Re: Double Hit Decipher:

Post by Eulogy »

Wheres the poll, then?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:This feature was actually active prior to the patch that introduced the equip delay on this server several months ago. It worked pretty much exactly the way it has been described here. Trying to accomplish a double hit was pretty much damn near impossible in the older system, and it was extremely easy to counter someone trying to pull one off.

The swing is determined by a previous swing and equipping before the timer elapses. This pretty much makes it random during most occassions since the swing is based on your current stamina. A double hit was extremely hard previously before the equip delay being implemented. Now that the equip delay has been introduced doing a double hit would be twice as hard to perform since your delay would be reset when you screwed up. At least under the previous system you would still receive your first hit and not your second hit when screwing up. With the equip delay added now you would receive neither. The people that previoulsy played here with the old system before the equip delay knows how hard it was to actually pull a double hit off.
I certainly hope you aren't referring to the katana+hally hit. Everyone and their mother was pulling that off, other than that, there has never been an actual double hally hit here.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, it was not the katana to hally trick here previously. However, it was during that particular combat system. The only reason you could go from katana to hally was because there was no equip delay. When you hit with a katana setting your delay to roughly around 2.0s and switching to a hally it would not reset your delay like it would normally have in the correct system allowing you to go from kat to hally so quickly.

You apparently just did not know that the double hit exploit worked during this time. :wink:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... &view=next

There were several people that knew that it did from the testing phase that tried using it all the time. However, countering the ability was so easy simply because you had to be dumb enough to sit there and take the blow to ever receive one.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm still a little confused by your explanation Kaivan...

I have been thinking more about this feature being caused by the prep delay. This theory is logical but there is a simple flaw to it...

"Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging."

That is the patch note for this feature. If you were to equip weapon somehow bypassing the equip delay it would still only be one swing. My theory previously was that the regular swing would override the prep delay telling the system that you could hit and the prep delay would finish out telling the system that you could hit again... However, if you can't swing for the entire duration as stated during the prep time it's physically impossible to receive two hits regardless of the situation unless the system overrided the prep delay telling the system that you could indeed swing during it.

If these events actually told the system that you were ready to swing when a regular swing delay or the prep delay elapsed it's quite feesible to accomplish this bug. However, the system would have to be written on a boolean structure for your character telling the system that you could hit in an on or off scenario.

This is a very complex situation one way or the other.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I'm not a fan of implementing this. There's not a lot of evidence to support or explain how it worked.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There isn't a lot of evidence to support a weapon cycle but everyone knows that it existed.

There is absolutely no evidence to support the lich lord wall buggy area, but everyone knows that it existed.

There is no evidence to prove what the action delay is but everyone knows that it existed and the estimated value of it.

Get my point yet?

There were many features like this... Why should we take away something that is known to be accurate simply because you or anyone else doesn't like it? That is being very contrary towards the goal of this shard. Most players besides a certain few think dexers were easily beatable during the t2a era... How would you feel if the majority of them told you that this was the case and it sticks? You wouldn't like it at all just like the people that want this feature that they remember very well. I don't really care about this bug and probably would never use it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put my personal bias against it ruining other nostalgic experiences that people have the right too.

The double hit bug may be vague but so has been a lot of other features here that was without a doubt in existence during the era. The japanese article is actually pretty dead on with the description the only problem is trying to figure out how it actually worked inside of the code since RunUO isn't ANYTHING like the code that OSI used. Second, the double hit exploit is actually implemented here but sitting dorment masked beyind the equip delay preventing it from occurring. The few months that it was active here there were actually NO problems at all with it... The equip delay makes the bug 100% more harder to accomplish compared to the way it worked before. There should be absolutely no problem at all with the bug. However, I am going to inject some code into my scripts to verify how easily it may be to accomplish one with a macro and analyze it extensively when I have the time.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Time could be better spent elsewhere I think is a more appropriate discussion for this thread.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Less percentage of people "knows" that double hit existed when compared to your points in your analogy.

Faust

Post by Faust »

noxmonk wrote:Time could be better spent elsewhere I think is a more appropriate discussion for this thread.
What for example?

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Liek, the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow..

Faust

Post by Faust »

FYI, I coded this feature into a test distribution and it worked flawlessly even producing two swing animations/damages with in 0.25s of each other. The only problem is that this feature can be "sort of" linked to a macro. It doesn't work all the time when you use the macro though. Based on my on-sight location ping of 0-10 it was possible to do about 1 out of 5 hits to pull one off using a macro. This probably shouldn't take hold for this reason alone unless the inaccurate Razor features are hopefully fixed one day. I don't know how hard it would be to pull off in a real situation while fighting when people can dodge and make you wrestle screwing it all up.