Gaining in tactics with 2 PC fighting

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Gaining in tactics with 2 PC fighting

Post by randale »

This is what I'm doing right now, but the one who has a lower wrestling (it was higher until I had the other one train it at an NPC) hasn't gained even a +0.1 to tactics (it's 54) when fighting the other alt, what has to be true it order for this to work, the one with lower wrestling also has her wrestling locked, could that have anything to do with it?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Gaining in tactics with 2 PC fighting

Post by Roser »

You wont gain much skill while fighting a player alt, you need to be fighting an NPC.

Hire them from Jhelom, Fighters for below 80 skill, Paladin for above 80 skill.

Trap them between table so that they don't move, attack from a distance, then invis/hide yourself, this will cause the NPC to leave war mode while you are still in, the NPC will no longer attack you while you freely beat/heal him.

randale

Post by randale »

You wont gain much skill while fighting a player alt, you need to be fighting an NPC.

Hire them from Jhelom, Fighters for below 80 skill, Paladin for above 80 skill.
Someone said I should just simply hire the paladin only, that way I get all the way to GM without the fighter.
Trap them between table so that they don't move, attack from a distance, then invis/hide yourself, this will cause the NPC to leave war mode while you are still in, the NPC will no longer attack you while you freely beat/heal him.
But after he goes out of war mode do you have to STILL attack them from a distance (the only way to physically attack someone that way I know is with archery) or can I use just plain wrestling? And, I'm wondering if I should do this in my house, since hiding success is automatic.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You can use a paladin all the way to GM, but a fighter for below 80 will be slightly faster. Not a big deal either way.

The attack sequence is as follows:

Attack trapped NPC > invis or hide yourself > move beside the NPC. (Do not attack the NPC after the invis/hide)

The act of invis/hiding will cause the NPC to leave war mode and stop attacking while you are still in war mode and are still attacking.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

you can gm off a fighter in a few hours with high dex. If you have no house then make your npc stand the other side of a table in a shop, say all guard me, hide or invis, attack. as long as your more then 1 tile away from npc it won't attack you.

Also find the best NPC you can, one with chainmail that costs over 100gp ie 103gp+

randale

Post by randale »

Attack trapped NPC > invis or hide yourself > move beside the NPC. (Do not attack the NPC after the invis/hide)
If I don't attack the NPC after the invis/hide how can I gain in tactics?
The act of invis/hiding will cause the NPC to leave war mode and stop attacking while you are still in war mode and are still attacking.
Ok, but you said don't attack them after the invis/hide (hiding doesn't wear off but the invis spell does) if I don't, I won't gain in tactics.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I don't know how much more clear I can be with this. You are going to have to just try it in game and figure it out for yourself.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Whenever I was training any combat skill, I would/will use a paladin. No need messing
around with a fighter. Now it may have taken a few days to find a paladin, but I just waited,
checking all the locations they are normally.

Randale you don't have to worry about the hiding/attacking thing, I could never get it to work for me.
So I just got them into my house and blocked them in and started the training. Using a alt healer
and trainee. Its also a great way to train a healer, with GM anat, a 50 healer will keep trainee/paladin alive.

I have an empty house you can use anytime your ready to train, as many chars as you want, for as long as you want.

Send me a pm and Ill get you set up. Its really no big deal.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

randale

Post by randale »

Rose wrote:I don't know how much more clear I can be with this. You are going to have to just try it in game and figure it out for yourself.
It's a little simpler than you think. It's just you were a little contradictory, you said don't attack them after I invis, so I'm thinking this

1. Box them in with tables
2. Attack the NPC with a ranged attack (I don't have archery, so I think I will just attack them with wrestling)
3. Hide/invis- this will cause them to go out of war mode.
4. When I exit invis, I will be attacking the NPC but the NPC will not be attacking me back (I think is what you are saying)
5. Have a healer heal the NPC while my toon hits them

Also, the person I want to make a co-owner of the house (who will be training tactics) is on the same account as the owner (I wish there were a way to add someone by name rather than having to click the target on them) so I can't add them as a co-owner, but would this work- transfer house ownership to a toon on another account (I hope co-owners stay if I do this) then have that char make the person a co-owner, than transfer ownership back to the original owner.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

All chars on the same account as owner should automatically be co-owners even if it doesnt show them on the co-owner list. So your 2nd char (on same account) you want to add as co-owner is all ready a co-owner since its on same account.

If I am mistaken please let me know.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

That is correct. All characters on the same account are instant co-owners.

I just did this with a couple accounts I setup for my daughters to play with me and it worked like a champ. I used a fighter and had great gains with 100 star and 100 dex.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Orion GM B^D wrote:Whenever I was training any combat skill, I would/will use a paladin. No need messing
around with a fighter. Now it may have taken a few days to find a paladin, but I just waited,
checking all the locations they are normally.

Randale you don't have to worry about the hiding/attacking thing, I could never get it to work for me.
So I just got them into my house and blocked them in and started the training. Using a alt healer
and trainee. Its also a great way to train a healer, with GM anat, a 50 healer will keep trainee/paladin alive.

I have an empty house you can use anytime your ready to train, as many chars as you want, for as long as you want.

Send me a pm and Ill get you set up. Its really no big deal.
takes about 6 hours to gm with a fighter and you wait days to find a paladin? makes no sense.

also the hide invis 'thing' means you can make a new char with 10 str and 60 dex and not worry about dying....

It's sooooo simple only a retard can't get it to work, here is a video that took me 3-4 mins to record.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Re: jimm1432's video,

if you come out of hiding by saying, "all stay", or "[NPC's name] stay", the NPC will stand in-place; useful if you are beating the NPC to death, and need to give an alt more time to heal it.

SS

P.S. In my experience, there are always 3-4 paladins in Delucia, but it might be extremely inconvenient for any new player to try to hire one of them (but, perhaps, a friend of the new player could go fetch one rather easily).

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

The last time I did this (probably a few months back now) I simply boxed the paladin into a corner of my house and then started attacking/healing him with the character I wanted skill on. I then used a separate character to cast invisibility on the first so they could continue whacking. The paladin would stop attacking and I could continue bashing and healing without fear.

Bish, bash, bosh; job done. Image

randale

Post by randale »

I got it to work finally. But, maybe I need a certain fighter to gain in Tactics. I hired Neala, and am in my house having one toon fight her and another heal her. My tactics is at 54.9, and my wrestling is at 27.2 (modified by stats) I'm not at the skillcap and haven't gained a single 0.1 in the last hour.