining to MODS

Post by Scienter »

Summarized into bullet points:
Pros:
-It's easier to use teleport rings with the tree hack on.
-It's easier to heal your teammate getting synced on because you can see the direction easier of the big blue Ebolt animation vs the normal pathetic flying dust rag.
-The halberd/ebolt mod looks 10x more awesome (opinion)

Cons:
-The pros create an unfair advantage to individuals not using the mods
-It would be very difficult, I think, to determine who uses the mods outside of watching videos and looking at photographs.

I think the solution is simple. Is anyone nice enough to post a safe link to the sites that provide these mods so, at the very least, their available to everyone?

Thank you.

P.S. If you think this post is stupid, and creates hardship, reply quickly and I will edit it to state "delete"
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVP Related Arguement Pertaining to MODS

Post by Nystal »

I agree it would be useful for everyone to know where to get these.

Personally, in my humble opinion, I think it doesn't look pretty, and I play on a T2A server to remember things as they were and will take the disadvantages based on that preference, but to each their own.

Someone has made a point before that having youtube videos with the mods can be a detriment to recruiting new players to the server as they see Neon stuff and write it off with no further interest.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

I think this is a good conversation to have and "safe" links would be nice for those interested.

My opinion on this: I think the mods look stupid/ugly. I'm not competitive at PvP, hell, I rarely even engage in it, but even if I did, I would not use these because I think (like Nystal) it changes the game too much and it is not how I remember/enjoy the game.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I think the major CON was not listed which is

1. Makes people think we are playing on some trammel, candy floss / OSI style shard when they see videos/photos and it turns them away.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Some people like trammel.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

While it may be a novel idea to compile all of the mods used by players, we do not support the use of these mods, and as a result, we do not want any links to them posted on the forums. Of course, we cannot prevent the use of these mods, but this does not mean we must support them.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Derrick wrote:
Loathed wrote:i can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules section, i searched too, but i see no official word on it, are we allowed to edit our mul files, things such as give our spells no animation etc.. my video card tends to lock up a lot during field pvp, and if i were to be able to remove some of the animation in the spells that would help tons. I guess it would fall under the "tree hack" thing but even still i don't see how it gives any type of unfair advantage, even with that type of thing, you're not able to do anything that others can't do with un edited mul files. again reason i ask is- it'll ease the lag on my vid
Aye. I appreciate the asking, but there is currently no rule against that.

There's currently no policy fobidding tree-hack either, but I would prefer not to have tree-hack screenshots in the forums.

i do see the unfair advantages you're speaking of- but it's not really an advantage- sync'd drops can be faked (meaning everyone except one person releases their ebolt delayed, to offset while the others target someone completely different. I don't look at spells to see who i'm gonna heal, i watch health bars.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I use sound. But im good healing.

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Scienter wrote:Summarized into bullet points:
Pros:
-It's easier to use teleport rings with the tree hack on.
-It's easier to heal your teammate getting synced on because you can see the direction easier of the big blue Ebolt animation vs the normal pathetic flying dust rag.
-The halberd/ebolt mod looks 10x more awesome (opinion)

Cons:
-The pros create an unfair advantage to individuals not using the mods
-It would be very difficult, I think, to determine who uses the mods outside of watching videos and looking at photographs.

I think the solution is simple. Is anyone nice enough to post a safe link to the sites that provide these mods so, at the very least, their available to everyone?

Thank you.

P.S. If you think this post is stupid, and creates hardship, reply quickly and I will edit it to state "delete"
Maby the ebolt is easier to see when it flying in the air. But compared to the original eb it doesnt make any big difference.
When people launch off the Explosion spell, the characters makes a little move its relly hard to see but if u focus on it - it never lies.
Good players would do the spin to cover that up.

I understand how many feels about the client mudd edits. But from where i came from it was posted on the forums (5 years ago) and everybody was free to use it, so i tought it was so wierd that the majority here didnt know what it was or played with it cuz people have been makin these for a long time. many websites out there. :D just take minecraft game Texure packs. its complety the same. in a world full of geeks what do you expect :D

I honestly dont belive my client gives an advantage(atleast not for me), and is i stated before i made the client to make my videos unquie, not to up my game.
Have something new to watch when i play, since i played the game for god know how many years and the graphic got boring..
You can only adjust the pictures you can see from your end its not much cheating that can come out of that.

Just remember google is your friend. long live t2a pvp
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I think the major CON was not listed which is

1. Makes people think we are playing on some trammel, candy floss / OSI style shard when they see videos/photos and it turns them away.
Guess il answer this one.

Eo Looks trammel to me.

Only playing Server War with the same items day over and day over - Now thats trammel. :)

Besides in all my videos it says that its a client modd, becuz people always ask where to get it.
If i had the slightest feeling about that this modd would ruin what im trying to do here, i would have changed it long time ago.

Glacial Staff - UO Rares

Majestic YouTube Channel

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Don't get mad bro. I'm just stating the truth which is those mods of yours make this shard look like something it isn't. If you did write on each video that you used client mods and that UOSA is true to T2A accuracy, that would be fine (though still not really ideal) - I have seen that you don't do that though. I haven't gone through all of your videos but the one or two I have clicked make no mention of the mods. At least go write that and make it fairly obvious on each of your videos.

PS. Thanks for the mare from your guild on the weekend. Tell Zenzile and Wazza I enjoyed 2v1ing them but the great Eo is much like the great PINK BOOTS: He can't be stopped
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Don't get mad bro. I'm just stating the truth which is those mods of yours make this shard look like something it isn't. If you did write on each video that you used client mods and that UOSA is true to T2A accuracy, that would be fine (though still not really ideal) - I have seen that you don't do that though. I haven't gone through all of your videos but the one or two I have clicked make no mention of the mods. At least go write that and make it fairly obvious on each of your videos.

PS. Thanks for the mare from your guild on the weekend. Tell Zenzile and Wazza I enjoyed 2v1ing them but the great Eo is much like the great PINK BOOTS: He can't be stopped
In the infomation it does say that on most videos. But also in the comments.

Dont enter my gates then.!

Majestic YouTube Channel

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I'm gonna refrain from posting screenshots of me killing you in an effort to keep this thread on subject and cause there isn't enough space. I told you not to get mad!

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:UOSA is true to T2A accuracy
:lol: :lol:
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I'm gonna refrain from posting screenshots of me killing you in an effort to keep this thread on subject and cause there isn't enough space. I told you not to get mad!
I dont think people care about your Screenshots from Sw war mate sorry to say, so yeah lets stay on the subject. =P

Majestic YouTube Channel