Email forum accounts

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Email forum accounts

Post by Ohm »

WarmApplepie wrote:
DKS wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Agreed, and that's what I was talking about regarding sending a one time message via the forums regarding an opt-in newsletter. The only grievance that I have with that position is that the idea is that we're using an option that is intended for forum administration purposes to do something that is very clearly not a matter of forum administration. However, no better solution exists for getting those who have already signed up for accounts to be on such an external mailing list than that.

The only thing that I would point out is that if we choose to do this, we would need an opt-in option as part of the forum registration process that allows players to add themselves to the mailing list upon sign up, and a method for those who decide not to be on the list to later sign up for the list.

On the 'global settings' portion of the forum, it says "Administration may email me information". Is this new or has this always been here? If so, seems like you would be able to send out a newsletter!
Absolutely
I don't see why this hasn't happened yet..
but if we can come up with a legit UOSA newsletter, ill email it to all the forum accounts that have their emails attached.
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I'm not sure if this was added. I feel it has always been there. With that said, I had wanted to wait until the new site was live to put any effort or money into marketing UOSA. The current site sucks, plain and simple.

However, I think it's safe to say at this point, putting together a forum sticky/announcement with images, head/sub-headings, and general information about UOSA and the last year or so here would be a good asset to create. Then we can create a summarized version to use as a newsletter and link to the forum post, instead of our homepage. The forum post should also have quick links for downloading the UOSA installer and links to any startup/help guides.

If someone wants to aid me with this, that'd be fantastic because I highly doubt Kaivan or Anarcho will assist with this based on my experience as Staff so far. I should (and will confirm) be able to export a list of all users who have checked the box stating that an Administrator can email them. Chances are we can get away using the free version of Mailchimp to send a blast to 2000 of those emails and from there decide if it would be wise to spend some money repeating the process on the other emails.

We may also want to sift through the list and only include people who meet criteria such as having at least 50 forum posts or something along these lines.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I'd love to help BLJ with anything that promotes growth on UOSA... With the bajillions of folks out there looking for/trying/playing such crappy new games, there's absolutely no reason that our awesome game in the t2a era should not have 1000+ players. People just don't know! Keep up the good work boom.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

When is the new site gonna be added, Boom?
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Ohm wrote:When is the new site gonna be added, Boom?
lol
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
lol
mmm.. yeah I guess it was a funny question... :?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Ohm wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
lol
mmm.. yeah I guess it was a funny question... :?
BTW, we've moved the conversation to here, viewtopic.php?f=150&t=63927
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.