i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Topics related to Second Age
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Post by Menkaure »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Menkaure wrote:So the irc command shows how many IPS logged into the game, or logged into IRC?
Because that IRC channel will get 100s of folks, even folks that havent played in months/years.
The games a different story. Where are these 100s of people?
That's for the game. It tells you the following...

Server version
Total number of Mobiles
Total number of items
Total number of guilds
Total number of accounts online
Total number of unique IPs online
Total number of unique IPs for the day
Total current uptime
Forgive me Boom, Im not trying to be a smart ass. I really am curious. If your telling me theres "hundreDS" of unique ips on every day, where are they? Whenever someone logs off and logs back in, does their ip change? The last time I logged in there were 2 people at the GY chatting, 5 at WBB chatting, like 3 at Delucia, no one at any dungeon Hot Spots, and then maybe the rest macroing. It was pretty rough. Where are these hundreds of people?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Menkaure wrote: Forgive me Boom, Im not trying to be a smart ass. I really am curious. If your telling me theres "hundreDS" of unique ips on every day, where are they? Whenever someone logs off and logs back in, does their ip change? The last time I logged in there were 2 people at the GY chatting, 5 at WBB chatting, like 3 at Delucia, no one at any dungeon Hot Spots, and then maybe the rest macroing. It was pretty rough. Where are these hundreds of people?
It's not the place of staff to reveal the location of players in the game. An IP address is not assigned by the server, it has nothing to do with our shard. Googling how IPs work would be a good start but typically most people have a single IP.

As for "where they are" - modern day UO is about "hanging out in IRC" instead of hanging out in-game to chat, that's why most shards are littered with AFK people in towns and houses. I can say on any given day, people are in the wilderness, dungeons farming, camping IDOCs, camping each other's houses, dueling in a number of locations (active players who are active in the community know where to go these days).. just to name a few types of places.

Based on your question, it sounds like you logged in, checked a handful of spots and logged out. That's not how you find people to play UO with.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Menkaure wrote: Forgive me Boom, Im not trying to be a smart ass. I really am curious. If your telling me theres "hundreDS" of unique ips on every day, where are they? Whenever someone logs off and logs back in, does their ip change? The last time I logged in there were 2 people at the GY chatting, 5 at WBB chatting, like 3 at Delucia, no one at any dungeon Hot Spots, and then maybe the rest macroing. It was pretty rough. Where are these hundreds of people?
It's not the place of staff to reveal the location of players in the game. An IP address is not assigned by the server, it has nothing to do with our shard. Googling how IPs work would be a good start but typically most people have a single IP.

As for "where they are" - modern day UO is about "hanging out in IRC" instead of hanging out in-game to chat, that's why most shards are littered with AFK people in towns and houses. I can say on any given day, people are in the wilderness, dungeons farming, camping IDOCs, camping each other's houses, dueling in a number of locations (active players who are active in the community know where to go these days).. just to name a few types of places.

Based on your question, it sounds like you logged in, checked a handful of spots and logged out. That's not how you find people to play UO with.
No Boom, I actually havent logged in for months now.
Im saying the last time I played when I was ACTIVe, it was a freaking job to find someone not afk macroing or chatting at wbb.
You can diss me for not knowing how IPs work, and you can act like Im ignorant to the game, but you know how active I was and also how much I tried to get things going. The truth is, if there really are "hundreds" logging in every day, its to refresh a house and log out. Its a farce.
Its like a business saying "OVER 1,000 PEOPLE BUY OUR ENERGY DRINK EVERY DAY" But in reality they never buy it again after trying it once. Its a spin.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

montier

Post by montier »

Menkaure wrote:
Ali wrote:LOL

We have events.

They are not random. (Boom lets us know well ahead of time)

They are Trammy. (You don't lose your stuff upon dying)

They are weekly. (Usually on the weekends but sometimes weeknights.)

They are not all 1v1 red pot. (GMs are constantly trying new battle types.)

