Macros and Attacking...

Topics related to Second Age
ArchaicSubrosa

Macros and Attacking...

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Some macros are beneficial which I use when I am not actively playing online to do tedious things like hide and use anatomy. But using macros in combat to me should be considered a very unsportsmanlike activity and such persons should be hunted down and killed every time his/her whereabouts are known. I am not talking hotkeys I am talking systematic attacks that just wait for the target to initiate. If we wanted to interface with mechs we wouldn't be playing a RPG.
Macros in general should only be used to up skills in my opinion that are too much of a drudgery to actively persue when you want to adventure, explore, interact and use those skills in real situations.
Quick Macro killers may have a good laugh at running their operations to cheat at something they probably wouldn't be good at doing otherwise, but the rest of us who see this as a game of wit and skill see these people as intruders that offset order to our everyday lives.
Should we turn all of Britania into one big orgy of automatron? Just watch it as it plays itself? This should be an extreme blasphemy by all the online community...who else here agrees?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Macros and Attacking...

Post by RoadKill »

I read the whole post 3 times and I'm still lost. What type of "macros" are you talking about? Examples could help bring support
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Beetle Juice

Post by Beetle Juice »

I too am lost. I have attempted to make a macro for combat situations. Such as auto drink orange pot of poisoned, Heal pot if below a certain hit point, refresh if below a stam point. And bandage every 15sec or so. I have been partially successful in doing so, but it needs more attention to perfect it, and add more to it.

Is this in anyway similar to what you are referring to?
Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle. . .

[03:43] <beetlejuice> Hey, where did u get the idea for the small deco contest?
[03:44] <beetlejuice> Didn't you see my kitchen and copy mine?
[04:28] <Blackfoot> yea i stole your kitchen

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think he is refering to a more scripted attack. Suppose I were to script my combos, with the addition of purple potions, taking the timing completely out of PvP. I have seen a few that use the guild-chat to syncronise their spell casting on a particular target, making healing impossible.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Scripted combos exactly. With a perfectly timed macro you can cast paralyze then another spell right after then go in for a melee without fudging around with keys. Or you can have macro healers casting greater heals and bandaging etc while attacking or using wands/potions anything in their arsenal. I am sure you could create macros for just about any type of scenerio....
Or maybe I am wrong and people are just that good.

Pro

Post by Pro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I think he is refering to a more scripted attack. Suppose I were to script my combos, with the addition of purple potions, taking the timing completely out of PvP. I have seen a few that use the guild-chat to syncronise their spell casting on a particular target, making healing impossible.

if you can't heal an explo ebolt sync on this shard you are terrible.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Markmosthandsome wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I think he is refering to a more scripted attack. Suppose I were to script my combos, with the addition of purple potions, taking the timing completely out of PvP. I have seen a few that use the guild-chat to syncronise their spell casting on a particular target, making healing impossible.

Let me and two companions script a razor macro to exp-fs you at the exact same time. You wont live through it unless the timing is off.

What you just said, was along the same lines as
"if you can't survive fighting a balron in a 2-tile room you are terrible"

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

QFT
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Jack

Post by Jack »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Let me and two companions script a razor macro to exp-fs you at the exact same time. You wont live through it unless the timing is off.

pretty sure explode and fs will not hit at the same time

Faust

Post by Faust »

Explosion : 1.75 Cast Delay + 3.0 Damage Delay = 4.75 Time in Damage
Flamestrike : 2.0 Cast Delay + 1.0 Damage Delay = 3.0 Time in Damage

Keep in mind that an explosion hits at 4.75s...

Fast Casted Explosion/Flamestrike : 1.75 + 2.0 + 1.0 = 4.75s
Non Fast Casted Explosion/Flamestrike: 1.75 + 0.5 + 2.0 + 1.0 = 5.25s

It is possible to land explosion flamestrike exactly at the same time if you fast cast the combo.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

In a group fight, it's very possible to heal through sync dumps, its also easy to break a sync dump if it's a group fight.

Between greater strength pots, a guy casting GH, and a guy casting weaken, syncs are nothing.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Pro

Post by Pro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:

do it make the macro i bet u 100k I can heal it