Magic in town events

Topics related to Second Age
Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Magic in town events

Post by Fireball »

Today's event in Trinsic on Barrier Isle was great fun, but spoiled greatly by the inability to use offensive spells in the guard zone.

Can you please turn this on for the next event? It's very frustrating to be unable to dispatch invaders (or corpse looters) because they come into the guard zone. Seems like you only want heavy tank melee players to be involved in these events. Today we had a looter running around with a fast connection and a halberd who was unable to be brought to justice because the guards were completely uninterested in him despite being grey and yet his recall spell worked just fine _whilst still grey_

Just spoils it.

Thanks

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Capitalist

Re: Magic in town events

Post by Capitalist »

Guard whack ability goes away after like 6 seconds.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Capitalist wrote:Guard whack ability goes away after like 6 seconds.
Yeah. That's what I'm saying. After that point you need to deliver a salvo before the creep (who's life I had saved twice) recalls away and that is not possible as it stands.

The other problem is that you get a big-arse monster 75% dead and then someone drags it into the guards and gets it whacked. Duh.

For me this makes these types of event pretty useless. Still fun, but little reward and no means of bringing the exploiters to justice.

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

allow magic in town period

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Midway through the event the GMs blocked the stairs that led into town so the spawn could not enter which stopped the guard whacking. Perhaps I misunderstood your post but I believe the problem was solved during the event.

Jay

Post by Jay »

If they won't "bring em back" I think mage duels/fights in town will make things a little more interesting around here.. and likely get some more people to log on. Although "inaccurate" it was considered before.. time for a new poll?
Derrick wrote:I don't know how everyone feels either. We've been considering allowing full spell damage in town for O/C only, and although it's entirely inaccurate, and goes somewhat against my pretty straightforward approach of 100% accuracy, it's at least an opt in system. Best thing to do to move the decision making process forward on this is to put up a poll.

There is no chance of us allowing spell damage in town for everyone, the one possible exception would be for O/C."

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

nubnub wrote:Midway through the event the GMs blocked the stairs that led into town so the spawn could not enter which stopped the guard whacking. Perhaps I misunderstood your post but I believe the problem was solved during the event.
I reported what was happening. I think it was blocked at roughly 4:15pm EST. The event ended at roughly 8, and around 50% of the possible attainable silver was guard whacked by the time it was blocked.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Its wierd to me that so many people said they enjoyed the event and how much fun was had.......yet they aren't "back"
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

People want PvP events.....

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Teriyl wrote:People want PvP events.....
one way to get people back is some new exciting fun right? People back equals more pvp right?
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

To clarify my original post: In my opinion magic should be turned on for everyone in town, but only when the event is running and only in that town which is "hosting" the event.

Turning on magic for order/chaos full time is a different matter and in terms of fairness I think that should be done. Not everyone wants to be a tank. Some people like to play mages as well, and if you are playing order/chaos and you are a mage at a bank, for example, you would have zero defence against any melee attacker.

AAMOI, did OSI turn on magic in towns at some point? I'm not certain because I left the main shards for Siege Perilous as soon as it was created and magic (and reds) were allowed in town there. I don't recall any issues involved with it although it was generally agreed among players (good oriented at least) that fighting would be kept to a minimum in town unless it was for stealing sigils and so on.

I've never really seen the point of offensive spells not working in town. If you attack a blue you will get guard whacked regardless of whether you use a magic spell or a halberd! It's even more ridiculous when you think about the fact that exploding potions are allowed!

Anyway, I don't think that turning magic off in a particular town for a particular event or even turning off guards in a particular town for the event would take anything from era accuracy.

FB

Xeldas

Post by Xeldas »

Fireball wrote:To clarify my original post: In my opinion magic should be turned on for everyone in town, but only when the event is running and only in that town which is "hosting" the event.
I agree with this.