What doesn't work in your house

Topics related to Second Age
randale

What doesn't work in your house

Post by randale »

I know that-

1. Since Hiding always works in your house, you can't raise your hiding skill

2. Same with Detect Hidden.

Can you raise your stealing by stealing from a pack animal? Now with the bug discovered that let's you attack anyone with a stone foundation- how does that work if you are say you are on the second or third floor, can they attack you there without any difficulty?

3. You do take damage from spells in your house, correct?

Bixby Legbone

Re: What doesn't work in your house

Post by Bixby Legbone »

randale wrote:I know that-

1. Since Hiding always works in your house, you can't raise your hiding skill

2. Same with Detect Hidden.

Can you raise your stealing by stealing from a pack animal? Now with the bug discovered that let's you attack anyone with a stone foundation- how does that work if you are say you are on the second or third floor, can they attack you there without any difficulty?

3. You do take damage from spells in your house, correct?

By extension of hiding not working, I believe stealth doesn't either.

Yes you can raise stealing in your home. The 'bug' as you call it is deemed by UOSA to be era accurate.. It won't go away. 2nd/third/etc floors are just as vulnerable, however safe spots (say in a keep without courtyard runes marked) are safe from floor to floor.

Yes you do take damage from spells inside your house. However, you cannot cast energy vortex, blade spirits, or teleport, and target a tile within a house and be successful. There are also scenarios in which you cannot successfully cast the resurrection spell within your home.

Remove thyself command does not work on yourself in your own home. I don't believe it works on friended players nor player vendors. Similar with I ban thee command.

Certain house addons will not work unless in defined areas.. for example a stone oven cannot go anywhere inside a castle unless there is no roof above it.. so it can go in the outside areas, or on the roof itself which is considered outside. I don't believe stone ovens can go on the bottom floor of an Lshape/2story. I believe flour mills are of the same height as stone ovens and also follow these rules.

You cannot have more than one guild stone within your home. And making your house public removes the ability to lock the doors. You cannot physically remove a player vendor from your home.. you have to ask a GM to do so.

You cannot leave monsters or animals unattended/ignored for more than 24 hours within your home before they decay. You have to interact with them in some way.

You cannot rez yourself inside a house using an npc healer. The npc healer will teleport outside upon your ghost coming within range of it.

randale

Post by randale »

Yes you can raise stealing in your home. The 'bug' as you call it is deemed by UOSA to be era accurate.. It won't go away. 2nd/third/etc floors are just as vulnerable, however safe spots (say in a keep without courtyard runes marked) are safe from floor to floor.
I just did a walk around my 3 story tower, and in some places you can only see PART of a floor, there appear to be a few safe spots, one on first floor towards the back, and one on the second floor towards the back, that can not be seen standing anywhere outside the house. Those might work.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

randale wrote:
I just did a walk around my 3 story tower, and in some places you can only see PART of a floor, there appear to be a few safe spots, one on first floor towards the back, and one on the second floor towards the back, that can not be seen standing anywhere outside the house. Those might work.

Towers have 0 safe spots within. Please see/read this link viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41923

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

You can gain Detect Hidden in a house target something in your pack.
I just gained by targeting a pile of gold in my pack

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

randale

Post by randale »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
randale wrote:

Towers have 0 safe spots within. Please see/read this link viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41923
Ok, but I can use things around the sides of the houses to block line of sight- it right? I was thinking stone ovens, but as you said, they need open air above them, like on a roof? What else can I use. How do commodity deeds (if they are T2A) work, if I want an oven, can I buy the deed then place it?

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Daelan wrote:You can gain Detect Hidden in a house target something in your pack.
Why u wouldn't just go to the detect hidden small on the path west of brit and GM in 2 mins is beyond me
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

randale

Post by randale »

WarmApplepie wrote:
Daelan wrote:You can gain Detect Hidden in a house target something in your pack.
Why u wouldn't just go to the detect hidden small on the path west of brit and GM in 2 mins is beyond me
Maybe because he doesn't know, and I don't either? I didn't think you could GM any skill in 2 minutes? How?

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

randale wrote:
WarmApplepie wrote:
Maybe because he doesn't know, and I don't either? I didn't think you could GM any skill in 2 minutes? How?
Yeah been here for 5 years never knew of the small your talking bout.
No biggie they were saying you can not raise it in your house I was just pointing out a way you could if you wanted too.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!