Looking for housing space

Topics related to Second Age
Blackup

Looking for housing space

Post by Blackup »

...for my Patio House. I ran around for 2 hours last night and then again for an hour and a half this morning looking for a place to put it. Any help would be appreciated.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Looking for housing space

Post by tekai »

Send a PM to OlmanRiver around 9pm if you havent found one, I can help you find a spot
[broken image]

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I looked for a while for my 2 story but eventually located a spot. It's not easy and this one house per player mess makes it difficult.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Blackup

Post by Blackup »

tekai wrote:Send a PM to OlmanRiver around 9pm if you havent found one, I can help you find a spot
Will do. Thanks.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

ton of space south of trinsic moongate, the player town appears to have dissolved. Could place a few keeps there.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Blackup

Post by Blackup »

hiicha wrote:ton of space south of trinsic moongate, the player town appears to have dissolved. Could place a few keeps there.
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out once I'm off of work.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

there are TONS of large and towers spots out there (and prob a couple keeps as mentioned)...

North east of vesper, north west and north east of brit, all around trinsic, even on the islands...

Tons and tons of room out there... 1 house per char bla....

Blackup

Post by Blackup »

My thanks to all. I eventually found a place far north east of Vesper. Very far, my mount was fatigued. Truth be told I probably could have placed sooner but I was having trouble with the actual placing of the house. Whenever I clicked the deed the house would show to the far right (about a screen away). I thought I would have to move to the left of the place I wanted. Turns out if I placed right at my feet, that's where it would end up even though it showed to the far right. I don't remember this when I played 9 years ago. Maybe it's because I have a larger forced resolution?

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Hoots wrote:there are TONS of large and towers spots out there (and prob a couple keeps as mentioned)...

North east of vesper, north west and north east of brit, all around trinsic, even on the islands...

Fact: Way to many houses for the population of the server.

It is not easy to find a spot that fits a 14 tile wide or long house or larger.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

tenduil wrote:
Hoots wrote:there are TONS of large and towers spots out there (and prob a couple keeps as mentioned)...

Fact: Way to many houses for the population of the server.

It is not easy to find a spot that fits a 14 tile wide or long house or larger.
What is not easy? want to wager a large house deed that i could place a large house in over 15 places in one day here?

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Obviously you have to much money.

I've been here a month, am barely able to play and was just able to place a 2 story house that I saved up for.

Are there 'some' spots, yes. Yet there are way to many houses that are just taking up space for the sheer fact of just taking up space.
Awesomeness

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

tenduil wrote:Yet there are way to many houses that are just taking up space for the sheer fact of just taking up space.
*CoughBoTCough*
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I don't know why you guys are still bashing bag of tricks, hes downsized considerably since he went from realestate to rares.

There are many many many people with max houses, and theres nothing really wrong with that. Other then them being mostly empty, a little simple deco would spruce things up.

It gives a feel of a larger community, gives more chances at idoc's, and makes realestate a profitable market.

If i want to cover an area in houses, and sell them at a profit, that should be ok.

If anything its T2A Accurate, I had many houses then.

At the end of the day, would you rather have someone unwilling to sell spots in great locations, or a person like bag of tricks who seeks out prime spots and is willing to sell them.
[broken image]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Blackup wrote:My thanks to all. I eventually found a place far north east of Vesper. Very far, my mount was fatigued. Truth be told I probably could have placed sooner but I was having trouble with the actual placing of the house. Whenever I clicked the deed the house would show to the far right (about a screen away). I thought I would have to move to the left of the place I wanted. Turns out if I placed right at my feet, that's where it would end up even though it showed to the far right. I don't remember this when I played 9 years ago. Maybe it's because I have a larger forced resolution?
Can someone speak to this? I found this to be an issue when even simply placing a small 7x7. The cursor target had to be clicked about 4 tiles to the left of where even the front left corner of the house would end up. Huge pain, and if there wasn't so much room that I knew the house had to fit SOMEWHERE (this was ice isle), I would have given up.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, the preview is a little off and I've been unable to fix it. The error seems to vary.

My thought has been to get rid of the preview all together as it was added late in era, and seems to do more harm than good with the display error.