What inspired your character's name(s) and/or forum name?

Topics related to Second Age
Apocalypse

What inspired your character's name(s) and/or forum name?

Post by Apocalypse »

I've often wondered this and finally decided to post about it. I've known several people throughout the years with character names that I figured must have come from somewhere and just never asked or thought about it at the time. For instance, I've recently been reading a book series called "The Wheel of Time". Some of you may know this series. Back on OSI, I remember playing for a while with a guy who's character was named Lews Therin, and never knew where that came from. Now, after reading that series, nearly 20 years after knowing that guy, I know that the main character is The Dragon Reborn, who is the reincarnated Lews Therin Telamon (<<<notice the other name in that that brings to light the probable origin of the name of a former player here).

I'll start. My main has been Apocalypse for a long time. It started back on OSI when I wanted to come up with a name for a mage character that sounded very powerful and destructive/evil (although that seems the opposite of the type of player I am, probably). Being a long time X-Men fan as a kid, I always liked the character Apocalypse. That and the fact that an apocalypse would be the ultimate destruction of the world/civilization/etc. Not the most intriguing origin of a name, but it is what it is.

Anyway, some of your names have pretty obvious origins (looking at you, Happy Gilmore), and maybe others think that their choice of name is nothing interesting, but I'm curious. Let me know! :)

Capitalist

Re: What inspired your character's name(s) and/or forum name

Post by Capitalist »

I'm a market manipulator.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Rockle

Post by Rockle »

Isn't Vega a star? Like an actual star in the universe?
esco - Today at 2:13 PM
Master Jace you're so sexy
Image Image

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

8=========>
Last edited by FakeEcaj on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rockle

Post by Rockle »

I'm Ecaj :D
Image Image

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

Yeah, I know.

Rockle

Post by Rockle »

This is a good post, I've always wondered the same about other players.
Rockle comes from me as a 6-7 year old thinking of a cool name for my first world of Warcraft character - a troll warrior.
Ecaj is my first name backwards, Jace.
Elkcor comes from Rockle backwards.
Image Image

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

I used to be a sailor in the navy. overseas in the bars every chance i got.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Grofus came from a madeup spinoff name of the Goofus and Galiant toon in the highlights kids magazine. I wanted him to be ridiculous but virtuous at the same time. The original OSI Grofus was in all caps on accident GROFUS! I have rolled with it every since. My other toon Speghat was from when I had a small house on OSI near occlo wilderness right on a spawn point. Every day several monsters would barricade my inside my own house and there was always an orc captain there named Speghat, so naturally when I rolled up my Siege Perilous URK guild toon it had to be that. Speghat was also my main raider on WoW and Star Wars Old Republic.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

My roommate had 2 Beta accounts in '97, one for him and one for his 8 year old son. I had avoided this new "RPG" game like the plague, because it looked way too time-consuming. Eventually I got around to making a mage character on the 2nd account and built the toon up over a couple of weeks getting one-shotted in the east woods by archer mages, and farming skeletons in Covetous.

Anyway, my roomie wanted to run out his PK one night and asked me if I wanted to go along to be his healer. He asked what my magery was at on the one character, and I told him it was still in the mid 60's as I had been working up my Bard skills. He looked at me like I was mildly retarded and said:

"Bards are about as useful in PVP as a Used Kotex".

Hence.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Gork

Post by Gork »

Warhammer 40k

Gork & Mork

Gork and Mork - the deities of the Orks

Gork and Mork are the Gods of the Orks, the echoes of the Greenskin race in the Empyrean, the fathers of the WAAAGH! and all-round thugz. Gork is brutal but kunnin' and Mork is kunnin' but brutal. What more is there to say? Look at them wrong and they'll kick yer teef in. Whilst Gork smashes you over the head with his huge spiked club, Mork will give you a staggering low blow, demonstrating the kunnin-ness and brutality of the Orkish Gods.

I was into warhammer 40k around the time of UO during beta testing when I first played UO and have used the name for years.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Im better known as Chubbs Peterson here, but on Great Lakes I was Happy Gilmore while my real life friends were Chubbs Peterson and Shooter McGavin. On UOSA I made one on each account.

I have a char LongFellow that I pull out of a poetry book.

and my thief Oliver Goods is just a play on words "All of your Goods"

and my murdering tinkerer Tinkle is just funny to open a trap chest to see the words "You were killed by Tinkle".

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

I used this forum name as an actual character name on OSI, where I played on Great Lakes and Lake Superior from around beta until some time after Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.

I do not (yet) have a character named "Violator" here, so if you've been scammed and/or PK'd by "Violator", it wasn't me.

I'd love to be able to tell you some great story about how I came up with the name, but it simply comes from the Depeche Mode album by the same name, which I was listening to at the time I needed to decide on a name.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

G.I Joe

Post by G.I Joe »

BECAUSE AMERICA!
HELP MAKE UOSA GREAT AGAIN!
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/3709
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65299 [CONFIRMED KILLS]