Coming back to UO. Resolution question.

Topics related to Second Age
gh0st

Coming back to UO. Resolution question.

Post by gh0st »

Howdy. Just coming back to UO. Computers been upgraded quite a bit and got a bigger moniter. I never liked playing in full screen. Was wondering if its possible to make the Game Play Window any bigger than 800x600. its literally taking up about 20% of the corner of my screen and its kinda odd to play with that small of a window. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-gh0st-

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Coming back to UO. Resolution question.

Post by Patek »

In Razor under the "More Options" tab you can force the game window size to whatever res you choose. It can get weird above 1024x768 with possible black corners etc, but fiddle around and see what works best.

Welcome to UOSA too! If you need help starting out or getting hang of the ropes let me know and i'll see what i can do :)

Take care

- Patek

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

gh0st wrote:Howdy. Just coming back to UO.

-gh0st-
The client will only produce 800x600 <windowed>. That you know. Maybe someway to use Windows ease of access Magnifier on just the UO window.. somehow? You could pick up a cheap 19" flat screen LCD for 40 bucks used.. Use it as dual-view and send the client over there. :)
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

gh0st

Post by gh0st »

Thanks! I forgot about razor being able to do that. 1024x768 will work for now till i fiddle around a bit more. 800x600 on my Asus VS247H-P was a bit odd.. lol ty for the offer to help get back started but i logged in and have gold in the bank should, be set to get out with a dragon or two =P

-gh0st-

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

gh0st wrote:Thanks! I forgot about razor being able to do that. 1024x768 will work for now till i fiddle around a bit more. 800x600 on my Asus VS247H-P was a bit odd.. lol ty for the offer to help get back started but i logged in and have gold in the bank should, be set to get out with a dragon or two =P

-gh0st-
lmk if you're looking for a nice patio or 2!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

The Razor option to force the game size to 1024x768 has worked well for me. Being that we are all old farts now increasing the text size helps too, 8D. I thought I would want more game play size at first, but I forgot how many gumps I constantly use in Ultima. All the black space to keep bags/skills/journal/profile/spells/etc. is actually really helpful; one thing I've really liked is having a really big UOAM, I feel like I can see everything!
My name was Bombur I was from Baja - I played with a guild named CoJ and they made me smoke drugs.

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

double posted. weird.
Last edited by Fireball on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

I force 1100x850 on a 1920x1080 monitor and 1200x900 on a 1920x1200 monitor with no issues. Any bigger than that and you get black triangles all over the place as the screen doesn't seem to refresh fully.

As was said, it's quite nice with large modern wide screen monitors because you have plenty of room for paperdoll, open bags and spell/skill icons plus a UOAM window and the Razor window all visible at the same time without encroaching on your game play window.

You can of course play full screen (control enter) but that limits you to 1024x768 and then you would lose UOAM and the Razor window unless you can drag them onto a second monitor. It looks like crap like that on a 25 or 27 inch monitor anyway so I wouldn't bother!

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)