I am remembering how mind numbing starting new is...

Topics related to Second Age
Mike Hawk

I am remembering how mind numbing starting new is...

Post by Mike Hawk »

Have not played since wayyyyy back when. I think I closed my account in 2000. I left because of how much the game changed. I love the spirit of this shard!

I forget how mind numbing it is to start with nothing and know no one! Are there any guilds aimed at helping new characters, or useful words on how to start up a quick bank role to fund characters? I could not tell what there was a heavy market for in this trading post.

Thanks!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I am remembering how mind numbing starting new is...

Post by Mens Rea »

Some people like shearing sheep and collecting cotton. Bandages sell pretty well, you see.

Monsters are still dumb in this era, so if can trap them and cast low level spells on them if you want to go down that route.

Ingots sell well too.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

make a bard with healing

you'll need healing to build any pvp chars

macro a tamer afk while making your bard/using your bard

bards take ~5-6 days to complete if you have all of the resources

tamers are the best for farming... good to have later while supported by your bard

make your bard on your non-main account (diff accounts for diff templates) so you can use it for healing for the rest of your Sosarian days

listening to Mens Rea is a sure way to do things wrong
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Thanks for the hot tips, let me paraphrase:

"make gm tamer. make useless bard with healing. macro so i can afk kill u."

Wow - prophetic.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Easiest, least effort ways to get some money going are Lumberjacking (in guard zone) and Provocation (out of guard zone). Taming is really good to have as Vega said, just make sure to read all the guides available to make getting it up quickly as easy as possible.

Lumberjacking (start with at least 50 magery):
Hit up Deluccia in the T2A lands for lumberjacking and you'll be chopping a tonne of boards entirely within guard zone. Sell the boards on the forum. This is relatively easy to macro as well (make sure its attended as its resource gathering) so you can have it going on a second screen/window while you do provo :D.

Provocation (again, start with 50 magery, 49 of something else and 1 music [so you get a blessed instrument]):
You'll be at cyclops valley and destard mainly with these. Macro up provocation and music in town (not Brit, you'll get bombed) then carry as little as possible and bank every 5 - 10k.

Taming (taming 50 and magery 50):
Read all the guides and get this going then you can smash Lich Lords, Bloods or Elder Gyzers.

Overall though the best advice I can give is smash the forums and read all the guides as lots of people (myself included) have been where you are now. Stick at it, get on IRC and post on the forums and you'll meet people and be chatting/hunting/pvping/IDOC'ing in no time.

Welcome to UOSA too :) If you ever see me in game or on the forums shoot me a message and i'll hook you up with some items to help you out.

Hades Grimm

Post by Hades Grimm »

ill help you out man, ive got some spare gold for you

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Mike Hawk wrote:
I forget how mind numbing it is to start with nothing and know no one! Are there any guilds aimed at helping new characters, or useful words on how to start up a quick bank role to fund characters? I could not tell what there was a heavy market for in this trading post.
NEW and NIP are two great guilds that accept newbies. Look for Blitz, Doogie (Rhett Butler), or Kyrie(me) in game if you're interested in joining NIP. Though I don't play often anymore, the other two are very active. You can also find them in IRC. PM theGods here on the forums for NEW. I'm not certain about his IRC name though.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Just beg someone on IRC or in-game for like 20k gold. It's not a lot for the super-rich here, so it should be easy.

Use that on regs, and macro magery using a guide on the forums here. Cast the spells (lightening, EB, Flamestrike) on yourself and have an alt (a future dexer) heal you to gain healing.

Once you have 75ish magery, use your left over money to buy some EV scrolls. Take them with you to hunt monsters like blood elementals, dragons, or whatever works these days.

You will earn cash, fame/karma, magic items, eventually GM magery. Have your warrior spar your mage so you gain healing on him and wrestle on the mage.

When all is said and done, you can have a near 5x mage (with just like 80-90 resist) and a general 5x dexer. From here you can specialize your characters and do PVP, or turn tmapper, thief, bard, or whatever you want.

Good way to start the game while actively playing.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

what? Best way is definitely fletching

heres a small guide I made:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45914

the funnest way? swords/bard imo. (like vega said above) start with 50 healing and 50.. provo? buy the rest up to 30 and go mess around in shame level 1. On your off time macro music/provo/stats

seriously though, fletching rocks. Don't get a hand out because you'll just take the cash and start afk macroing and won't even get to play. lame. :oops: