Mounts

Topics related to Second Age
Jaylin Stensgard

Mounts

Post by Jaylin Stensgard »

Would you guys ever consider removing mounts? If removing them brought an influx of active players and large active RP guilds?

Thank you.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mounts

Post by Menkaure »

Ipy person above :P

These gms are insanely dedicated to era accuracy. Therefore mounts will ways be here.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Jaylin Stensgard

Post by Jaylin Stensgard »

Menkaure wrote:Ipy person above :P

These gms are insanely dedicated to era accuracy. Therefore mounts will ways be here.
ok thank you. best of luck gents!

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

I personally would love mounts removed. Back on osi I had 56k and ran more quickly on foot than a mount, hence, I was always on foot.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I would instantly leave if mounts were removed.

Pac

Post by Pac »

I've found that in most MMOs there's this extreme vocal minority who for whatever reason wants mounts removed. Every so often the devs will make the mistake of thinking they represent general player sentiment that always results in a massive backlash from the bulk of the players.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

I wouldn't mind if mounts were removed, but it will never happen. NEA
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

N-SilverBABY!!

Post by N-SilverBABY!! »

Jaylin Stensgard wrote:Would you guys ever consider removing mounts? If removing them brought an influx of active players and large active RP guilds?

Thank you.

yeah because there's so many servers that have survived and done well without mounts......

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

What if we just removed rideable llamas? I never liked them anyways... too small a ratio of llama to riding human.

Dustyn

Post by Dustyn »

I would like mounts to be removed. Anyways they are annoying and require to be feeded every freaking five minutes. :P

But I guess if it is era accurate then it is what it is. But it would be more fun for on-foot roleplayers indeed. But anyways, I can adapt, mounts aren't the end of the world.

Also just a question like this before i officially move over to this shard... how harsh are statlosses if I want to be pk?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Stat loss on UOSA follows OSI guidelines. Stat loss on resurrection based on your total short term murder counts. 8 hours per count, and stat loss starts at 9% and ranges up to a maximum of 20%.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mcreedy
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mcreedy »

Why would removing mounts bring an influx of new players and RP guilds?

Era accuracy aside horses would fit into a world like UO
Great Lakes '97 to '08

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Dustyn wrote:I would like mounts to be removed. Anyways they are annoying and require to be feeded every freaking five minutes. :P
For any regular mount - when they are fatigued, just dismount, say 'all follow me' and remount.
Your mount will be back to full stamina
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Ohm wrote:
Dustyn wrote:I would like mounts to be removed. Anyways they are annoying and require to be feeded every freaking five minutes. :P
For any regular mount - when they are fatigued, just dismount, say 'all follow me' and remount.
Your mount will be back to full stamina
You just have to give this command once or have your tamer buddy have it follow you once. It's not necessary to keep repeating it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Yes it just has to be in 'follow mode' but its not hard to say all follow me in the macro.
You also dont need a tamer friend to own a regular mount.

PS stop hiding and go fight hazy