A healing bot..

Topics related to Second Age
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A healing bot..

Post by Teknix »

i've been wondering how difficult it would be to run a healing bot, or a character that would follow you around and heal characters in a party if they typed a certain guild message. has this ever been done before?

the 7 skills i'm thinking of would

magery
med
eval
resist
wrestle
heal
anat

he could bandage himself and drink potions...could he possibly throw explo potions at enemies or am i asking for too much :lol:
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Faust

Re: A healing bot..

Post by Faust »

I honestly don't know if this would be possible or not. However, this could only be attempted with a program that would get you banned in a matter of a few minutes after using it. This is not possible under any legal or normal circumstances.

Downs

Post by Downs »

It may be possible with some ridiculous razor macroing thats prolly not worth the effort.

guild chat is a system message so if u constantly looped a bunch of "if sys message=" whatever u could do it. my guess is it wouldnt work out too well for ya
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

If guild chat is indeed a system message then I definitely think this would be possible. The message you pick to say could prompt the healer to heal you with bandages and if you are too far away then he could immediately cast GH instead.

Edit: I just noticed you said "heal members in a party." This would probably be more difficult but would just entail more than one if statement with the other party member(s) being the target instead of you and of course having them say a different guild message to prompt the macro.

I don't know how well it would work if you all tried to get healed at once though.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

it could be done if you moved slowly so it coudl follow
with a simple alt click

and heal certain targets when given certain party mesasges

would work
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Generic

Post by Generic »

I belive I saw an RPV of someone doing this very thing (atleast he was being accused of it), it was posted on the Divinity forums. It worked damn well.

XaN

Post by XaN »

As long as the people you are fighting don't attack the bot and or realise its a heal bot before you killed them you are ok. Don't ever assume this could work in field PvP. I would say your best hope of making this work "to heal all group members" is if you had it placed in a house in a position where he could see everyone and not at risk of being seen itself.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

yeah the whole thing is just an idea...i know the guild messages would make it work, but that is where my knowledge at this point stops. i'll look into how some sort of crazy razor macro on a loop could possible work and to what extent.

each guild member would have a macro for guild message heal and greater heal. could even have magic arrow macro in case of paralyze. i dont know how long this list of If commands would be, but i think its possible. i'm thinking you could also have it attack the closest grey humanoid or enemy and then everybody follow or sync on that person.

what about that? 'remote attacking' with guild messages?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Teknix wrote:yeah the whole thing is just an idea...i know the guild messages would make it work, but that is where my knowledge at this point stops. i'll look into how some sort of crazy razor macro on a loop could possible work and to what extent.

each guild member would have a macro for guild message heal and greater heal. could even have magic arrow macro in case of paralyze. i dont know how long this list of If commands would be, but i think its possible. i'm thinking you could also have it attack the closest grey humanoid or enemy and then everybody follow or sync on that person.

what about that? 'remote attacking' with guild messages?
Toss me a PM in IRC and I can show you some cool razor+Uo client features :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

this is all possible via razor macros, it takes a lot of thinking and bug ironing, but it is definately possible. Ask derrick about it, long ago i showed him my nice lil sync macro via razor, that i would have three characters all sync on same target at the push of a button at my old tower by chaos shrine, derrick and mah* were both there, and we all had a great time, but i was told then, and i'm sure you will prolly be told the same thing now- use of auto mac's w/ razor for purpose of pvp, is very borderline if not illegal to use, when it pretains to pvp. atleast that's what i was told then.
anyhow- derrick you remember that? was some funny shit, i can't remember the exact dmg my three bots did, but it was pretty leathal, considering they all had vanq heavy x bows. ;)

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

dont know why you guys think it would be hard to do this in razor, would be simple as shit.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

I think just learn to heal without wasting 100k+ on a template that will indeed fail. "casting G heal, Target myself or party members" HOLY SHIT THIS IS TOUGH..!! "scripts huge waste of time".
-D- Dreadlord XII

Teph

Post by Teph »

its possible but would really only be good against monsters

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

The only real hard part is having it keep up with you. Using [g and razor, you could make it heal you and keep itself healed easily. Would be great in a one versus one fight: even if they attacked it rather than you, they'd be wasting mana and leaving themselves open to attack. More than one opponent though would probably keep it from being worth using. I used to set up a healer bot at the bank to heal and cure my mace thief. Worked well, usually. Of course, it didn't move and it couldn't be attacked in town.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

chumbucket wrote:The only real hard part is having it keep up with you.
The UO client has a built in feature (and I'm not talking about "auto-follow") that lets you control the movements of an unlimited number of clients, it takes a lot of user skill to make this useful but it is indeed very possible and easy to get the hang of (though for pvp purposes, it would be a lot more difficult), pair it up with razor and you have a sick system for multclienting w/o needing any other third party programs
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins