Halloween Trick or Treat Results 2013

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Halloween Trick or Treat Results 2013

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Vega could've won if he didn't own so many houses. :-P
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

The prize has been awarded and I'll let him decide if he wants to reveal it, I am sure he will.
Lord Mammoth

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

GuardianKnight wrote:From what I gather, only the first place gets a prize. I think the impression you should get is that you should be grateful for ANY prize for this event. As for the last 2 years, there was no prize at all. The last time we got a prize was in 2011 for the top 10.

Relevant: If you did this for a while, you received a bunch of silver. The current estimated value in game is 20k per piece.
I agree with Guardian Knight here, 20k per silver, that's a good day to just run around and say "trick or treat", also, it gave the newer players an incentive to be active and gave the pks an opportunity to get out and kill some newbies. haha

So ya, although there was no prizes for 2-10 like in 2011, having any prize at all is a step forward, new players have to have a reason to play here and need to be able to at least have a CHANCE to aquire some of the things that the vets have. Noone would want to start here new if they knew there was no chance of getting certain things that the other players have and would never sell. So I would say that this was a successful step in getting the player base back to where it needs to be. I hope the newer guys had a chance to earn some coin and didn't have it all stolen from the rich players who could actually afford to have bought it rather than use a "stealing scam"(you should be ashamed of yourselves). (and yes, cancelling a trade window to steal a whole stack of silver should be considering a scam as silver should weigh the same as gold coins, 1000 silver shouldn't still weigh 1 stone)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

As someone who made less silver with 2,900 houses than several of my friends who ran 1,000-roughly 2,000 with margins of 6-15 silver, I'm genuinely upset with this event. The random spawning is whatever, but that much disparity to be in second place and receive practically nothing for my effort is just... pitiful.

Bee

Post by Bee »

Vega wrote:As someone who made less silver with 2,900 houses than several of my friends who ran 1,000-roughly 2,000 with margins of 6-15 silver, I'm genuinely upset with this event. The random spawning is whatever, but that much disparity to be in second place and receive practically nothing for my effort is just... pitiful.
Quit crying! Like you need the 5 silver!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Bee wrote:
Vega wrote:As someone who made less silver with 2,900 houses than several of my friends who ran 1,000-roughly 2,000 with margins of 6-15 silver, I'm genuinely upset with this event. The random spawning is whatever, but that much disparity to be in second place and receive practically nothing for my effort is just... pitiful.
Quit crying! Like you need the 5 silver!
It will make sense soon enough, Bee.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

I'm glad they are actually giving out prizes now.
I got first place last year w/ no prize.
Ill be back in action next year I guess

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Thank you to the Staff who run this great shard for putting on this Halloween event. This was my first ever time experiencing Trick-or-Treating in UO. I look forward to participating again next year. Special thanks for the 1st place prize package. I never expected they would be so awesome, and it certainly added to my already great enjoyment of this event! I will treasure them forever, and it is a wonderful reminder of my time that I have spent, and will continue to spend on this shard! !vote

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

1st place prize package? Do you have a screenshot or description to share with the masses? We would all love to hear about the wonderful haloween candy or pumpkin bomb you got!!!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Atleast he told you that the 1st place would get something this time.

The halloween hunt before this one: DOn't think anyone actually knew there were no rewards for the last one until near the end. Lemme tell you; that was really frustrating.

Admittedly, in the back of my mind, this time, I was hoping the top 10 thing was still in effect. Let's be honest here, this was an event that only allowed the top 3 to to see where they were. It gives no hope to anyone under that to even see if they should even keep trying. The thought that out of a few hundred people taking part, if you just try hard enough, you'll atleast make the top 10 and win something.... That was the though on everyone's minds.

This isn't me being snarky or aggressive. This is just pure honesty. I don't talk around things when it is unnecessary.

I could imagine that a person like Vega, who started early, mapped out his areas, worked hard, went to work, came back home and continued until server down, only to make 2nd place..... he would probably be feeling kind of slighted. Obviously this isn't the intention, but thems the breaks. It is what it is.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

GuardianKnight wrote:I could imagine that a person like Vega, who started early, mapped out his areas, worked hard, went to work, came back home and continued until server down, only to make 2nd place..... he would probably be feeling kind of slighted. Obviously this isn't the intention, but thems the breaks. It is what it is.
Indeed what I did. I only slept 3 hours before work to do so as well.

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

Here's the deal, there hasn't been prizes since 2010. So when this Halloween started you shouldn't have been expected anything. Then when I posted that the top spot would get something you shouldn't be expecting or complaining about not getting anything if you weren't the top spot. It could have been like the last three years with no one getting anything, except of course for all the goodies you did get from actually trick or treating. Any futute complaining is unwarranted and will be removed, end of discussion.

Thanks,

Mammoth
Lord Mammoth

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Lord Mammoth wrote:Here's the deal, there hasn't been prizes since 2010. So when this Halloween started you shouldn't have been expected anything. Then when I posted that the top spot would get something you shouldn't be expecting or complaining about not getting anything if you weren't the top spot. It could have been like the last three years with no one getting anything, except of course for all the goodies you did get from actually trick or treating. Any futute complaining is unwarranted and will be removed, end of discussion.

Thanks,

Mammoth
I promise that my post was not intended to be a complaint. Completely on an empathetic standpoint. That's always been my schtick. I even worded it in a way as to avoid the mistake of it being construed as negative. If it was taken that way , I apologize.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Here's part of the prize package, since most of you have wanted to know what was given out.
k2.png
k2.png (27.33 KiB) Viewed 11043 times
k5.png
k5.png (6.2 KiB) Viewed 11043 times

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

Bixby Legbone wrote:Here's part of the prize package, since most of you have wanted to know what was given out.
k2.png
k5.png
Grats sir!