Item Identification, going back to 'a magic ___' on trade

Topics related to Second Age
Conan

Item Identification, going back to 'a magic ___' on trade

Post by Conan »

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if this is how it's intended.

I have a crafter alt with item ID (still training, not GM yet) but when I use him to ID my other characters' items, they just say "a magic whatever" once they are traded back.

After trading, IDing and trading back didn't work, I tried identifying them while they were still equipped on my main character. Still no luck.

So is there anyway to 'transfer' the identified item's name when I hand it back from my crafter? Or do you just have to remember what it was and that's that?

Treysta

Re: Item Identification, going back to 'a magic ___' on trad

Post by Treysta »

Identifying items only reveals the item type for the character that identified them, sadly.

The way people get around this is by sorting them into predetermined boxes, like a "thunder fencing" box, or a "fortified armor" box that they can easily reference later when attempting to retrieve said items.
^

Conan

Post by Conan »

Treysta wrote:Identifying items only reveals the item type for the character that identified them, sadly.

The way people get around this is by sorting them into predetermined boxes, like a "thunder fencing" box, or a "fortified armor" box that they can easily reference later when attempting to retrieve said items.
Okay :cry: I was afraid that was the case. Thank you for the info.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Just a heads up in case you find some identified magic items that you did not ID - Earlier in UOSA item ID/wands functioned as youd expect, items that were identified were visible to all players, after the 2010~ patch this functionallity ceased to exist. However items that had been identified prior to the patch still remain identified to all players.

So you can still find some pre identified weapons/armor around, these are generally considered to be somewhat rare.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Soma wrote:So you can still find some pre identified weapons/armor around, these are generally considered to be somewhat rare.
If you find one of these pre-patch permanently identified items that happens to be a "chainmail tunic of defence" put in your bank account and advertise it on the forums, it'd probably sell for multiple castle deeds :P.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

smelt it
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I thought if you used the skill item ID while the item is on your vendor it becomes revealed to everyone? Does it not work like this?

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

@
Last edited by ultra on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

So you can still find some pre - identified weapons/armor around, these are generally considered to be somewhat rare
This is interesting, I have a thief with GM Item ID and I occasionally see items pop back up again which I've previously ID'd, stolen and sold. I thought that's what was happening anyway, but I guess there's no way to determine whether something is pre-patch or has just come full circle?

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Kasper_Valentine wrote:This is interesting, I have a thief with GM Item ID and I occasionally see items pop back up again which I've previously ID'd, stolen and sold. I thought that's what was happening anyway, but I guess there's no way to determine whether something is pre-patch or has just come full circle?
Logically, if the ID-thief had been the only one of your characters to (originally) identify any such item, examine the item with an alt (who could/would never have ID'd it, him/herself): pre-patch would be identified on the alt character; post-patch, not.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

Ah of course !

Thank you Sighelm. Image