Updates For Testing

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: Updates For Testing

Post by Derrick »

OSI code was checked on this. Locked is only checked when the plank is closed.

Also for what it's worth, I personally remember opening a locked plank for people to hop onto; as we commonly used boats when doing treasure maps and there was a lot of hopping on and off.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Okay, that's good news. Wonder if this is just a RunUO feature or if it still works like this on OSI.

What about the attack range Derrick?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Additions since original notice:
  • Setting a guildmembers guildtitle to "none" will remove the title
  • Pets will no longer always be able to cast spells, but will instead use the same logic as non-tame creatures for this.
  • House placement target has a 10 tile range
  • Teratheans and Ophidians speed is slower.
    • We have seen evidence of this in multiple accounts from era. The speed was increased not long ago based on less information than we now have heard.
  • Parties disabled.
  • Fix made to allow teleporting into open areas enclosed by houses which had been broken by an earlier patch which was intended to fix the explicit issue of teleporting under Keep walls, and should not have effected teleporting into castle courtyards.
  • Key Rings require normal range and Line Of Sight to use, just like other items
  • Housing Changes:
    • Secures count against total Lockdowns
    • Saying "I wish to unsecure this" will unsecure a chest in a house. but it will remain locked down.
    • "I wish to Secure this" will lock down the item if not already locked down, in addition to securing it
    • When releasing a secure with "I wish to release this" it will become neither locked down nor secure
    • Detect Hidden and Hiding will not gain in a house at all if you are a friend of the house.
  • Updated alchemy message and hue with emote. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19688
  • Inebriation is not conducive to meditation. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19775
  • A player cannot be resurrected while standing on the same tile as other living creatures.
  • Adjustment to the way karma is effected by resurrecting, healing and curing of other humans.
    • Karma for resurrection is only given if the player is actually resurrected
  • The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent, reports can no longer be saved up and then sent all at once.
  • Fix to axes, allows chopping furniture with axe in pack or on ground, was preventing this unless the axe was equiped
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex updates:
    • BS and EV's will not be attacked unprovoked by aggressive creatures
    • EV's and BS's will no longer have a long delay after being summoned before they acquire a target
    • EV's will curse if walked over; BS's will poison if walked over
  • Creatures which are guarding players or other pets no longer respond to aggressor history, but respond strictly to actions which take place while the pet/hire is actively guarding.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Derrick wrote: [*]Inebriation is not conducive to meditation. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19775
Glad I GM'd it today on my 2nd mage.

Derrick wrote: [*]Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex updates:
  • BS and EV's will not be attacked unprovoked by aggressive creatures
  • EV's and BS's will no longer have a long delay after being summoned before they acquire a target
  • EV's will curse if walked over; BS's will poison if walked over
[*]Creatures which are guarding players or other pets no longer respond to aggressor history, but respond strictly to actions which take place while the pet/hire is actively guarding.[/list]
With this in the thread that brought this up I remember it saying that it effected the criminal status, but if an EV/BS killed someone it was not counted as a murder. Is that true?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Karik Verlee wrote:
Derrick wrote: [*]Inebriation is not conducive to meditation. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19775
Glad I GM'd it today on my 2nd mage.
Since it is posted here and not in actual Patch Notes, I believe this means it is still in test server only, which gives a bit more time for other people to GM med before it goes live.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

That all looks really good!

Great work.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Karik Verlee wrote:With this in the thread that brought this up I remember it saying that it effected the criminal status, but if an EV/BS killed someone it was not counted as a murder. Is that true?
I thought this feature/correction was in a previous patch. It was related to the changes to firefields in Patch 129, but now I'm not sure if the change was made to EV's and Blades. Will verify, if not we'll get it in.

Subject: Patch 129 - May 3, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay
Derrick wrote:
  • Murder Count eligibility changes:
    • Creating a Firefield directly on top of somone will make you eligible for a murder count; but having someone walk into your firefield will not.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Looks like a lot of good things, is there a general release date?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm hoping for tommorrow morning or Friday. I'm pretty disenthused about the lack of testing and/or feedback. There are a lot of big changes in here; and I've turned on a few dungeons for testing of the AI changes.

I'd really appreciate some testing of this. If the patch deletes all the houses on the shard, only those who have tested will see their property restored :P.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Creatures which are guarding players or other pets no longer respond to aggressor history, but respond strictly to actions which take place while the pet/hire is actively guarding.
Sorry Tamers, I do believe this removes the ability to claim pets in guard mode from a stable and have them defend you based on your aggressor even though they were not claimed/within range when you were actually attacked?

IE: No more "dragon bombs"

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent,

The gumps are not being held just tested i was blue the entire time slayed my self 6 times had 1 gump to start on the screen (this is normal the other gumps only pop up 1 at a time) waited 5 mins after clicked i ok for first count and the second gump on my self did not pop up even after reloging

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Are mounts spawned in the wild still going to have more stamina than stable-bought horses?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

iamreallysquall wrote:The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent,

The gumps are not being held just tested i was blue the entire time slayed my self 6 times had 1 gump to start on the screen (this is normal the other gumps only pop up 1 at a time) waited 5 mins after clicked i ok for first count and the second gump on my self did not pop up even after reloging

Out to lunch

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

RoseRIP wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent,

Out to lunch
Do you not realize that even if the intended change here was in place that you would of still got 40 murder counts? This is because i was blue the entire time i never gave you first count, and in turn This would still enable me to Give 40 clicks of yes to count but at 5 mins between each click on your box ? also this thread is for feedback and comments about changes so try to stay on topic and not try to stroke your epeen apparently you don't understand the murder count system and game mechanics.

Edit 1 - After first rez it says i can no longer count the person yet i still have the gump and the weird message is in the journal ( less then 10 second passed) After killing my self Again And Again And not clicking yes I am not getting additional gumps for killing my self Which is not working properly as i am still blue every time i rez kill my self.
Attachments
wowzers_6-23_23.44.jpg
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Tekai Fede and I tested a few's thing today.

Murder counts are working properly it looks like. When you kill someone they are sent a murder gump which cannot be resent by the same murderer more then once in 5 min's. Tested it by holding the first count and having Fede res kill me, looks solid.

Horse stamina looks good, but I don't understand the change to all stop if there was one. Saw no difference in the difficulty of getting back on a horse in combat.

Tekai disagrees with the way monsters are able to follow/aggro you though dungeon's.

Good Patch.

*rolls eye's at iamreallysquall*