I'm sorry we don't have bag ball or a leader board yet. (I am guessing they are on the way in some form.)

YOU whined and cried and finally got what you wanted and you are still crying.

1) Don't mind me, I am whiner and negative nancy who trolls the message boards to grow my e-peen

2) I hate everything that isn't automated events. Even though Boomland is putting in way more effort into making this game awesome than I ever did(on his own time), I am going to act like a whiny bitch and not appreciate any of it.

3) I need automated events to grow my e-peen.

4) see 1)

I will crap on anything that isn't automated events. I have a bad attitude and cannot appreciate the hard work of others
Fixed.. Why don't you try adding some constructive criticism, Add input on what would make things better.. Actually do somethign that will make shard better instead of just whining and shedding wizard tears...
Last edited by montier on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Menkaure wrote: No Boom, I actually havent logged in for months now.
Im saying the last time I played when I was ACTIVe, it was a freaking job to find someone not afk macroing or chatting at wbb.
You can diss me for not knowing how IPs work, and you can act like Im ignorant to the game, but you know how active I was and also how much I tried to get things going.
I don't think I "dissed you" about not knowing how IPs work. I simply don't have the time to explain it in great detail - Googling it would give you a much better idea of how it works from professionals in that industry. I don't pretend to be an expert with how networks and IPs are assigned.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

montier wrote:
Menkaure wrote:

We have events.

I'm sorry we don't have bag ball or a leader board yet. (I am guessing they are on the way in some form.)

1) Don't mind me, I am whiner and negative nancy who trolls the message boards to grow my e-peen

2) I hate everything that isn't automated events. Even though Boomland is putting in way more effort into making this game awesome than I ever did(on his own time), I am going to act like a whiny bitch and not appreciate any of it.

4) see 1)

I will crap on anything that isn't automated events. I have a bad attitude and cannot appreciate the hard work of others
Fixed.. Why don't you try adding some constructive criticism, Add input on what would make things better.. Actually do somethign that will make shard better instead of just whining and shedding wizard tears...

You freaking kidding me right?
For years all I did was post my "constructive criticism" on what would make things better.
For years all I did was give ideas, hold events, give to newbs, try to help RPers like the orcs(like invading britain, giving them money to drop for dungeon invades etc). All I ever did was try to help. But because you dont know shit, thats your reply? Blow me. Go read through my insanely ridiculous 3700 posts, I guarantee 50% of them are opinions what can help the shard.
Go talk to people about my history, Ive tried to start the ignition many times.
Before you go and try to come at me again with that shit, educate yourself. I quit this game because I gave up trying to help it. Its pointless for me to repeat myself for the 10000th time on my opinion on how to fix it.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I know for a fact more and more are logging in, I just had a new Guild of players move in to my neighbor hood. Chatted with them for awhile and offered any help that I can give.

I find pvp everyday I play, or if I'm in the mood to farm a bit I do that. I've met pks while lock picking, while pking myself, and just running around.

Between staff and players, things have really been looking up lately. Vin and Elk have exciting stuff coming up, Delo with secret santa which by the early numbers looks like it's going to be a great time! Staff has been throwing in all kinds of little games,hunts, stories. I got to spend a little time helping PEE , and had a blast. Fun is out there gents, but don't expect someone to hold your hand and bring you to it. Create it!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

montier

Post by montier »

Menkaure wrote:
montier wrote:
Menkaure wrote:

We have events.

4) see 1)

You freaking kidding me right?
For years all I did was post my "constructive criticism" on what would make things better.
For years all I did was give ideas, hold events, give to newbs, try to help RPers like the orcs(like invading britain, giving them money to drop for dungeon invades etc). All I ever did was try to help. But because you dont know shit, thats your reply? Blow me. Go read through my insanely ridiculous 3700 posts, I guarantee 50% of them are opinions what can help the shard.
Go talk to people about my history, Ive tried to start the ignition many times.
Before you go and try to come at me again with that shit, educate yourself. I quit this game because I gave up trying to help it. Its pointless for me to repeat myself for the 10000th time on my opinion on how to fix it.
I thought you were cool as shit .. until around then time you quit.. then after you quit.. you got a bad attitude and became a negative nancy. Since then you have obsessed about automated events being the only thing that is good for the shard and have ignored anything else that is good.

