Staff and players POLL

Topics related to Second Age

Do you like the idea of staff sometimes hanging out in the world for no other reason than to chat?

The more the better.
73%
As a rare occasion only. Don't do it too much.
20%
Please don't show me staff unless they are answering my pages.
7%

Total votes: 56

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Staff and players POLL

Post by GuardianKnight »

Am I the only one that likes to see more of staff in the game, socializing with people?

I think that the rare occasions that we get to see staff in game are a good sign that they are interested in the shard. I still believe in the vision that they should continue with the hands off policy. But wouldn't it be sweet to have visible GMs watching you duel?

Would it ruin your experience if staff members randomly popped up and said hi to you? Maybe cracked a couple of jokes at the bank, sometimes?
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MortiKi

Re: Staff and players POLL

Post by MortiKi »

i can dig it
<< (~);} >>

[1965-1995]

Metastasis

Post by Metastasis »

Should-Be Staff Priorities:

1. Answering my pages
2. Showing up on my doorstep to crack a few jokes
3. Answering everyone else's pages

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Staff are like police, I get nervous when I see them.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Socializing is what we have IRC for. Keep UO free from kindness and let's keep it to griefing and murdering.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Can I have your robe
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Mammoth showed up at some duels between vint and I. Was pretty cool. He also broadcast a shard-wide message that impromptu duels were being held at mYm arena. Handful of people responded. I think it's a good thing that staff is interested with in-game goings on and has time to mingle.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Malaikat wrote:Mammoth showed up at some duels between vint and I. Was pretty cool. He also broadcast a shard-wide message that impromptu duels were being held at mYm arena. Handful of people responded. I think it's a good thing that staff is interested with in-game goings on and has time to mingle.
hes also showed up to a bunch of my events. come out to some every once in a while and stop ruining the server GK and you might see them

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I have gone to some duels before. I just don't go as GK after that hardcore event where I got instantly murdered upon walking in.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Gork

Post by Gork »

GuardianKnight wrote:I have gone to some duels before. I just don't go as GK after that hardcore event where I got instantly murdered upon walking in.
That is because you didn't read the rules which stated you would get dropped if you showed up on a mount!

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

GM Mammoth has won me over. This guy is always there whenever I need him. The other GMs are great, but Mammoth reins supreme.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I've never had an unpleasant interaction with staff in-game, as they can have fun too. I encourage all staff to randomly pop out on me at any time if they'd like to, and to do the same to the rest of the population.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

So far, this thread has put the fear of god in atleast 3 people who voted.

farnk

Post by farnk »

GuardianKnight wrote:I have gone to some duels before. I just don't go as GK after that hardcore event where I got instantly murdered upon walking in.
does anyone remember the last tourney cavewight came to? lol he got bbqsawse ganked into ashborns brick floor. then some idiot ressed him and he ate a bbq flavored flamestrike 2 da dome from urs truly. and then realized he was not welcome! :D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

farnk wrote:
does anyone remember the last tourney cavewight came to? lol he got bbqsawse ganked into ashborns brick floor. then some idiot ressed him and he ate a bbq flavored flamestrike 2 da dome from urs truly. and then realized he was not welcome! :D
Yep. He PMed me on IRC and asked me if anything was going on, so I told him Ash's tournament. He told me he was coming and I giggled to Wonder and Gork in vent. I called for a dump and the second we loaded, 6 other people loaded. 9v1 ez. He had just finished running IDOCs and had his IDOC book, GW books, and FW runes on him. I think Wonder and I profited around 10 mill off of that loot.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.