UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Post by Budner »

jimm1432 wrote:add a 2nd server based purely on community voted ideas, would bring new players/donators to uosa and would give older players a ever evolving shard to play.

I love uosa but so bored I haven't played for months, give it a year i'll be hooked again but it would be nice to have a place to play with factions/newer houses etc, without having to leave uosa for ''other'' servers
I like the theory of a second server but in practice this would dilute the population of the existing shard which is somewhat thin to begin with. Creating a second server might destroy UOSA.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

You aren't actually worried this will happen are you?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

No I am deeply worried!

Of course not, just thinking about what a 2nd server would mean in theory. I think it would destroy us.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Budner wrote:
jimm1432 wrote:add a 2nd server based purely on community voted ideas, would bring new players/donators to uosa and would give older players a ever evolving shard to play.

I love uosa but so bored I haven't played for months, give it a year i'll be hooked again but it would be nice to have a place to play with factions/newer houses etc, without having to leave uosa for ''other'' servers
I like the theory of a second server but in practice this would dilute the population of the existing shard which is somewhat thin to begin with. Creating a second server might destroy UOSA.

UOSASS

"The true Trammy tram"

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Budner wrote:No I am deeply worried!

Of course not, just thinking about what a 2nd server would mean in theory. I think it would destroy us.
It might, but in reality, the people who are wanting it are probably considering moving on anyway. The only thing keeping quite a few here is loyalty to the brand. I imagine they are asking this of Derrick in order to stay loyal and get something new and interesting.

Personally, I don't and haven't played on any other server. I like it here, but I have been bored for a while. I keep coming and going. The pvp here really isn't that interesting[limited], the farming isn't fun with groups...[you can only gain anything if you do it alone], and housing seems to be mainly owned by people who aren't playing here anymore. The stables are all full all of the time.

There would be many advantages in just taking it to the end of T2A right before trammel came in. Every year from the beginning, people started with a fun functionality that was taken out a year later. The only people here now are the loyal.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

We've already taken a few decades off Derrick's life with the stress of this server, and you guys want another one? Manslaughter.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I vote hemperor for the job.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

GuardianKnight wrote:I vote hemperor for the job.
lol uoorigins already exists.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I vote for town invasions and longer house decay (just to piss off the idocers)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

inkognito wrote:I vote for town invasions and longer house decay (just to piss off the idocers)
More like shorter decay, to piss off the non-playing refreshers.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Blaise wrote:
inkognito wrote:I vote for town invasions and longer house decay (just to piss off the idocers)
More like shorter decay, to piss off the non-playing refreshers.
Ya actually this is a better idea!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Steeley Dan wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:I spoke to Derrick a little while ago and asked him where the shard would be in 5 years and he said WE AINT GOIN' NOWHEEEEERE.

Long live UOSA!
That statement could be interpreted in several different ways. Does this mean the server is going nowhere? That's a bad thing.

The attachment and dedication to this era is admirable, but at the same time, it WILL grow stale for players. Which I think the OP was trying to say in a nice way. Yes, its cool to toss around terms like "era-accuracy" and "mechanical accuracy" repeatedly, but at some point one has to ask: Should we evolve, even just a little bit? Or do we just remain the same and pray people will keep enjoying that same sandwich, over and over again?
Most people here quit Osi cause of the patches and expansions, so asking for new patches and new stuff doesnt sound like a good :idea:

Unless you are a idocer.

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Actually, another server with later updates might bring in more players. I love T2A, but there are a few things I miss about later updates.

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

Ulfrigg wrote:
Most people here quit Osi cause of the patches and expansions, so asking for new patches and new stuff doesnt sound like a good :idea:

Unless you are a idocer.
^

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I could eat grilled cheese sandwiches all day every day. Long live UOSA!

I don't log on often, but when I do, its usually to refresh my houses. Stay active my friends.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