New Player Here, Asking For Favor

Topics related to Second Age
ArchaicSubrosa

Re: New Player Here, Asking For Favor

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

hiicha wrote:
Ireland wrote:
Daolin wrote:i can teach you how to fish
Give a man a fish and he is fed. Teach a man to fish and he'll have 10k fishsteaks and no buyers.
Fixed.
If you Dped them you'd be a wealthy man

Dumby

Post by Dumby »

So... What your all trying to say is.... No?

If anyone is willing to help please let me know.
Thanks!

-Dumby

Furync

Post by Furync »

Dumby wrote:So... What your all trying to say is.... No?

If anyone is willing to help please let me know.
Thanks!

-Dumby

Still trying? Now that's pathetic...
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Start cruising the farms, get some cotton and wool, make cloth, and sell it to the NPC tailors. There's a runebook for this at the $$$ Rune Tower and at my rune shop. I sell it, along with other gold-farming books for new players, just about at my cost as a little service to the community.

I spent my first couple of days on the shard selling cloth and buying regs, and I made very good money that way - before I had the ability to make a runebook for myself, and before I knew about the $$$ library. With a runebook, you can make at least a couple thousand gold on every trip. It's been three days since you first posted to ask for a handout. By now you would be macroing away in your first house with plenty of reagents or whatever supplies you needed. Or, even better, rent a house at the Humble Village of Awesome (PM Safir for info).

I hate to point out the obvious, but you've played this game before, and you must know how much it's frowned upon when people ask for handouts from people who built themselves up the hard way. Many players like myself offer small services to the community because we all want to retain new players. In fact, some people spend a great deal of their time doing this (lots of respect to Safir). Just flat-out writing someone a check, though, that's not common.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Daltrey wrote:Start cruising the farms, get some cotton and wool, make cloth, and sell it to the NPC tailors. There's a runebook for this at the $$$ Rune Tower and at my rune shop. I sell it, along with other gold-farming books for new players, just about at my cost as a little service to the community.

I spent my first couple of days on the shard selling cloth and buying regs, and I made very good money that way - before I had the ability to make a runebook for myself, and before I knew about the $$$ library. With a runebook, you can make at least a couple thousand gold on every trip. It's been three days since you first posted to ask for a handout. By now you would be macroing away in your first house with plenty of reagents or whatever supplies you needed. Or, even better, rent a house at the Humble Village of Awesome (PM Safir for info).

I hate to point out the obvious, but you've played this game before, and you must know how much it's frowned upon when people ask for handouts from people who built themselves up the hard way. Many players like myself offer small services to the community because we all want to retain new players. In fact, some people spend a great deal of their time doing this (lots of respect to Safir). Just flat-out writing someone a check, though, that's not common.
This.

Between my busy schedule I have 11k in the bank from lumberjacking and bowcraft/fletching. And that's with 20's-30's in lumberjacking...
Take some time and earn the money yourself.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

if you really are not willing to put ANY time into farming for yourself, i doubt you would be a very active player anyways. i hope no one wastes money on you because i predict you will quit within a week or 2. seen this happen way to many times now.

Dumby

Post by Dumby »

Thanks to everyone kind enough to help me out!

I am just about 4x now and will see you all in the field in no time!

TheDon

Post by TheDon »

I made 10k doing the wool thing.
macro'd my magery up enough to cast bladepsirits.

then spent my time bs'ing dragons and macroing magery with the gold I made doing so.

took me a while but im 7x.. it isnt hard.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Ireland wrote:hahah hiicha, i lol'd. :lol:
Me too :D

It's the philosophy behind the quote that is impied here though. What reason does the OP have to stay and be an active player on UOSA if he is not willing to take an infinitesimal amount of start-up time.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Daltrey wrote:Start cruising the farms, get some cotton and wool, make cloth, and sell it to the NPC tailors. There's a runebook for this at the $$$ Rune Tower and at my rune shop. I sell it, along with other gold-farming books for new players, just about at my cost as a little service to the community.

Thanks Daltrey! ;)

Indeed, The Humble Village of Awesome is open for any and all new players to the shard, where you're offered a safe house for private use to do whatever in for up to a month. Check it out if you need a place to stay! No guild affiliation and you're not asked for anything in return. It's just a chance to get a running start on this wonderful shard! ;)

kayla22

Post by kayla22 »

My husband and I made a fortune by shearig sheep and processing the wool. We then tailored it and sold it to npcs. We mde a fortune doing that. In a month we had enough gold for a castle and a tower. So, just work for your own gold and people here will respect you.