razor restrictions?

Topics related to Second Age
~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

razor restrictions?

Post by ~|~Damaja »

I was wondering if you were thinking about restricting some of the game play features on razor.

Mainly the auto unequip hands for potions and weapons. T2a you had to manually do this. Not necessarily manually drag your weapon on and off, but you could make unequip / equip macros. If you tried to cast with your hands equiped you couldnt start a spell and if you released a spell while equiped you would fizzle. This added alot more skill and room for error in fighting.
Some might remember the UOA macros like equip right hand, left hand, both hands

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: razor restrictions?

Post by LargePiece »

I can't use auto unequip anyway. Due to the occasional piece of lag it occasionally doesn't work. So yeah, I all for removing it! ;)
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Sorry this probably should have gone in the bugs/suggestions forum

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

I know that there has been discussion of disabling the light filters so people would hafta In Lor in dungeons etc.

platy

Post by platy »

uo assist was out long enough ago that people were easily able to create hotkeys for pots, i think its a good thing, for both dexers and mages

silex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by silex »

If you take the wrecking ball to Razor's auto unequip for the sake of era accuracy, I think you need to do a full evaluation of Razor. So many of its features were not available at the time (IIRC).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I believe UOA, which was a well established tool in this era allowed auto-unequip. Maybe my memory is faulty.

We don't currently have razor restrictions implemented. I do plan to do so. Thanks for the suggestion. Other that the Light Filter we didn't have anything else we were going to restrict but this would be a great thread for any other recommendations as well.

platy

Post by platy »

adding razor restrictions will give a huge advantage to those who run non razor clients, which i believe aren't illegal correct?

alatar

Post by alatar »

why would you restrict a macro from one program just so you would have to use it on another? UO has a disarm macro, so does Razor, what's the difference? Let's be real here. If you restrict Razor then you need to restrict all Agents, the entire Macro tab, Arm/Dress, 90% of the filters, and just about everything else on there.. Pointless
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Sorry if I wasn't clear in the original post. What I meant was for the check mark boxes in the "more options" tab the two auto unequips be a restriction. UOA did not have auto unequip back then. Don't know about now. I am jsut saying it doesn't feel like preUOR pvp with autounequip in the game. You had to use the disarm / arm macros to cast and release spells. It is way more fun and challenging and era correct...

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

I don't see the point in restricting the Light Filter either. The client can easily be modified to make it 'Always Light'.

If people want to experience the game without it always being light, then it's their choice, and I know many play without using the light filter.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Im one of those people storm. >:) DARKNESS

seth

Post by seth »

I'm against restricting the Razor options. I dont think it affects the gameplay that much to be noticed. Just my 2 cents worth.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

seth wrote:I'm against restricting the Razor options. I dont think it affects the gameplay that much to be noticed. Just my 2 cents worth.
your hands automatically disarming when you start to cast a spell/release Imo is a huge gameplay discrepancy. Having to hit your arm/disarm (toggle) whatever macro was a huge part of gameplay and pvp.