I would love to see the old Menk, I liked him.. the current one sucks.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

montier wrote:
I thought you were cool as shit .. until around then time you quit.. then after you quit.. you got a bad attitude and became a negative nancy. Since then you have obsessed about automated events being the only thing that is good for the shard and have ignored anything else that is good.

I would love to see the old Menk, I liked him.. the current one sucks.
I stopped getting on the boards about 2 weeks after I quit. I did troll for a while, but me "bitching" about events was only fighting for what I believed could save the server.
You see what else could be done to bring population back? They tried advertising, Ive tried giving all new players gold/items/houses etc(until Gork looted my crib then I had nothing left except a couple hundred K in the bank and didnt really feel like buying regs/weaps/items etc again.
Anyway, what else could be done? I made an orc, got some of the orcs together for some fun events, invades etc; But when I didnt have time, it never would continue. So that killed that idea.
The tourneys myself, AShe, Vin and others have held only last so long. You can only duel the same people so many times.
So after trial and error, I have found people care about 3 things in this game, Silver/rare items, PvP, and reputation(not glorious lord, but actual "street cred"). The reason Auto Events were so popular were because of the silver rewards, and the big book of E-peen rankings (reputation).
Of course there are those that just want to farm/craft/be a vendor, but thats not the majority. IDOCS are popular, know why? Pvp, and the chance to get items.
Why do people take so many screen shots when they kill someone? Reputation.
So, in short, there you have it. With Auto Events, it gives the people the chance to win items, pvp, and highten their repuation. I also want to make sure Im understood, toruneys can be re-created, but how you bring those farmers, crafters, tamers, vendors, and explorer folks out to meet and greet the community is via events like Capture the Flag, Bagball, Dom, etc etc
So yea, Ill sit here and yell from the hilltops every time I stop by to "bring em back" and it will do no good. But, it is what it is.
The biggest problems with games that die and are recreated is lack of evolution. I get era accuracy, but unless you evolve, people can max out and get bored. Theres a reason WoW has a million Expansions. If you want this game to flourish, do 1 of 2 things, evolve and bring em back, or wipe and start over.
See you in another few weeks. Keep thinking this shard can be fixxed otherwise.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Jay

Post by Jay »

blah blah blah. beb.
Attachments
aw.jpg
airs.jpg
balrons.jpg
bloods.jpg
dems.jpg
destard.jpg
elders.jpg
fire.jpg
gy-east.jpg
gy-front.jpg

Jay

Post by Jay »

Attachments
lame.jpg
lich.jpg
ll.jpg
yew lich.jpg

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

As usual, Jay knows that a picture is worth a thousand words.

PS
Hi Jay.
Remember that time you skyped me and told me that events were back and I got all excited and was so happy, then found out it was a prank and made me cry? Fun times!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Btw I was in that LL pic. Albeit doing some lockpicking. Was trying to stealth my way to your backpack but you didn't stay long.
:(

I'm all for any events. Auto or otherwise. But right now if you are logging in JUST to have 5v5 fielding or whatever, you're probably going to be a little disappointed if its not a worthwhile idoc.
Otherwise, there is more and more "random" action out there. Recalling around for 20 seconds in each past prominent area of the game isn't going to get it done though.
Post 500 more of the same pics in the same areas at a 15-20 min interval. Then repeat over a week or three. Then perhaps they would speak louder.( Don't forget to not include timestamps :roll: )
I'm not saying we are in a prosperous populated time of the server, but more and more are enjoying playing again.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Just some of the recent stuff that i found without really looking. Theres plenty of action, plenty of field fights, plenty of duels, even some survival recently. if you ask someone who actually plays, its fine.
been better, been worse, looking up though.