well...

Topics related to Second Age
versair

well...

Post by versair »

Hello. Some may not care about what I'm going to say, make that most.

It is unbelievable how un-enjoyable this server is to play on. I understand that player killing is a part of the game. It's sad just how many people enjoy griefing others. I've had my account on the server close to 4 years. And in that 4 years I have not met a single person outside of town who hasn't tried to kill me. It's already rare enough to have any kind of interaction due to the low player base. but for the majority of the player base to be PKs is just not fun. I cannot find a reason to continue playing. I hope the server does well.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: well...

Post by Galendae »

Where is the idoc?

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Simple 3 options

1. Learn to fight
2. Learn to recall
3. sounds like you are doing the 3rd one, cya

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

You obviously have not ran into me. I wouldn't have tried to kill you but I'm here to just play and have fun. There are enough pks to attack me to not need to pk. There are tons of good people on here. But like Happy said, there are 3 options. I'm pretty sure if I recall on OSI servers it was far worse then this. I was from ATL and it was all about PVP and PK.

Elwind

Post by Elwind »

Hello friend, sadly I think that's what happens when the population is distilled down to the most hardcore. Even a lot of people who weren't previously PKs may get bored and go that route just for variety.

To that end though, I would say there are still decent people playing, just a tad hard to find, and like you it sometimes saddens me that they are sparsely located, but they are definitely there. I do enjoy the constant danger of PKs, and they're also often a cool and social bunch, just not when you don't know them + are on the receiving end of murder.

I do hope you check out the server again sometime. Hopefully as time goes on there can be a new sense of community development that helps out new players without suppressing the dangerous element.

Ali

Post by Ali »

4 Years! :lol:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

If you have 4 years behind you on this server you should have at least 1 toon setup to hold your own. If you need help getting back on your feet hit me up on PM. Don't give up on the best UO server there is.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

I run into ppl who i consider friends in game alot who have pks and will still try to get me with their pks, most the time they are running in pairs. I got gm resist, keep trap pouches on me, and keep a fairly decent amount of gcures, gheal, and refresh pots on me. Usually I can get a kick out of them trying to kill me and toy with them before i recall out, if i get too cocky im a goner. Running into pk's is part of the game, but I suggest looking up the reds you are running into on myuosa and check out their skills/stats. Most of them all ready died and ressed in stat loss so they are not complete builds. Most the time you can take them 1v1 if you hold your ground.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Hey, OP,

Yes, the server is filled with sadistic misanthropes who are attracted, like bugs to a bug-zapper, by the rule-set: most of these same misanthropes can't cope with the LOS bug, though, so that should give you some insight as to how those misanthropes deserve to be perceived.

Becoming disheartened is understandable.

On the other hand, you claim to have been playing here (I guess with little regularity) for 4 years, but create a forum account only today to simultaneously introduce yourself and say, "goodbye" ... the greater UOSA community possesses, and always has possessed, numerous resources that continue to sustain the player-base, including the non-PK player-base.

If you look at the Guilds page, for example, you will see NEW, a newbie-helper guild (non-newbies, I am sure, would be welcome as officers/counsellors), MoB (mercantile-oriented, but I am sure that almost anyone might find friends there), and the Silver Serpent Society (me: a non-PK PvM guild); otherwise, throughout the Forums, you would stand to meet all sorts of folks, not all of whom are unsavoury.

Were you willing to roll-up a PvPer, you might contact FearItself who (I think, still) runs a PvP/AntiPK guild: I can't speak for anyone else, but such folks might have your back when you are PvMing, or "avenge" you when you've been Pked, or assist in your own pursuit of justice/vengeance. There are other guilds/players here who are known to be Anti-PK (quis pket ipsos pktors?).

All of the people I know in-game (with only 1 exception, thus far, and it's a RL exception), I have come to know as a result of continued interaction that began in these forums.

Instead of ending your first four years at UOSA by joining the forums, rather, I suggest that you start the next 4 years at UOSA by joining the forums. Gee, today is the day that you joined the forums!

Whatever, wherever, you do, good luck.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

versair

Post by versair »

I was in no way trying to badmouth the server. And I have not been active the the entirety of the time i've been here. I was simply alluding to the fact that yes, I HAVE become disheartened by the ammount of griefing. I never wanted to say that PK shouldn't be a part of the game. And I can hold my own sometimes. I'm not the greatest player. But the level of fun vs the level of not fun I have is not enough to keep me playing.

Like I said, I wish the server the best and happy gaming!

EDIT: also after re-reading my initial post, I may have been a little angry at that exact moment. playing on the server was not completely un-enjoyable. It just wasn't enjoyable enough. I hope people can understand. I guess, in a nutshell, It comes down to me not enjoying playing with people who enjoy griefing others. maybe I'm too much of a carebear.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

This was going to be an insightful post, but is now a bookmark.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

After 4 years of playing surely by now you should have been comfortable with the amount of griefing that goes on. Also, it took 4 years for you to create a forum account and even then it's just so you can vent about your most recent grief? Or is it more likely you have another account and just dont want people to know who you really are?

But in the case that you really are a new forum user, all questions you may have on proper forum rage etiquette should be PM'd to Apoc.

Dudekisser

Post by Dudekisser »

I can't say I really blame him. The griefing around here is pretty fun but there's quite a lot of it, and I can see that getting tiring for some over the long haul.

I have noticed some people do have some kind of honor code where they don't seem to grief new players as much. I can't help but think that's overall good for the player base if more people did that (and/or helped new people learn the ropes/expectations of this era of UO)

versair

Post by versair »

PorkTornado wrote:After 4 years of playing surely by now you should have been comfortable with the amount of griefing that goes on. Also, it took 4 years for you to create a forum account and even then it's just so you can vent about your most recent grief? Or is it more likely you have another account and just dont want people to know who you really are?

But in the case that you really are a new forum user, all questions you may have on proper forum rage etiquette should be PM'd to Apoc.

Funny. but my name on server is the same, so whatever. not here to convince you. and like the poster below you, it was more a culmination of things happening over time. the headache became too much. This is not a hard concept to grasp....