Vendor Default Pricing - Why it matters to Smiths and UOSA

Abbot

Vendor Default Pricing - Why it matters to Smiths and UOSA

Post by Abbot »

I recently came into some information regarding a term called Vendor Default Pricing (or Vendor Display Pricing), abbreviated as VDP. Before I get into it, I need to define something else, which is, lets call it, the Item Durability Variable, or, IDV.

IDV

The IDV is a random number generated every time you craft an item. It determines what your item's max durability will be, and the higher numbers are always harder to get. The reason you want a high max durability is:

a. the weapon takes longer to break and,
b. the weapon does more damage the closer to max durability it is, so it does more damage over time.

Uhhh.... what

If I haven't lost you, you're wondering how you can determine IDV. Well, I present to you
VDP!

VDP was a method used on OSI which involved making multiple weapons, taking them to an NPC vendor, and separating the items by their value. Vendors paid a higher price for higher IDV, and often when items were sold on player vendors it was listed as e.g. for Katanas, 51/51 for max IDV, 50/51 for slightly less, etc etc. Right now, vendors only offer a fixed amount for all items sold.

The good news is the GMs have expressed interest in implementing VDP but originally they lacked all the information available to make it happen. So, I have done the research and have provided all the necessary information. Now, they just need encouragement.

Seriously, what the hell is this shit

Just head on over to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7278 and leave a post saying you want proper era accurate VDP implemented NOW! Together we can make it happen, and this will open a huge market for smiths all over UOSA, and reignite the economy!
<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith
<Sheer_Luck> Yeah but all the hally handles smell funny.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vendor Default Pricing - Why it matters to Smiths and UO

Post by mrbojangles »

Interesting, I had forgotten about this, but now I do specifically remember a varying quality of GM items. Do you know if they value estimate given by the Item ID skill was effected by VDP?
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Lucy the Lich

Post by Lucy the Lich »

Abbot wrote:Together we can make it happen, and this will open a huge market for america all over UOSA, and reignite the economy!
Thank you President Obama, now back to reality with you Janice, in eastern Japan!

Abbot

Post by Abbot »

Hahaha. I think I got a little carried away with myself, Lucy, thanks for noticing.

In regards to item id, UOSA it just gives you the flat amount. If VDP was implemented, item ID should work as an alternative to taking your gear to a vendor to check IDV.

Abbot

Post by Abbot »

This was decided a non-priority by Kaivan. If you're interested, please post in the linked thread I provided saying you want VDP in.