So long UOSA and thanks for the good ride

Topics related to Second Age
Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

So long UOSA and thanks for the good ride

Post by Ragancy »

From what I can tell, all of my accounts were recently banned because I let a friend log into one of my accounts for 10 minutes to let them try out a new char template.

Sent a note to Derrick, but haven't heard anything. My suggestion to the admins would be to update the shard rules page to bring clarity to which situations do and do not result in a ban.

Anyways, fun playing on this shard for ~3 years. Despite the ban, kudos to Derrick for creating UOSA, which is no easy task.

Spanked you,

Mister Kister [FT$]

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: So long UOSA and thanks for the good ride

Post by GuardianKnight »

Surely there is a better explanation than this. It kind of bothers me that something like this would happen.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

BananaKush

Post by BananaKush »

Well if this is true, many good fights with you man! And hope you get it sorted. Not alot of good players to pvp on this shard. Hope you get it sorted! so i can continue killing your group of 15!

Hope you get back in game! good fights good times.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Eh. If there was some misunderstanding I am sure Derrick will sort it out whenever he is available. I wouldn't worry about it. There are people who log in to their friends accounts (that haven't played in years) simply to refresh their houses. I don't think allowing someone to play a character of yours for 10 minutes would warrant a ban and there is either:
A.) A misunderstanding or problem with an auto-ban script that works off IP addresses
or
B.) You did more than what you are telling us here.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Outrage!

I have logged into my accounts from multiple computers and friend's houses when showing them the game trying to get them to join. I even played on my account at a friends house who also plays here and vice versa, neither of us had any problems.

Unbanhammer him please!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:B.) You did more than what you are telling us here.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Played with Mister Kister AKA Ragancy back in 97-00. Ran into this crazy character RANDOMLY in UOSA. What are the odds?

Trained him up a little and he got as good or better than me in a very short time. One day I was spanking him and he learned the mechanics so quickly that he was killing the best 1 v 1, 4 v 4, etc. in almost no time. I remember asking him when he laid the smack down on me, then Sandro I think it was- steamrolled his way through a tough 1 v 1 tourney-- "How'd you do that?" and he said that he had been watching me duel. I was like oh, well that was quick! Had to swallow some pride right there.

Got rich the right way: LPing. We focused mainly on PvP and Kister became the most important player in our guild. When we cleaned out the shard and got bored, we'd jump on our stealth mages and catch players slipping. This was, arguably, the most fun I've had on UO or UOSA (RIP Hanzo). Kister contributed a tower and castle solely to our guild, which was most of his $. He's always been a team player.

So many pranks Da Throwdown Clown has been involved in, from the house drop trap noob giveaway JK bro it's a mass-slaughter with the bazookas to the idoc ebolt turrets, purple pot bombing, run and gun deep stat pking, stealth pking, all kinds of epic griefing, training up noobs, insane duels and just hilarious commentary in vent... there's hundreds of other things that I'm sure are slipping my mind. All of this I'm gonna miss if Kister can't play here.

I went inactive for about a year and he held down & grew probably by far the most hated PvP guild with tons of conflicting personalities. This is tough to do because it was basically him training and recruiting noobs, then turning them into legit PvPers/Pkers. Kister played this game like a boss and people just followed. He took over FT$ when two of our key members stopped playing and dominated. This is no small feat and there are none who did it like Kister since I've been playing.

I will say this and I think it's accurate: In my opinion nobody has helped this shard (aside from the admins) more than Kister. When he's not PvPing I've seen him, even on my ghost with nobody else around, hook up noobs- not just with gold, but with tips on how to be more self sufficient, defend themselves, duel with them, train them, talk to em, etc. Kister donated a lot of his time to helping the shard in every way possible.

If the admins could see it fit to explain what he did or maybe a mistake was made and lift the ban, a lot of players would appreciate it I'm sure.

If not, RIP Da Throwdown Clown.

FT$ will find another game where Kister's welcome.
Last edited by Matty on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Still Standing wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:B.) You did more than what you are telling us here.
Was "JACKO" also investigated?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Sounds like Derrick wall of stoned FT$ at the pass....word login.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

How do we know that your buddy didn't just change your password?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

The only thing I didn't disclose is who borrowed my accounts for 10 minutes. Not hard to guess who. And yes this person may have had their accounts previously banned. Still...

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

GuardianKnight wrote:How do we know that your buddy didn't just change your password?
Error [MegaCliloc] : StringId Not Found : 3000035

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You were almost certainly banned for allowing a banned player on your account :(

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

This is interesting, Ragency has been here forever and to my knowledge hes been a pretty damn good wizard who is mega legit. However I don't know him very well personally.

Ragency, eventually i'm sure you will be given a reason for the ban, perhaps it is only a short term ban...

Who did you let use your account? I'm so far out of the loop at this point I cant really guess, lol.

I hope to see you and FT$ back in action soon.