how much does it cost to gm poisoning from 50?

Topics related to Second Age
Freeza

how much does it cost to gm poisoning from 50?

Post by Freeza »

was going to roll up a poison dexxer depending on the cost- thanks all!

Also, if i don't want alchemy just poisoning, do I just buy kegs of the poison level I need from vendors?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Chumpbucket

Re: how much does it cost to gm poisoning from 50?

Post by Chumpbucket »

Yeah buy kegs from vendors if your not working alch. Also it does cost a bit figure around 60k, Takes alot of poison to get the last like five points, you can poison fish steaks or weps, fish steaks work pretty good, also you can poison the same wep over and over again. Their is a good guide in WIKI. :mrgreen:

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Chumpbucket wrote:Yeah buy kegs from vendors if your not working alch. Also it does cost a bit figure around 60k, Takes alot of poison to get the last like five points, you can poison fish steaks or weps, fish steaks work pretty good, also you can poison the same wep over and over again. Their is a good guide in WIKI. :mrgreen:
really only 60k? if that's the case i'm all over that. I thought it would be much more than that heh
Markmosthandsome wrote:

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i dunno where this guy is getting 60k. it took me about 260k or so to do it. that was doing greater poison from around 65 all the way to GM, never using deadly poison. you can do it a little faster with deadly poison in the 90's but it would get insanely expensive if you did.

poisoning is probably the most expensive of the "crafting" skills to GM.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

ClowN wrote:i dunno where this guy is getting 60k. it took me about 260k or so to do it. that was doing greater poison from around 65 all the way to GM, never using deadly poison. you can do it a little faster with deadly poison in the 90's but it would get insanely expensive if you did.

poisoning is probably the most expensive of the "crafting" skills to GM.
Ah, at that cost, I may skip it. As much as I want it on my dexxer, that is quite costly.
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Eldarth

Post by Eldarth »

Is it even worth it as a skill? For pvm for example...
Eldarth - the newbiest newbie

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Eldarth wrote:Is it even worth it as a skill? For pvm for example...
For DP weapons on monsters it could be. My ev's suck against balrons, but there poison destroys them.
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Panama Red

Post by Panama Red »

yea i spent well over 200k and im at 96.5 poisoning!

rofl @ 60k! you wish bud

Chumpbucket

Post by Chumpbucket »

I was a little of on the amount but I've not spent over 80k, now I haven't gmed poison yet and it could take another 120-160k from where I'm at but I doubt it probably more like 40-60k. so total would be around 140-160k which is still cheaper than what you guys have posted. But their is no reason to gm poison, the applied dp has the same result. So I guess its upto you if you want to go all the way. Maybe try a different macro or something try and be more cost effective. Also probably cheaper to work you're own Alch. at the same time. I'm currently between 97 and 98 poison. :mrgreen:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Chumpbucket wrote:I was a little of on the amount but I've not spent over 80k, now I haven't gmed poison yet and it could take another 120-160k from where I'm at but I doubt it probably more like 40-60k. so total would be around 140-160k which is still cheaper than what you guys have posted. But their is no reason to gm poison, the applied dp has the same result. So I guess its upto you if you want to go all the way. Maybe try a different macro or something try and be more cost effective. Also probably cheaper to work you're own Alch. at the same time. I'm currently between 97 and 98 poison. :mrgreen:
There is absolutely a reason to GM poisoning. The chance to hit with poison is based on the "Poisoners" skill, not the weapon holder. So a gm, would poison a weapon (or food) to hit with poison 100/25 = 25% chance. The incriments are stepped, so currently your sub-par weapons are only hitting with abot a 20%.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

ya i thought poisoning bonuses to combat came around the same time as lumberjacking/mining bonuses, POST t2a.... am i wrong?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Bakishwaka wrote:ya i thought poisoning bonuses to combat came around the same time as lumberjacking/mining bonuses, POST t2a.... am i wrong?
There is no poisoning bonus here, BUT, poisoning on a dexer allows you to refill your weapons poison on the fly, (poisoning vanqs ect..) Plus DP runs out so fast, you almost have to have poisoning unless you want to use a new weapon every 10-12 hits. It sounds odd, but it really works out well.

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

1'd say a 100k to 140k to Gm from fifty.My guild supplied the NS for my poisoner/alch. so I haven't kept great track on cost just night shade. Depends on bursts in skill gain.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Can you poison yourself on failed attempts to poison a weap?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, you have a chance to poison yourself if you fail.