You begin Secret Agent as a freshly revived player with full hit points. You’re trapped in a house with many other enemy Agents.
The game begins as soon as you’re alive and ends when only one Agent is left. You can use any means necessary to kill each other (with exception to any newbie items you may have smuggled in). This includes activating traps and spawns, using weapons found in the home, using your fists, using potions, using wand effects, and by using tinker traps.
It is wise to steal any and all items you can, because each container has a limit on how many items it can hold. If it has items you don’t want in it, you need to steal those before a new item can spawn.
You will find various supplies while in the house. Any items found in static containers will need to be stolen in order to obtain them. Having 100 stealing is beneficial, but anything over 50 should place you in a fairly good spot. You do not need to be in the thieves guild to play Secret Agent, but it does you give an edge.
Supplies will spawn on the ground and in containers.
- Tinker Tools
- Wands (debuff, heal, damage spells, ID)
- A dagger (functions as expected)
- A shortsight bow (max range 4, requires arrows)
- A blowgun (looks like a black staff, max range 4, does not require arrows, is slow)
You will also find switches and levers in the home. There are obvious switches and levers, and some hidden in plain sight. Pulling these levers will have a variety of effects:
- You might poison everyone in the house.
- You might reveal all hidden players.
- You might activate/spawn a series of traps.
- You might even spawn a balron.
A sewer rat can almost always be found lurking the shadows of this house. The rat has a chance to drop great treasure.
The last Agent alive takes home a 4-silver trophy.
There are endless ways to approach this game. The following skills are all valid and useful in this game.
- Detect Hidden, detect Agents and traps.
- Healing, if you find scissors and cloth, you can make bandages.
- Hiding, for hiding and using weapons.
- Item Identification, for identifying magical wands you find.
- Lockpicking, to pick (some) chests. 80 skill required.
- Magic Resist, to prevent wand damage from hurting you as much.
- Remove Trap, remove traps placed by any tinkering Agents.
- Snooping, to rob your enemies easier.
- Stealing, for stealing items.
- Stealth, get around other Agents easier.
- Tactics, to make those punches hurt!
- Tinkering, set traps.
- Tracking, find players who may be hidden, and prevent walking over them while you stealth through the home.
- Wrestling, if you have no weapon, wrestling is your next best defense or offense.